Favor Quality vs Framerate

Playing this on base ps4 (not slim, not pro). Has anyone playing on base ps4 notice a significant difference in framerate or quality of visuals by picking either option. 

They both say 1080p, at 30 and 60 fps respecitvely, however, will the visuals drop to a more native say 900p or even 720p to double the fps?

EDIT: obviously my go to is always framerate over quality, but if it isn't that noticeable going to quality for better visuals, I may consider that.

Edited by UpTheIrons_87

1 hour ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

EDIT: obviously my go to is always framerate over quality, but if it isn't that noticeable going to quality for better visuals, I may consider that.

A lot of this is personal preference.  Try switching between the two settings and see which you prefer.

I know a lot of people that say they can't see the difference between 30 and 60 fps.  Those that can, almost always seem to pick the frame rate over quality.   I'm a framerate guy.  Wish I could be happy about 30fps, but I pay my PC games at 144hz, so 30 is a bit harsh from me.  Again, just my preference.