Erica Companion App not compatible with PS5

sonata-allegro

I just wanted to post a warning to anyone interested in playing this game on PS5 that the Erica Companion App is not compatible.  Apparently, it only wants to look for PS4s either over Wi-fi or via hotspot that the app lets you setup.  The iOS version let me get so far as setting up a PS5 hotspot but there was no connection to the game.  I did not test the Android version on my phone, so try that out, but I strongly doubt it would work there either. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

This is the same for virtually every other PS4 Companion App AFAIK, because the PS5 doesn't support them.

Good to know. I decided to make the post since the general expectation would be that everything would work on PS5 except that list of 10 or so games that don’t work.  I just now thought to check the store page and it doesn’t say anything about the companion app not working.  Just that general warning on PS4 games that some features may be absent when playing on PS5.

1 hour ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

Honestly, the companion app was kind of terrible in my opinion. I tried out using the touchpad and using the app, and using the touchpad was far better in my opinion. I don't think you're losing anything skipping the companion app.

Yeah I read posts like this from others.  I speculate that it’s a very YMMV situation.  Maybe it depends on the distance between your phone/tablet, the router, and the console, but I have no clue.  Again, pure speculation.  For me, I felt like if I was going to be using my DS4 touchpad anyways (I’m avoiding using the DualSense for PS4 games) I might as well experiment with the companion app.  My first playthrough went great using my iPad.  Only weirdness was having to swipe across the screen multiple times to complete what I thought should have been one motion (turning knobs, pencil motions etc etc).  I did lose connection a few times during the 2nd and 3rd playthrough I think it was, but that was it.  Maybe I got lucky, who knows?