Shield Breaker and Pyromaniac

In the original ME1 and ME3, trophies involving usage of powers (biotic and technologic) were obtainable ONLY if Shepard (or any multiplayer character) casted them and not the teammates.

They say that in LE, this kind of trophies in ME1 can be obtained with the help of teammates too and you don't have to do a run as an adept and another one as an engineer. Is it the case of ME3:LE too?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

In the original ME1 and ME3, trophies involving usage of powers (biotic and technologic) were obtainable ONLY if Shepard (or any multiplayer character) casted them and not the teammates.

They say that in LE, this kind of trophies in ME1 can be obtained with the help of teammates too and you don't have to do a run as an adept and another one as an engineer. Is it the case of ME3:LE too?

More than likely.

I think I also read, or saw that you can change your class mid game now. Could have just made it up though due to the PTSD I have getting the 100% as a kid on the original.

Unfortunately, this seems to only be the case for Mass Effect 1. I repeatedly told my squad mates in ME 3 to use their powers, but the counter isn't going up. If I use James' fire ammo with that group bonus (so everybody gets fire shots) it doesn't count for the pyromaniac trophy either, even if I set someone on fire with that ammo.

If I use my own abilities everything works fine (except that I don't have any fire skill myself because I'm a sentinel and Ashley isn't alive anymore ...).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vanyar1 said:

Combined arms is working for me. I use Liara's Singularity and then use a Warp myself. That works like a charm. But the other two have to be done all by yourself which makes it grindier >.>

Just like the original ME3: the Singularity trophy can be obtained even with Liara. I guess in my ME3 run I'll be an Engineer.

18 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Just like the original ME3: the Singularity trophy can be obtained even with Liara. I guess in my ME3 run I'll be an Engineer.

Well, my game/my trophy is bugged then. I always update my games to the latest patch. No matter what I did, the counter for sky high using Liara wouldn't go up. The trophy for lifting up people couldn't be obtained with Liara (I went up to 98 myself, then repeatedly told Liara to use Singularity, but the trophy didn't pop, no matter how many times I told her). I then finished it myself and got the trophy.

Also, if I remember correctly, you had to do all those ability trophies yourself (without using the squad mates) in the original game. I played them as well and had to do those trophies myself and even the trophy guide for that game says you have to do them with Shepard.

2 hours ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

I'd make sure your game is updated to 1.02. I earned all the powers trophies and I'm on Vanguard. Garrus and Kaiden did all my Overloads.

I always update my game, I just checked it and it's 1.02. And again: My trophies must be bugged then. Using Garrus for Overload didn't work. I tried the same way I did with Liara's Singularity. I got up to 98 overloads myself and then told Garrus via the menu and afterwards via shortcut to use his ability. Result: No trophy even after using his abilty more than ten times. I then used the ability myself and tada, I got the trophy.

My counter for setting enemies on fire is still on zero even though I used Incinerate multiple times with squad mates (EDI and Nyreen on Omega) and set them on fire. I also used James' ammo with the group bonus so I get the fire ammo myself. But setting enemies on fire with that also doesn't count.

So, there seems to be something wrong with the trophies.

Edited by Vanyar1
  • Like 1

You cannot earn skyhigh by using your companion powers. However if you're for example an engineer you can get a bonus power (which is unlocked by talking to your companions). I got the sky high trophy by using the bonus power Lash (which you get by completing the omega DLC) and using it on 100 enemies.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Vanyar1 said:

Snap

My recommendation is: Try to use the location from the video/trueachievements guide with a fresh character and invest points in the skills you need the trophies from. Maybe you also need a fresh new saveset in the worst case, so make a backup of your current Legendary Edition Saves before!

But be aware: If a description says, that you have to overload shields, destroy armor or such things with the skill, then you need enemies which are shielded or have an armor bar. But in this case, searching a good farmspot >> Save >> Deploy skills >> Load savegame >> Repeat should work. "Priority: Mars" should be a mission with lots of Cerberus troops with armor.

Edited by Geridian

25 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

You cannot earn skyhigh by using your companion powers. However if you're for example an engineer you can get a bonus power (which is unlocked by talking to your companions). I got the sky high trophy by using the bonus power Lash (which you get by completing the omega DLC) and using it on 100 enemies.

