The infamous 'Explorer' trophy takes roughly 28 hours (with the use of freefalling glitch)

sensei_pl

I got the trophy after 28:04:32 real time and would like to give some feedback.

As soon as I left the prison, the very first thing I did was take a car and drive to the shop window. It took some time, but eventually I managed to drive through the window and let my PS3 do the magic. The car was falling into oblivion for almost two days. That is because even though R2 and one of the buttons were held down, the game still paused from time to time. The Millionaire trophy popped along the way, after give or take 4 hours.

I did not save at all, was logged into PSN all the time and the console did not freeze. Well, I guess I was lucky.

Now is the time to breeze through the rest of the DLC trophies.

ME90UH_t.jpg

13 minutes ago, sensei_pl said:

I got the trophy after 28:04:32 real time and would like to give some feedback.

As soon as I left the prison, the very first thing I did was take a car and drive to the shop window. It took some time, but eventually I managed to drive through the window and let my PS3 do the magic. The car was falling into oblivion for almost two days. That is because even though R2 and one of the buttons were held down, the game still paused from time to time. The Millionaire trophy popped along the way, after give or take 4 hours.

I did not save at all, was logged into PSN all the time and the console did not freeze. Well, I guess I was lucky.

Now is the time to breeze through the rest of the DLC trophies.

ME90UH_t.jpg

I ended up driving loops around the bridge, which still took around 12 - 15+ hours but it was faster. The problem with the freefall glitch was my car wasn't going at full speed, which made a huge difference in how many miles I got per hour.

Awful trophy.

• Like 3

I've driven 750 miles while watching tv...can you save progress with the glitch?

Edit: Answered my own question, load last checkpoint does keep mileage. I might finish the last 200 using this while playing something else lol

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

• 1 month later...

Ive tried a few different cars but wont clear the little wall in the shop window. Does it matter if its day or night ? What am i missing ?

Sorted.........you cant take a run up for increased speed........you need to bounce gently over the kerb.

Edited by ELVIN_THE_LION

• 1 year later...

Smarter to actually play through the DLC first as you'll get 100 or so miles naturally just playing it and that'll save you probably like 3-4 hours of grinding. 

I'll do the glitch to get the Millionaire trophy as that'll pop in a more reasonable time. I'm not leaving the game on for 2 days to get the Explorer trophy, that's stupid. I'll just grind that out naturally as it's pretty significantly faster I'd imagine albeit, mind-numbingly boring driving back and forth over the bridge for 15 hours. Oh joy.

This is one of those trophies that makes me question why I do this to myself and are these meaningless trophies even worth it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Does this work on the PS4 version?

Yes both the bridge lapping and the falling glitch still work but I'd suggest watching your milage periodically because I've heard if it hit the trophy unlock point while your falling there's a chance it won't unlock and you'd have to start over best suggestion is fall till your within a few miles of your mark then exit the glitch and finish up on the roads to make sure

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yes both the bridge lapping and the falling glitch still work but I'd suggest watching your milage periodically because I've heard if it hit the trophy unlock point while your falling there's a chance it won't unlock and you'd have to start over best suggestion is fall till your within a few miles of your mark then exit the glitch and finish up on the roads to make sure

Thanks for the heads up. :)

2 hours ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Thanks for the heads up. :)

No problem the falling bit can be boring but I feel like back and forth on the bridge might be worse on one u can take a nap get  food use the bathroom make a baby ect and it's still racking up the miles the bridge needs u there nonstop the whole time controlling it 

On 8/13/2022 at 1:41 PM, mega-tallica said:

Shame you can't just leave it falling and forget about it for a day, the stupid game pauses about every 100k points so you have to keep checking back every 15-20 minutes or so to make sure it's still going. 

Shitty trophy to cap off a shitty DLC. 

Having a turbo controller, you can just map the turbo to O so it can avoid opening up the menu.

• Like 2

Funny, I actually got the trophy the old fashion way ... I plotted out a large loop around the entire map and just turned on the radio and drove.  Took me several weeks to get the trophy performing multiple loops each session. I tried the falling technique when playing the PS3 version years ago and always had issues with the process.  I do agree ... it is a terrible trophy for a DLC!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I’ve done this game twice. Once on PC and once on PS3. It only takes a few hours to drive yourself. Why would you leave a system on for that length of time to do something you can do yourself relatively quick 

One is shorter, but can get tiresome to drive around. The other is longer, but you can leave it going while you do other things. I usually left it on whenever I was on PS4.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, RedDevil757 said:

I’ve done this game twice. Once on PC and once on PS3. It only takes a few hours to drive yourself. Why would you leave a system on for that length of time to do something you can do yourself relatively quick 

A little more than 'a few'. It took me about 8-9 hours of looping back and forth across the Grand Upper Bridge with a fully upgraded fast car to get 1000 miles. This is the fastest way to grind it out as the bridge is just a straight line and you can get well above 140MPH by the end and then just turn around and go back the other way and do that over and over. There's also a gas station and repair shop nearby when you need it which is convenient. 

I just put on a good podcast to listen to and went for about an hour at a time in which I'd clock in about 100 miles per session. Took me a week to get it because I also have a life to attend to. Definitely beats 25+ hours it'd take using the falling glitch and overheating/damaging your PS3 in the process. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 22-8-2022 at 3:20 PM, mega-tallica said:

A little more than 'a few'. It took me about 8-9 hours of looping back and forth across the Grand Upper Bridge with a fully upgraded fast car to get 1000 miles. This is the fastest way to grind it out as the bridge is just a straight line and you can get well above 140MPH by the end and then just turn around and go back the other way and do that over and over. There's also a gas station and repair shop nearby when you need it which is convenient. 

I just put on a good podcast to listen to and went for about an hour at a time in which I'd clock in about 100 miles per session. Took me a week to get it because I also have a life to attend to. Definitely beats 25+ hours it'd take using the falling glitch and overheating/damaging your PS3 in the process. 

Which car did you use? 
photomac elysium?