Insanity from the beginning?

On 5/16/2021 at 4:27 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

In the original Mass Effect game, the only real problem with insanity mode was that enemies used to spam the shield defense skill. It could take ages just to whittle that down but other than that it wasn't a problem.

There was also some exploit where you start on insanity and then the moment your in the Normandy you switch to easy or something like that. 

They nerfed Insanity quite a lot in this version.  I only died a few times, and it was only on Therum which was always really difficult in ME1 because of the Geth Armature and the Krogan Battlemaster.  But still melted them both after a few tries.

13 hours ago, Zombibyte_ said:

First time playing through this series and insanity is easy if you do a good job at using your team’s skills. Lift and overload are amazing. Playing as an adept.

I played the original and am also finding it really easy as a Vanguard.  I recall the Matriarch giving me a lot of trouble in the first game, so we'll see, but so far I wouldn't believe it's insanity if I didn't set it myself.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2021 at 10:32 AM, Yokolobuna said:

Well you are at the beginning of the game, aren’t you (according to trophies obtained)? So it’s hard to judge. I started on insanity and Eden Prime was no problem, we will see later in game (classic levelling system is my way to go, though).

Still not lost shields except when i got bum rushed by two massive geth doing the geth outpost sidequest, and my mako during a thresher fight almost blew up. It aint my first rodeo with insanity but man its totally different now you can aim, and the AI doesnt have a clue what its doing. Its definitely way easier to me

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, Snake2410 said:

They nerfed Insanity quite a lot in this version.  I only died a few times, and it was only on Therum which was always really difficult in ME1 because of the Geth Armature and the Krogan Battlemaster.  But still melted them both after a few tries.

I recognise the location name and even though I beat ME1 over 15 times I'm sketchy at remembering some places. I think the only part that ever gave me trouble was when you visit the place with the exploding pods and vomit spewers.

Have they changed the trophies up so you can basically plat in a single play through now or something, some of them look to be missing. I remember all games you could get a majority done except for specific romances and such. 

Harder on the first one if I recall. Even the side quests on the citadel are a challenge, let alone the main missions. Weapons suck in the beginning. Easier on the second with some difficulty until Horizon, at least with soldier and his special ability. A cake walk on the third with importing..

Edited by DarthBleidd

I'm playing Insanity right off the bat. About 35 hours in with my FemShep and it's actually not that bad. Though it would be awesome if there wasn't the bug with Spectre weapons not appearing for some :( currently at Level 50 and I can't get the Spectre X weapons to show up at all! Other then that it's great fun ?. Nowhere near the level of Insanity of Mass Effect 2!

I started my first ME1 playthrough on insanity. I just saw, that the difficulty changed to normal. I'm absolutely sure that I didn't change it. I'm glad that I'm saving very often. But now I've lost 5 hours of progress... has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by flo82stgt

10 hours ago, Frui7yPebble86 said:

Snip

I believe that the appearing of the spectre weapons is bugged because the rich achievement is excluded from the game. Normally the rich achievement triggers the requisition officer at the Normandy to show you spectre gear available for buying. 

The only time i saw spectre gear available from the c-sec seller was when I began exploring the Citadel. When I departed the first time and even every other time I looked for spectre gear and visited the c-sec seller, it was never listed again. After Virmire I was finally abel to buy spectre gear from the Normandy requisition officer and the c-sec seller.

15 hours ago, Frui7yPebble86 said:

I'm playing Insanity right off the bat. About 35 hours in with my FemShep and it's actually not that bad. Though it would be awesome if there wasn't the bug with Spectre weapons not appearing for some :( currently at Level 50 and I can't get the Spectre X weapons to show up at all! Other then that it's great fun 1f44c.png. Nowhere near the level of Insanity of Mass Effect 2!

4 hours ago, Geridian said:

I believe that the appearing of the spectre weapons is bugged because the rich achievement is excluded from the game. Normally the rich achievement triggers the requisition officer at the Normandy to show you spectre gear available for buying. 

