Just a heads-up before starting the game.

2 hours ago, johamburgers said:

The Archivist trophy which requires you to find the codex entries of all primary aliens seem to be missable. I followed a guide for the original game (where the trophy/achievement is called Scholar) and can confirm that those still work in this remaster. Fortunately, if you happen to miss it, you can get it within the first three hours of a new game. 

Thank you

Yes. This trophy unlocks in the same way with the same requirements as it was the case for the PS3's ME1 Scholar Trophy.

Just keep in mind to exhaust your conversation options at the beginning, while having the briefing with Anderson and Nihlus:

• Prothean: unlocked by choosing to investigate other topics with Anderson and Nihlus during your briefing before Eden Prime; simply ask about the Protheans. Alternatively, after becoming a Spectre, ask Anderson about Noveria once Udina leaves.

Note: The crossed out alternative may not be working!

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

This is *extremely* missable. You have to exhaust conversation options w/ Anderson before the Eden Prime mission or else you don't get the Prothean codex entry, and there's no other way to get it throughout the game, despite what the trophy guide for the PS3 version says.

Got caught out by the prothean one, have to start again!

9 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

You don't necessarily need to restart; it only takes an hour or two to get all the others, since they can all be triggered on the Citadel afterwards. You could do a fresh save on easy like I did.

I ended up restarting a separate file and made sure I got them all, only took 2 hours and now I'll go back to my old save.

• Like 1

First time playing the first Mass Effect (i've only played part of 2 before). I'm glad I got this by just exploring every inch and every path from the start. I'll be doing a second playthrough for insanity anyways, but still.

I’ve somehow missed the asari one which I’ve read is a story related, unmissable one. 

so god knows how I’ve managed that.

Does anybody know any other way of getting it or will I have to redo after completion?

Edited by damorocks1

19 hours ago, damorocks1 said:

I’ve somehow missed the asari one which I’ve read is a story related, unmissable one. 

so god knows how I’ve managed that.

Does anybody know any other way of getting it or will I have to redo after completion?

Talk to the Embasy receptionist, and go through all dialogue options she had, on the Citadel and you should get it from her. 

That's where I got it well before I triggered the cutscene where it's supposedly given.

Edited by Snake2410