KazaneHime's Trophy Case

KazaneHime

L3fd369.png

100% - Overcooked! 2

Review:

Finally finished off all of the DLC trophies so Overcooked! 2 is officially at 100% complete!!

The part I needed help with in the end was the horde levels, and my friend @TalesofGaming made it so much easier by revealing that you can repair the gates ? Still not sure I would've been able to beat all of them with 100% help without help, but it's done now!

As with Overcooked! All you can Eat edition, this game is a lot of fun. I did most of this alone and it was weirdly relaxing to do so. The trophies are a lot harder, with requirements of three stars on all levels for multiple trophies.

Platinum Difficulty: 7/10 alone

My Overall Score: B

• Like 1

L5a2f56.png

1L414a5e.png

#66 - Tales of Symphonia

- Symphonia Master

Review:

After seven years and eight months, I finally have this platinum. Symphonia was always a stain on my Tales fan trophy list. For someone like me, who has been in love with the series for over a decade, I had never played what most people called the best Tales game. Even having played it and gotten 100% on everything, I can only appreciate it for its place in the history of the series. It is one of my least favorite in the series. Mainly because it is so out of date, and I've seen the tropes used better elsewhere. It probably didn't help that I went in knowing all of the spoilers for the story.

The four playthroughs required to get every title were frustrating, but not as much as the fact that you can't carry over items and weapons no matter how much grade you have. The start of every playthrough was painful, and it was frustrating. I wanted to breeze through every playthrough after the first, but that didn't happen. So many quality-of-life improvements other games in the series have made were sorely missed in this title.

Platinum Difficulty: 4/10

My Overall Score: C

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I'm apparently pretty bad at keeping up with this so here is another rapid-fire catch-up post.

1Lb42902.png

#67 - Ni no Kuni II

- One True King

Platinum Difficulty: 3/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Laf8bb3.png

#68 - Dark Souls III

- The Dark Soul

Platinum Difficulty: 6/10 - With co-op buddy

My Overall Score: A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Lb2eb9b.png

#69 - Spiritfarer

- Collector

Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

My Overall Score: B-

1Leeb9ae.png

#70 - Operation: Tango

- Operation: Tango - Mission Complete!

• Like 2

L4467f2.png

1L74d57b.png

#71 - Horizon Forbidden West

- All Trophies Obtained

Review:

They did such a good job with this game. It is more of the same from the first, but with improved systems (faces!!), fun new mechanics, and companions!

I found the game to be dragging a bit at the start, but once the story kicked off I had a hard time putting it down. Overall, I like the story better in this game, but I think the way they revealed the backstory of the world, and that backstory itself in the first game were really what blew that one out of the water.

Spoiler

Most of the story beats repeat those from the first, but I really like the idea of the Zeniths coming back after messing up another planet. And also Aloy has a sister!!! She really needed a family I feel like, so I was squealing over Beta and Aloy getting along and bonding as two clones of Elisabet.

My Overall Score: B+

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L182a85.png

The Pedestrian

100%

Review:

This was a nice little platforming puzzle game, and I really enjoyed the aesthetic of walking through various street signs. A couple of times, like with the paint, I had to look up the solutions to some puzzles, but overall they were pretty satisfying. Really liked where it went at the end, with a mixture of 3D and 2D platforming, but they really could've explained the 3D puzzle part better.

100% Difficulty: 2/10

My Overall Score: C+

Edited by KazaneHime
It merged my two reviews, so separating them.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Man, I missed quite a few again, but I feel like I want to keep trying to get this to be up to date so I'm gonna do them ? Working on adding now.

L05e2e6.png

1Le1a9ea.png

#72 - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

- Advent of the Akiba God

Review:

Akiba's Trip was a game I had on my backlog for a long time. I played it originally in college on @TalesofGaming's ps3 and her game. She lent it to me recently to finish up, and I was able to get the platinum. I enjoyed it overall; it is strangely enjoyable to strip people in a video game.