Lash is my absolute favorite biotic power!

7 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

10 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

Can't you use conucssive shot for sky high?

I'm not sure, but for me. I am currently at 73/100 for Sky High and it seems the best way to do it is to use Liara's Singularity and Shepard's Lash (you get the ability for completing Omega DLC as previously mentioned). Once I started doing that Combined Arms unlocked fast and Sky High is really close now to being unlocked. 

On 5/22/2021 at 6:25 AM, Vanyar1 said:

So, there seems to be something wrong with the trophies.

Yeah. Overload and pyromaniac worked fine for me with squadmate powers. But neither using Liara's singularity or Garrus's concussive shot is registering for Sky High. I'm sitting at a fat 0/100 for it despite being all the way on Rannoch and having used both of them multiple times.

Something is definitely bugging out the trophies in some way.

Pyromaniac in ME3 is definitely bugged for me. I've tried using Vega's incendiary squad ammo and Miranda's incinerate in the Armax Arena and none of it is registering. I'm still stuck at 1/100. I didn't even know how I got the 1 kill.

I just got pyromaniac with Inferno bullets from soldier class. I think people are having issues with skills being used from squad mates. Maybe thats where the bug is. Concussive shot worked for sky high for me as well.

Edited by JNSpradlin
  • Like 1

So, maybe all out ME3 guides out there are still correct when it comes down to "Sky High":

This achievement requires the player to personally lift or knock an enemy into the air with a power, such as Singularity or Concussive Shot. Squadmate powers will not count towards this achievement, even if you order them to use the power.
As long as the enemy's feet leave the ground, it'll count towards the achievement. Powers that will work are Singularity, Pull, Throw, Lift Grenade, Concussive Shot, Biotic Charge, Carnage* and Overload*. I've been told that Slam (DLC power) will not work even though the enemy is technically lifted into the air.
*Once they are maxed out.

==> This considered, a Soldier Shep using the place I wrote about some posts above, should get Sky High with Concussive Shot?

The best way (after getting Sky High as an Adept or Soldier) is to start a second run as Engineer to be able to use Overload and Incinerate, considering we also have to upgrade a weapon to level 10 anyway. It wouldn't take long. 

Edited by FulgidoLucio

So I started a new game as an engineer and used incinerate and it started tracking. So squad member powers don't count at all for the Pyromaniac trophy. Anyone know any bonus powers that set enemies on fire besides incendiary grenades? 

5 minutes ago, KEVR117 said:

So I started a new game as an engineer and used incinerate and it started tracking. So squad member powers don't count at all for the Pyromaniac trophy. Anyone know any bonus powers that set enemies on fire besides incendiary grenades? 

Inferno ammos and Inferno grenades, but I don't know if they're included in the bonus powers. 

So for me.

Pyromaniac =  completed with squad powers. Used James and EDI. (EDI had the incinerate that hit 100)

Shield Breaker = 100% completed with squad powers. Used EDI and Kaidan. My Shep doesn't have Overload at all, so all were done with squad abilities alone.

Sky High = 0% squad powers. Just didn't work. But Lash from doing the Omega DLC works with Shepard.

It's pretty clear that there's a bug occurring. It's NOT that it's supposed to be only Shepard like it was in the original. Because, well, certain ones are working absolutely fine for certain people, while it's completely bugged for others.

For possible work arounds that don't require rerolling a new Shepard.

Sky High - do Omega, get the Lash bonus power from Aria. (Tested this and works for me.)

Pyromaniac - Give James the Rank 4 squad bonus from Incendiary Ammo and take him with, thus giving your Shepard incendiary ammo at 50% effectiveness. (I believe you have to make sure not to have another ammo active on Shepard - though I could be wrong about that.)

Pyromaniac - If you have Ashley in your squad, she'll give you the inferno grenade bonus power once you recruit her to the Normandy.

Shield Breaker - Nothing. Overload is a base/squademate ability only. Unfortunately, if it bugs out for you with EDI/Kaidan/Garrus, you'll have to roll a Shepard with it until the bug is fixed.