Insanity from the beginning?

I am considering to start in insanity in my first run. I remember that I did it on xbox360... But I am not sure if it's a pain in the ass... Or it's not so hard. 

Which class si better? 

Same questions for the three games. What do you think? 

Thanks

Edited by DE_LOS_BOSQUES

On ME1 as long as you can make it to the Citadel without going nuts you'll be fine. You can do a bunch of non-combat stuff to get lots of early exp.

Soldier, Vanguard and Infiltrator are all pretty good on all the games. I like the concept of Vanguard, so I play those a lot. I probably have the most fun playing Infiltrator so I play those a lot too. I only ever really had fun playing Soldier in part 3.

Edited by nyarLOLhotep
  • Like 1

vanguard is my go to for insanity always. especially in ME1. 

but since insanity isnt required to platinum all 3 games, and is only on the other separate trophy list, i am going to sit back, play on casual or normal, and enjoy the hell out of this again, without stressing about insanity 

1 hour ago, Salamandxrs said:

I ve done it with the adept it was simple, i just save a lot betwin fights

Any adept build guides that you followed?  Do you know if the LE insanity is the same difficulty as the original?

48 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Damn only took you 15hrs to plat it. Never played ME1 to completion back in the day but its such a short game or were you rushing? 

The new list is much easier/quicker to plat than the original. It appears you can do it all in a single playthrough.  The original required 3 full playthroughs to complete the difficulty trophies, and you had to do most of the missions with each ally in each of those runs.  Now you can start on insanity, do minimal missions for each ally, and don't need to get to level 60.  With decreased loading times, and skipping conversations, and being familiar with the game, I can see this being done in in about 10 hours if you play on casual.

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Damn only took you 15hrs to plat it. Never played ME1 to completion back in the day but its such a short game or were you rushing? 

You could just rush to complete the plot relevant missions and ignore every assignment, but you would miss out on many things which affect some side content of ME2 and ME3. Even Conrad Verner has a special event in ME3.
I am doing a complete assignments run without any rushing involved. But I am playing on insanity with Infiltrator Femshep. It's super fun.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NathanW18 said:

This is for sure a series where you're doing yourself a disservice if you rush it. New players shouldn't rush to complete it. It's too good to be missing out on content that's not required for plat.

I know this is a trophy site, but skipping conversations and side missions is a terrible thing to do in Mass Effect.

Completely agree - especially for newcomers.

I've beaten ME2 then ME3 as they were released. Later got the trilogy on PC to experience 1 to 3, finished the whole game 100% a bunch of times.

And I'm about to start it again, from the start, normal diff, 100% everything on the way - leave insanity runs for last.

It's an amazing game and if you ever pick one to leave the trophy thoughts for later it would be this :)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Geridian said:

You could just rush to complete the plot relevant missions and ignore every assignment, but you would miss out on many things which affect some side content of ME2 and ME3. Even Conrad Verner has a special event in ME3.
I am doing a complete assignments run without any rushing involved. But I am playing on insanity with Infiltrator Femshep. It's super fun.

Thanks for clarifying. That's definitely not what I am looking to do. Really excited to play through the series again and ME1 for the first time properly

6 hours ago, OnlyCass said:

Ive noticed my shields havent even broke once, im playing with the new legendary leveling system not classic, so that might be why, but it feels like a joke, barely even a scratch, havent used any medi gel

Well you are at the beginning of the game, aren’t you (according to trophies obtained)? So it’s hard to judge. I started on insanity and Eden Prime was no problem, we will see later in game (classic levelling system is my way to go, though).

• Like 1

I’m about halfway through, default Soldier class, playing on Insanity, and am having an absolute cakewalk if I’m honest. I remember it being a lot harder back in the day and that was on a NG file. I’ve died once, but thanks to the new levelling system you have access to a ton of good perks very early which really makes it not that punishing at all. 

• Like 1

I'm about 17 hours into an ME1 insanity run. I have died a few times. Each death has been a one shot. Sniper deaths and a couple krogan headbutts. Snipers and krogan are the main threats. Be careful not to get rushed by a bunch of husks as well. It's really not bad at all, but dying can set you back a good 10/15 minutes. The checkpoint system isn't great at certain parts of the game. You can save often to bypass the issue. I'm using an Adept. Your powers are pretty strong when they've been levelled up a little. Vanguard should also be fine, because it has adept powers. Soldier is also strong. Using classes that can use heavier armour might help you survive one shots. I don't know for sure.

ME2 is the hardest insanity run of the three. I think Soldier and Sentinel are the strongest classes in this game. Soldiers can level up Adrenaline Rush. Maxed at, this perk is extremely OP. It slows down time, increases the stability of your weapons, and increases your damage. Sentinel's get Tech Armour. This can save you from death, but you can still die fast when your armour breaks. It just gives you more time to get into cover and heal. You will probably die the most in this game, but if you're struggling, there are enough guides on YouTube to help you beat whatever you're stuck at.