There weren't any trophies I struggled with; even the highest difficulty wasn't too bad on NG+ with a maxed-out weapon and armor (though I wish you kept your level).

If you've thought about trying this game at all, I would recommend it!

Plat Difficulty: 3/10

Edited by KazaneHime
  • Like 1

L209494.png

1L16fcab.png

#73 - A Short Hike

- Vacation Maximized

Review:

This was a small indie game I wanted to get in as a break between larger JRPGs. It's literally just a story about you, a small bird (whose name I forget) trying to get to the top of the mountain to get some cell service for an important call and doing random activities along the way. I found it a little less than completely relaxing, as I had to try to find all of the collectibles for the plat without a map or anything to tell me where in general to look.

The styling is really nice, it is low quality on purpose. The minigames are simple and even one that had to do with being fast wasn't really all that difficult to complete.

Plat Difficulty: 2/10

Edited by KazaneHime
  • Like 1

Led03d3.png

1Ldd2dbf.png

#74 - Death's Door

- The Shiniest Thing

Review:

I love, love, love this game. I first discovered it when Luke of Outside Xtra played it on a stream, and it looked like so much fun. I later found out that it was coming to PSN and jumped on the chance to play it for myself. It is a very old-school Zelda-like game with more of a Dark Souls visual. Combat is super smooth, and there are many places to explore without it feeling like it is overwhelming. For collectibles, nothing is missable, and the game will give you hints on where to find things for free, which helped me not stress out over getting everything.

The music is one of the best things in this game as well. "Avarice" is probably my favorite out of everything, which helps as it played in the trial chests, which I had to repeat the most.

The only thing that was difficult for me was the umbrella run. That meant playing the entire game only using the umbrella weapon, which has 0.5 physical damage. So basically half damage for the whole game, which can be hard to deal with at the start. I realized partway through that it was possible to get through dungeons, get new powers, and get the door just before a boss and then move to the next dungeon, saving the boss for later. That strategy helped, as it allowed me to be high level by the time I tackled any actual bosses.

Plat Difficulty: 5/10

Most of this difficulty comes in from the umbrella run.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L73f2a8.png

1L60634c.png

#75 - Bugsnax

- Bugsnax Master

Review:

I don't have too much to say about this game, but I did enjoy it. It was pretty relaxing with running around, completing requests, and collecting snax. I did get queazy with the ending, but I won't spoil that for anyone that doesn't already know.

Overall, this is a good game with a solid dose of body horror.

Edited by KazaneHime
  • Like 1

Lbf9c8d.png

1Lc0b251.png

#76 - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Review:

13 Sentinels was another game it took me a while to get to, even after I bought it.

I really enjoyed the game but kept getting tired out by the story and combat modes. At least they allow you to swap between the two, so that really helped.

I am still proud that I called the twist before it was revealed, and the story overall was quite good. Liked all of the ships except for the "main" one; literally, no reason for him to like her...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L5d4d6a.png

1L84f64f.png

#77 - Unpacking

- All Moved In

Review:

I can never give this game enough praise. Unpacking is by far my favorite "cozy" game. The story is told through the items that you unpack at every new place, following one person's life through childhood, college, and more. They recorded noises for every different combination of placing items on top of surfaces, which shows so much care for the atmosphere of the game.

I hope the dev makes more games like this, or this spawns some copycats so that I can play more games in this spirit!

Plat Difficulty: 1/10

My Overall Score: A+

Edited by KazaneHime
  • Like 2

Lf29caa.png

1L1b381d.png

#78 - Elden Ring

- Elden Ring

Review:

Elden Ring is a very good game, as I'm sure everyone who's played it will happily tell you.

While I enjoyed it, I found it to be too long. I was missing the more linear, area-based style of Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

I don't really have much more to add on this game beyond what everyone else will have to say, other than thank you to @TalesofGaming for continuing to be my amazing soulsborne wife.