The only time i saw spectre gear available from the c-sec seller was when I began exploring the Citadel. When I departed the first time and even every other time I looked for spectre gear and visited the c-sec seller, it was never listed again. After Virmire I was finally abel to buy spectre gear from the Normandy requisition officer and the c-sec seller.

Once you hit 1 million credits the X versions appear.  But if they bug out and disappear then the fix is to either load a save from right before you become a spectre and go through the cutscene for that, or speed run a new character on the same profile up to that point.  The spectre gear should return to the shops on your main save at that point.  Keep either of those saves though, because that gear will disappear again until you run the fix.  Broward hopefully will patch it quick otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

Snip

Did nothing like that and where able to buy spectre gear after Virmire on the Citadel and C-Sec. Also I got 1 million credits even one day before I played the Virmire mission.

I think that constant restarting of the game (Complete restart, not only "Leave to the launcher") when you get your first 1 million credits plays a part here.

The lists of goods are not changed with reloading of your save. I even tried going back to Normandy and went back to the Citadel after that, the list was not changed. 

So, I think that with a complete restart of the whole game the game tries to fix itself and does this one time, but not a second time without a complete restart.

16 hours ago, Geridian said:

Did nothing like that and where able to buy spectre gear after Virmire on the Citadel and C-Sec. Also I got 1 million credits even one day before I played the Virmire mission.

I think that constant restarting of the game (Complete restart, not only "Leave to the launcher") when you get your first 1 million credits plays a part here.

The lists of goods are not changed with reloading of your save. I even tried going back to Normandy and went back to the Citadel after that, the list was not changed. 

So, I think that with a complete restart of the whole game the game tries to fix itself and does this one time, but not a second time without a complete restart.

I haven't had time to play since Sunday due to a very heavy work week and haven't got to Virmire yet so I can't verify anything myself. 

I just have read in many places that loading an old save from right before the spectre cutscene (or even speed running a new character up through that scene) on the citadel and completing that cutscene then immediately loading tour current save makes them reappear in the two shops if they disappear.

I am playing insanity for the first time on any Mass Effect game and I am not having much trouble with it. A few deaths here and there but there hasn't really been any one spot that has frustrated me. I am playing as a vanguard and I have used lots of mixed teams so that I can get the trophies. I don't think it's too bad for ME 1 at least. 

First game I played was ME2 back in the day, and I picked the easy to understand Soldier class for my paragon playthrough and found it to be incredibly boring. 2nd playthrough was renegade femsphep space wizard (adept) and I found that much more enjoyable. Then when ME1 was released years later I played that next and picked engineer for the first run to get all the tech trophies out of the way, and it was ok, a little more engaging than soldier. Then back to the adept for the 2nd playthrough.

On 21/05/2021 at 7:01 AM, Snake2410 said:

I haven't had time to play since Sunday due to a very heavy work week and haven't got to Virmire yet so I can't verify anything myself. 

I just have read in many places that loading an old save from right before the spectre cutscene (or even speed running a new character up through that scene) on the citadel and completing that cutscene then immediately loading tour current save makes them reappear in the two shops if they disappear.

Can confirm that after completing Virmire the Spectre X weapons appeared at both C-Sec and Normandy Requisition officers ?

14 hours ago, SpikeToW said:

Snap

Did not encounter this issue during my ME1 insanity run with Fem Shep Infiltrator, Kaidan and Wrex. Used all kinds of skills on Saren, no issues.

Maybe it has something to do with the last patch? I am also playing on PS5. And also i remember that the PS3´s ME1 also liked to hang up a lot during the Saren fight when you used ANY KIND OF SKILLS. >> So, maybe they are patching in old problems for the authentic experience? :D

Playing ME1 on insanity is honestly not that bad. I guess that could be because I was playing new game+. Anyway I doubt it would be any harder than ME2 on insanity but that isn't saying much. Personally I just did the difficulty glitch this time around.