ME3 is pretty easy on insanity. Every class is strong. I prefer to use an Adept. When you start to level up, you barely even need to use your weapon if you don't want to. Equip low weight weapons and stay near to 200% weight as possible. Spam Pull and Throw combos. Use Warp instead of pull as your primer if the enemy has some kind of protection.

Edited by NathanW18
  • Like 2

In the original Mass Effect game, the only real problem with insanity mode was that enemies used to spam the shield defense skill. It could take ages just to whittle that down but other than that it wasn't a problem.

There was also some exploit where you start on insanity and then the moment your in the Normandy you switch to easy or something like that. 

3 hours ago, NathanW18 said:

I'm about 17 hours into an ME1 insanity run. I have died a few times. Each death has been a one shot. Sniper deaths and a couple krogan headbutts. Snipers and krogan are the main threats. Be careful not to get rushed by a bunch of husks as well. It's really not bad at all, but dying can set you back a good 10/15 minutes. The checkpoint system isn't great at certain parts of the game. You can save often to bypass the issue. I'm using an Adept. Your powers are pretty strong when they've been levelled up a little. Vanguard should also be fine, because it has adept powers. Soldier is also strong. Using classes that can use heavier armour might help you survive one shots. I don't know for sure.

Yes, 1 hit Sniper kills are the reason for the most deaths in insanity. Cover and staying mobile are the key to win. Charging Geths and Krogans are easily nullified with biotics. Waves of Husks are no problem with the use of stasis. Also Husks AoE and Thorian Creepers spit attack can be interrupted with melee attacks, Biotics when the animation is just starting and sometimes with shotgun shots against the legs. My Femshep Infiltrator with Wrex and Kaidan/Liara as squad had nearly zero problems.

ME2 is the hardest insanity run of the three. I think Soldier and Sentinel are the strongest classes in this game. Soldiers can level up Adrenaline Rush. Maxed at, this perk is extremely OP. It slows down time, increases the stability of your weapons, and increases your damage. Sentinel's get Tech Armour. This can save you from death, but you can still die fast when your armour breaks. It just gives you more time to get into cover and heal. You will probably die the most in this game, but if you're struggling, there are enough guides on YouTube to help you beat whatever you're stuck at.

Is the equipment system in ME2 still the same as it was in the original release or can every class use the same weapons? If not, then you can cheese some hard encounters with the sniper rifle. I remember that I also played Sentinel on PS3 for my insanity run, but it was very slow at the beginning and ended okay at the end.

ME3 is pretty easy on insanity. Every class is strong. I prefer to use an Adept. When you start to level up, you barely even need to use your weapon if you don't want to. Equip low weight weapons and stay near to 200% weight as possible. Spam Pull and Throw combos. Use Warp instead of pull as your primer if the enemy has some kind of protection.

ME3 is super easy on insanity, because squadmate damage is just broken. Like this link describes, use Particle Rifle and Squadmates which can use rifles.. and you win.

Edited by Geridian

Given, then is from what I remember from the original games, since I haven't done insanity with any of them in this new Legendary Edition yet. I'm pretty sure I did each game as a solider.

ME1 was pretty easy once you leveled up a bit and got good weapons/armor. It's just a lot of enemies were bullet sponges, but not really all that hard.

ME2 was probably the hardest. I think it's towards the end of the game you are on a ship (not the final mission). I remember that part being pretty dang hard.

ME3 was pretty easy, for the most part. There were some biotic enemies that were kind of annoying at times. Also the final enemy you fought was pretty annoying because you needed to shoot em in like a split second or else you died. I won't spoil anything, but it even became a meme around the net about it being a pain and the final boss. lol I wonder if they tweaked that encounter? It was pretty annoying. I remember I even looked it up online just to make sure I wasn't missing something or doing something wrong.

On 14/05/2021 at 6:40 PM, abhinandhan22 said:

I ve done mass effect trilogy so i skip the boring dialogues and took all the decisions i liked, and i did it on maximal difficulty 

On 14/05/2021 at 7:22 PM, damcrac5 said:

Any adept build guides that you followed?  Do you know if the LE insanity is the same difficulty as the original?

The new list is much easier/quicker to plat than the original. It appears you can do it all in a single playthrough.  The original required 3 full playthroughs to complete the difficulty trophies, and you had to do most of the missions with each ally in each of those runs.  Now you can start on insanity, do minimal missions for each ally, and don't need to get to level 60.  With decreased loading times, and skipping conversations, and being familiar with the game, I can see this being done in in about 10 hours if you play on casual.

I was lvl 51 and i got the platinum in a run , just after beating the last boss

• Like 1