Plat Difficulty: 4/10

My Overall Score: B+

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L75fdee.png

1L6fef97.png

#79 - Human Fall Flat

- Human

Review:

Human Fall Flat is a fun physics-based puzzle game with some fun ways to get around puzzles and mess with one another. The PS5 version is completely broken for invites; at least we could only get it to work once with over 100 attempts, and the devs don't seem to care about fixing this at all. @TalesofGaming and I had to work through the game using shareplay.

If you are thinking of playing this online with friends, avoid the PS5 version even though it makes the speedrun easier.

Edited by KazaneHime
  • Like 1

Lf29622.png

1L2dc066.png

#80 - Crash Bandicoot: Warped

- The N. Vincible Crash Bandicoot

Review:

I'm honestly shocked I was able to obtain this platinum. I played The Revenge of Cortex back on the original Xbox and was terrible at it. So the fact that I was able to be good enough at platformers, let alone a Crash game to get the plat is still a surprise.

I was told that this is the easiest out of all of the trilogy so still scared about the other ones (and getting the DLC trophies) but it is a real confidence boost to know that I am not bad at it.

Plat Difficulty: 4/10

• Like 1

L11fa59.png

1L8b6f02.png

#81 - Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars

- Ruler of the Dragon's Isle

Review:

This was an interesting indie-level game made by ex-Nier devs under Square Enix. The gameplay style really is an old turn-based RPG but the entire game is made out of cards and you have a Game Master reading everything out as well as explaining what is happening. It feels like they took tabletop gaming and tried to make a video game that feels like having a dnd adventure.

I enjoyed it overall, and it didn't take very much thinking so that helped out a lot. The game drags as you get further, so the fact that they also added in a 2x speed option in a patch was very appreciated.

My Overall Score: C

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lbe8770.png

1L99c299.png

#82 - Control

- Director of the FBC

Review:

Control - this was an interesting game; the setting stood out to me the most. It is unique in the world of games, and I enjoyed not fully knowing what to expect. The story wasn't entirely unexpected but combined with gameplay (adjusted to keep me from dying and having to replay sections), it was fun. I do not think I would've enjoyed the game as much if I hadn't turned on the 'no dying' mode after a couple of hours.

I recommend people try Control and know that the assist mode is there if any part gets to be too overwhelming.

• Like 2

Ldf701d.png

1L69dd0a.png

#83 - Picto Quest

- My Work Here is Done

Review:

Picto Quest is what it sounds like - an RPG-flavored pictogram game. For anyone who isn't familiar, pictograms or nonograms are logic puzzles where you fill in pixels based on numbers on the edges of a board or screen. I've played many pictogram games on switch and mobile before, so I had an easy time playing this game. I had to die on purpose at the end to get the trophy. ?

If you're interested in a small logic puzzle game, I would recommend it. If you don't like logic puzzles as much, it is pretty easy to skip this one.

My Overall Score: C-

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L6eddce.png

1L9cdc08.png

#84 - Coffee Talk

- Coffee and Chill

Review:

I ended up grabbing Coffee Talk because it was on sale, and I was in the mood for a chill game after getting four games, including Crash Warped, to 100% in a day. This game was the perfect break from demanding games. Most of the gameplay is reading conversations and making people coffee based on what they ask, or occasionally what they need at that moment. The story was fun, and the extra bits you learn from a second playthrough were nice! They even have a fast-forward option, so you do not need to reread everything your second time.

The only part that was challenging was challenge mode, as expected. Luckily, the game allows you to pause the game after reading someone's order, so I used that to check a guide and see what the correct drink was.

Plat Difficulty: 1/10

Edited by KazaneHime
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

L598da0.png

1L8dc02d.png

#85 - Detroit: Become Human

- DETROIT MASTER

Review:

This was a good game! I'd seen playthroughs before so didn't have much that wasn't already spoiled for me.
Don't have too much to say about it, overall I realized I'm not a huge fan of playing narrative choice games even if I really like the setting and story.

Edited by KazaneHime
  • Like 1