I have two different Dual Sense Controller.

Sikutai

Hello, I bought a PS 5 in February and the included Dual Sense drifted so badly after just 3 months that I had to buy a new one. The new one is not identical to the old Dual Sense. With the old one I could push both sticks in but also pull them out (i.e. 0 / -1 / + 1) Zero is the normal position. I can only push the new one in (0 / -1) I hope the new one doesn't start drifting so quickly anymore. So, as with the console, there seem to be different models.

What kind of dual sense do you have?

Edited by Sikutai

14 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Hello, I bought a PS 5 in February and the included Dual Sense drifted so badly after just 3 months that I had to buy a new one. The new one is not identical to the old Dual Sense. With the old one I could push both sticks in but also pull them out (i.e. 0 / -1 / + 1) Zero is the normal position. I can only push the new one in (0 / -1) I hope the new one doesn't start drifting so quickly anymore. So, as with the console, there seem to be different models.

What kind of dual sense do you have?

Send it in for warranty replacement, you have up to a year from the purchase date

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Send it in for warranty replacement, you have up to a year from the purchase date

I agree on this one, my Dual Sense R2 button got loose after few games then they changed it right away. 

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I don't wanna do that. I can't manage this online, I have to talk with real people on the phone. It's to complicated for me.

But I think it's just interesting that SONY has apparently changed the design of the sticks to solve the drift problem. Or there were different versions from the beginning. The product number on the back of both Dual Sense is identical, but the design of the sticks is still not.

Edited by Sikutai

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I don't wanna do that. I can't manage this online, I have to talk with real people on the phone. It's to complicated for me.

But I think it's just interesting that SONY has apparently changed the design of the sticks to solve the drift problem. Or there were different versions from the beginning. The product number on the back of both Dual Sense is identical, but the design of the sticks is still not.

How is that too complicated? All you have to do is contact their live chat on your regions website. The only thing they'll need is info about why it's not working, and when you purchased it. After that they'll send you a box with a pre-paid shipping label to send the controller in

26 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

How is that too complicated? All you have to do is contact their live chat on your regions website. The only thing they'll need is info about why it's not working, and when you purchased it. After that they'll send you a box with a pre-paid shipping label to send the controller in

Here in Germany/Europe there is no Live Chat. You have to call them on the phone.

And here in Germany you won't get a package sent. You have to organize the shipping yourself, but you do not pay postage. So you stick something that Sony sends you by email onto a self-organized (purchased) box and take it to the post office. To print out the sticker you need a printer, which I don't have.

Edited by Sikutai

2 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Here in Germany/Europe there is no Live Chat. You have to call them on the phone.

What's the problem with calling? If you have reasons you can't, have a friend or family member do it for you. There's no reason to not take advantage of a warranty you're entitled to

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

What's the problem with calling? If you have reasons you can't, have a friend or family member do it for you. There's no reason to not take advantage of a warranty you're entitled to

I would ask you to keep on topic. This is about dual sense controllers that are not structurally identical, not about warranty cases or the like.

I've had one since release and I've never been able to pull the sticks out like the previous gens.

Either yours was faulty from the start or you damaged it by continuously trying to pull them up which in turn allowed more dust and whatever else to get in eventually causing the stick drift. But I dont think there are newer models or builds.

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Your post was about drifting controllers, so it was on topic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No it was not. It was about my discovery that Sony apparently makes two different Dual Sense models and one of them is prone to drifting and the other is not. I'm on the trail of a big thing that no one seems to have discovered before me.

5 hours ago, Silocia said:

I've had one since release and I've never been able to pull the sticks out like the previous gens.

Either yours was faulty from the start or you damaged it by continuously trying to pull them up which in turn allowed more dust and whatever else to get in eventually causing the stick drift. But I dont think there are newer models or builds.

Reading doesn't seem to be your forte because I've already written that I wasn't pulling anything before the drifting started. The left stick can be pulled out in the same way, although I only tried it once. But it's interesting that you can't pull yours out like the PS 4 controller. It works with my first PS 5 Dual Sense. You've probably just bought yours? The new Dual Sense model with less susceptibility to drift has definitely not been on the market for long.

Edited by Sikutai

8 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Seems like an obvious question, but do your two controllers have different model numbers? That would be a really easy way to tell that there’s truly been a second iteration, as opposed to just quirks in the manufacturing process

As I said, both Dual Sense have the same model number but different sticks. So maybe Sony is trying to keep something a secret. Since I don't want to mess it up with Sony, I have now decided not to research any further. I also prefer not to write anything more in this thread. I'd rather not mess with a large corporation.

8 minutes ago, Silocia said:

hmm I sincerely hope you don't get any answers revolving your question as you've done nothing but be rude to people trying to answer them.

Heres to the hopes you get more drift issues in the future.

You only came to my thread to insult me. You were rude from the beginning and said it was my fault. I guess you are a Sony Employee. If you have nothing to say on my subject, I ask you to stay outside my Thread. Thanks.

Edited by Sikutai

@Sikutai I don't have a PS5, but I have noticed the same exact thing on my DS4 controllers. I have lost 4 DS4s to thumbstick drift. And I've noticed that it's not possible to lift the thumbsticks only in the last one I bought.

It probably has something to do with the make of the parts being different.

It has also been said that different PS5 units have different internal fans. It's probably a matter of there being more that one manufacturer for those parts.

Just wanna add I don't think you were rude at all. I do see some smartasses trying to sidestep the thread's topic though. They are either too sensitive or have some pre-existing gripe with you.

Your like counter is looking pretty L33T?

• Like 1

I've had the PS5 since launch.  No issues with either of my two controllers.  There aren't different model numbers yet.  Perhaps you got newer version of the same model because there have been drift issue in controllers in recent generations of systems.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

@Sikutai I don't have a PS5, but I have noticed the same exact thing on my DS4 controllers. I have lost 4 DS4s to thumbstick drift. And I've noticed that it's not possible to lift the thumbsticks only in the last one I bought.

It probably has something to do with the make of the parts being different.

It has also been said that different PS5 units have different internal fans. It's probably a matter of there being more that one manufacturer for those parts.

Just wanna add I don't think you were rude at all. I do see some smartasses trying to sidestep the thread's topic though. They are either too sensitive or have some pre-existing gripe with you.

Your like counter is looking pretty L33T1f44d.png

Thanks for the answer. So it was apparently already the case with the PS 4 controllers. Except that I never had any problems with one of my four Playstation 4 controllers. Well, I'll see if the new one starts drifting that fast too. I watched a couple of You Tube videos today and may well take apart my drifting dual sense. Maybe I will find a way to eliminate drifting so that I would no longer have to rely on others in the future if I have technical problems again.

And that Threads are boarded with posts that have nothing to do with the topic is also not new to me. It gets more toxic here every year. Some only write to collect Likes by insulting other members. These are usually also the ones with the most Likes, who boost each other into the Status Updates for posts without meaning with Likes. As an example: "Hello." (15 Likes). The ones with the most Likes usually have the worst character here, so I don't look at the number of Likes to assess someone.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

depending where you buy it, some stores have warranty as well (and i checked, it doesnt void sony warranty), so for my country, its $10. Anything wrong with it, take it to store. They give me a new controller.

i have no drift. BUT 1 controller i barely need to push up and itll move in that direction. but neutral its still fine. Wish ps5 had a deadzone thing in settings instead of certain games.

However i have 3 white DualSense,  and ordered a red and black one so i will soon have 5... these issues won't last. PS4 at launch had diff sticks, too much wear and tear rubbed it away iirc. Now it's fine. 

• Like 1