PSA: Mass Efffect 1 Insanity cheese still works. (spoilers)

And here I thought you were gonna say Adept with Liara singularity/Lift shenanigans. Doing something like that is so unrewarding. Insanity is easy enough as is. Especially if you understand just how broken Singularity and Lift are. Specifically Liara.

• Like 4

On 5/14/2021 at 11:29 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

If you want to test something out, see if all the Insanity trophies pop if you beat the game 3 times. I doubt it, but the planet trophy is set up this way so I'd be curious if it applies here as well. 

If nobody else does it, I'll test it when I beat ME1 this weekend, maybe by tomorrow depending on how many side missions I wanna do. It has already been confirmed that the triple paramour trophy can be cheesed (at least on Xbox, since nobody has it on PS yet) so it would be great to skip the stress that was ME2 and ME3 Insanity. 

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comment
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

If nobody else does it, I'll test it when I beat ME1 this weekend, maybe by tomorrow depending on how many side missions I wanna do. It has already been confirmed that the triple paramour trophy can be cheesed (at least on Xbox, since nobody has it on PS yet) so it would be great to skip the stress that was ME2 and ME3 Insanity. 

I can confirm I just did this and got all 3 insanity achievements on the xbox.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Wait, so you can use this reload trick for 1, 2 and 3 and get Insanity for all 3 games? This would save dozens of hours...

Yes, currently works on Xbox for the Paragon and Insanity achievements. Doesn't look like anyone has tested on PS4 yet though, fingers crossed!

Has anyone gotten the Long Service Medal after cheesing the Paramour and Insanity achievements? I realize this is a PSN forum but it seems very few people are taking about the issue with this being the only method to unlock the 2 and 3 versions of these achievements on Xbox since they are currently bugged and can't be earned the legitimate way.

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: Just realised this was the wrong thread, my bad!

I have a question, could you complete a normal run on all three games, get the plat on them all, then come back to the first game to do this cheese to pop all insanity trophies?

Edited by Lil-Kiki-Vert

14 minutes ago, Lil-Kiki-Vert said:

EDIT: Just realised this was the wrong thread, my bad!

I have a question, could you complete a normal run on all three games, get the plat on them all, then come back to the first game to do this cheese to pop all insanity trophies?

If you have a hard copy, have a save from right before the final saren fight on the citadel(the one where u gotta rump down and fight him as a weird skinny wall crawler) then yes you can look in these forums to see how to manipulate the save to make it think it's an insanity save then do the insanity cheese(also on these forums) thing is u need the hard copy to play without the patch

also my personal recommendation give everyone the strongest shotgun possible, give each the highest grade explosion rounds, then put the parts in that lower overheating like put all of the slots as that on all 3 shotguns for everyone. Then u just gotta kill his sheild not too hard then you can popcorn his ass (u stun the fuck out of him so he goes limp and u just bounce him around the room taking out big life chunks (still be careful for the sniper geth) and definitely use the shield ability if you have it on your Shep do your basically invulnerable to most stuff for a short time (keep this active usually it'll be ready to go again when it wears off

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, XynoTyflosion said:

Not sure about 2, but 3's insanity is a joke with a build like novaguard.

dont forget to equip the cerberus harrier and that supressed pistol you in the citidale DLC. mod them right and you can overpenetrate enemies

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I can confirm. Using the trophy guide's method I was able to get Paramour 2&3 and Insanity 2&3 from just repeating my ME1 romance and the final boss fight on ME1 insanity twice each. This was on a physical version where I'd followed the instructions to delete the game, reinstall with no updates, delete launcher profiles etc etc. So to get this 100% you only really have to do Paramour 1 and Insanity 1. 

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, TheFamilyRuin said:

Hey, I'm new to the ME series. Where is it that we need to make our save? OP says "after you reach Saren the first time in the Citidel, before you go down to the final fight.", but doesn't the final fight take place on Ilos?

Thanks in advance

No, once you finish the chase in the Mako on Ilos you'll be transported back to the citadel where you need to fight a bunch of geth while making your way to the tower. Once at the tower you'll face off with Saren, he'll be on his hoverboard. Once you defeat him then you'll want to make a save. Before you access the console and jump down to where Saren's body is. He'll get revived by the reapers and that's the final boss fight. Also there was another thread which detailed on how to get all 3 insanity achievements using this glitch, so you might want to check that one out too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

No, once you finish the chase in the Mako on Ilos you'll be transported back to the citadel where you need to fight a bunch of geth while making your way to the tower. Once at the tower you'll face off with Saren, he'll be on his hoverboard. Once you defeat him then you'll want to make a save. Before you access the console and jump down to where Saren's body is. He'll get revived by the reapers and that's the final boss fight. Also there was another thread which detailed on how to get all 3 insanity achievements using this glitch, so you might want to check that one out too.

Perfect, Thanks bro. Really appreciate it. Yeah, I'm using that thread too, it's what led me here! haha