PSA: Game is still unstable!!!

that_dude_cam_ps

Just FYI for anyone thinking of playing this game in its current state.

As of writing, the game is still too unstable to be acceptable for a PS5 exclusive that has NO autosave feature! Of around 15 runs, 1 run froze the game and then froze the console when I tried to close it, while another run (my farthest to date) was just obliterated when returning from rest mode after eating dinner (45 min later), because the PS5 just kept blinking white, which has NEVER happened. Fuck this. It would be an amazing game, if only it wasn’t frustratingly unstable and unreliable.

Just be aware that when going for the plat, you will be more frustrated by crashes than deaths!!!

EDIT: I was just listening to the latest IGN Game Scoop and Daemon literally described this issue I’m having with rest mode due to Returnal. So yeah, not just me!

Edited by that_dude_cam_ps
Additional context

8 minutes ago, TrophyClipsYT said:

It it's doing things when not playing the game then that's an issue with your PS5 and not the game.

I have had 1 crash in about 50 runs, not bad at all.

I just edited that out since otherwise that’s all people are gonna say. But it’s not the PS5 it’s never had any problems until the last couple days, since the game has been running every day. And now after I unplugged the PS5 and restarted it, the save file was apparently corrupted. Yet somehow, it still worked BUT it says I’ve only died 10 times which isn’t accurate. Sooo yeah. Besides the developers and Sony have acknowledge that it crashes too often and rest mode isn’t reliable. So you’re just reaaaally lucky in that case. Or your runs are too short lol

53 minutes ago, ViperIsOP said:

I've played the game unpatched.  it's very YMMV with being unstable. Only 1 crash in 60+ hours.

Well I’m just warning people that I can confirm what many outlets and Housemarque and Sony have already acknowledged: it can and will crash und kill your 1 hour run.

I had one crash in 65 hours or so, but trophies are unfortunately still bugged.  My brother started a fresh playthrough today and had a boss trophy and the Act 1 trophy not pop for him.

I just finally completed the plat after deleting my save for a fresh playthrough for sins of our mother.  Pretty discouraging, because I thought they fixed the trophies.

• Like 1

I had one crash, and that's when the whole update was reverted, I was still playing and kept getting the errors that the save was corrupted. Finally after like an hour the game crashed, started it back up after redownloading without the update and it was fine, plus my save was perfectly fine all the progress I made was still there.

The only thing that has happened more than once is trying to open the first door at it just never does, which can be annoying.

9 hours ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

Well I’m just warning people that I can confirm what many outlets and Housemarque and Sony have already acknowledged: it can and will crash und kill your 1 hour run.

Yep.

Just happened to me after only 3 hours. Luckily I'm still learning how this game works so no real loss but hopefully that will be the one and only crash.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

Just FYI for anyone thinking of playing this game in its current state.

As of writing, the game is still too unstable to be acceptable for a PS5 exclusive that has NO autosave feature! Of around 15 runs, 1 run froze the game and then froze the console when I tried to close it, while another run (my farthest to date) was just obliterated when returning from rest mode after eating dinner (45 min later), because the PS5 just kept blinking white, which has NEVER happened. Fuck this. It would be an amazing game, if only it wasn’t frustratingly unstable and unreliable.

Just be aware that when going for the plat, you will be more frustrated by crashes than deaths!!!

EDIT: I was just listening to the latest IGN Game Scoop and Daemon literally described this issue I’m having with rest mode due to Returnal. So yeah, not just me!

Back when Miles Morales was launched I had crashes but resetting my PS5 resolved the issues. Just power it off and unplug the console for a minute. It doesn't erase anything, just purges the system memory. That could help if you haven't tried it.

3 hours ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

Back when Miles Morales was launched I had crashes but resetting my PS5 resolved the issues. Just power it off and unplug the console for a minute. It doesn't erase anything, just purges the system memory. That could help if you haven't tried it.

Yeah I did that and reinstalled the game. My save file was corrupted so I lost like 2 hours. But now it seems fine so far. I was actually able to do a 5 hour run burning through the second and third boss back to back without crashes or dying. So fingers crossed it’s stable now.