Team balancing is awful

RNumbers

Fun game BUT...

A level 500-something and a level 700+ vs. me (~50) and a  level 1 as the default matchup? This is just one example, but not that unusual.

What could this possibly be based on?

Edit: Realized it's possible the two high level players were grouped up. So hard to say how awful the balancing really is.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Game is fun just for 1-2 hours and after it’s just infinite grind

Yeah, thinking about setting up a session for the kills/streaks/wins.

Would be easy with some extra consoles to be the losing team. I have up to 2 (second ps4 and ps5).

Edited by RNumbers

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

Well as you might have guessed it's pretty simple - there's no team balancing. Something I started doing somewhere past 70 wins is to simply leave if I have even one low-level player on my team. You will quickly find that AI bots are simply better than new players.

There are no penalties for leaving a lobby - and if you don't find any players (in case you are playing off-peak hours), you just get to play with and against bots. As you might imagine an empty lobby full of bots results in lightning-fast matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Well as you might have guessed it's pretty simple - there's no team balancing. Something I started doing somewhere past 70 wins is to simply leave if I have even one low-level player on my team. You will quickly find that AI bots are simply better than new players.

There are no penalties for leaving a lobby - and if you don't find any players (in case you are playing off-peak hours), you just get to play with and against bots. As you might imagine an empty lobby full of bots results in lightning-fast matches.

Yeah, I've basically been doing this. I'm actually decent at the game, but I can't offset a level 1 who does nothing or compete with a level 1000 vet who's been playing for a long time.

Really hope the game persists past June 1 as I think I'll need more time for the streaks. 6 in a row is ridiculous for a support main like me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

6 in a row is ridiculous for a support main like me.

I can respect that - but you might be putting yourself through a hardcore mode by playing supports. The two chonky ones with persistent laser beams are somewhat decent - but they are still no match for something like Sniper Prince that outperforms them 9/10 times.

Your choice, of course, but I'd recommend swapping to full DMG (even for both slots).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydoki said:

I can respect that - but you might be putting yourself through a hardcore mode by playing supports. The two chonky ones with persistent laser beams are somewhat decent - but they are still no match for something like Sniper Prince that outperforms them 9/10 times.

Your choice, of course, but I'd recommend swapping to full DMG (even for both slots).

Yeah, it's no good for kills. But I've gotten pretty used to playing Angel and I can win (and MVP) most of the time. Will look into switching after I finish farming wins. Thanks for the tips

Edited by RNumbers

5 hours ago, RNumbers said:

There's a reason for that: You're just too late. Free to Play Games are always played as soon as possible after the release, if there are still players years later and you can be happy to start matches. And this game is very old, 2 years I guess. As a trophy hunter you shouldn't be lazy, multiplayer games are always played on release, especially free to play games.

The game was very fun to play at Release and I was always the Best in my Team. But now i would just be a Noob.

Later on, the players are all experienced and only the Pros play. I say that as an F2P Games expert.

This statement only applies to PvP games. With PvE Free to Play Games it can be helpful to only join later. Like Trove, I saw you play that Game already. This game is much easier to platinum nowadays, In my day it took 50 to 100 hours just to get the PvP trophy

Edited by Sikutai

20 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

There's a reason for that: You're just too late. Free to Play Games are always played as soon as possible after the release, if there are still players years later and you can be happy to start matches. And this game is very old, 2 years I guess. As a trophy hunter you shouldn't be lazy, multiplayer games are always played on release, especially free to play games.

Nah, you've missed my point completely.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, it's no good for kills. But I've gotten pretty used to playing Angel and I can win (and MVP) most of the time. Will look into switching after I finish farming wins. Thanks for the tips

If you’re going to play support, I would recommend using Tiny Giant instead of Angel, the guys I play with actually make fun of the Angel for being a bad vehicle. I personally use the Artillery class. All of the Artillery vehicles are good, but Berserker is the best in my opinion, followed by Sniper Prince. 

I also noticed that you wanted to set up a session for killstreaks and wins. I can add you to a psn chat if you would like. We play everyday and by working together, we all manage to get atleast a killstreak each game and almost always a win.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 2:42 AM, Sikutai said:

I don't think so. And now give me a Like for my time and hard work that I did for you.

Why would he be obligated to do that? As he said, regardless of how much you wrote you didn't really get the point of what he said...

• Like 1