Oceanic Data Center & Servers to be added around 6.1!

PostGameBlues

Australian and New Zealand players, rejoice!

IcwFKuT.jpg

We have been petitioning for this to happen since 2.0 in A Real Reborn. Finally no more trash ping! I can finally play physical ranged DPS and NIN with minimal to really low ping. MCH/NIN in particular feel awful to play if you're from Australia/NZ playing on NA or even Japan. I'm really glad about the decisions SE has made for this game recently. First, they added trophy support for the PS5 version, now they're doing this. It's like my wishes for this game came true lol.

My number one worry right now is my mansion plot and whether or not I have to relinquish it before transferring. If I remember correctly, if you wanted to transfer to an existing server you'd have to give up your housing plot. But if you're transferring to a NEW server, they make an exception and you are allowed to transfer your housing plot over, which makes sense since it creates an incentive to populate new servers with players. I'm also definitely gonna be sad I'd have to leave in-game friends I've already made in NA but I want to finally play this game the way it's meant to be played and experienced lol.

Any Aussie/NZ players in here? What are your thoughts about this addition? Are you transferring immediately like I am or are you staying wherever server you are because of friends and your free company?

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 6:26 AM, PostGameBlues said:

My number one worry right now is my mansion plot and whether or not I have to relinquish it before transferring. If I remember correctly, if you wanted to transfer to an existing server you'd have to give up your housing plot. But if you're transferring to a NEW server, they make an exception and you are allowed to transfer your housing plot over, which makes sense since it creates an incentive to populate new servers with players. I'm also definitely gonna be sad I'd have to leave in-game friends I've already made in NA but I want to finally play this game the way it's meant to be played and experienced lol.

I really hope this is true for you, but I wonder if that would work. If your plot is still available, it could have some kind of system you can reserve it for your house. But if someone happens to transfer with the same exact plot (unlikely but could happen), then there's be a problem. They do have a few months still to figure it out so lets hope they come up with a nice solution!

As for leaving friends.. the great thing is that the 6.0 also brings data center travel which means you can still play with your friends on your old server if you wanted to!

• Like 1

I don't think they'll allow you to transfer your house, but I could be wrong.

As for transferring, I don't think I will due to the fact I'll have to leave behind my house, friends and free company in order to do so. 

On top of this, there are enough tools to mitigate high ping if you're playing on PC, which allows me to play optimally enough.

Now what I am interested in is the Cross-DC travel. I wonder if it will allow me to play on the Oceanic server while allowing me to keep my character on NA, and how ping will be affected. Since they already said you can form up and do duties together, if it works cross-region, there will be very little point in transferring for any existing players IMO.