Pro Tip for Mercs on PS5: Adaptive Triggers = Off

estumas

Honestly, this is a massive oversight by Capcom for this mode, but basically, if you leave your adaptive triggers on while playing the mode on PS5 you will be probably half as fast as you can be with the setting off.

The rate of fire upgrade you get from the Duke becomes null because with it on the controller physically doesn't allow a more rapid press of the R2 firing trigger. Switch it off in the options menu and you will easily find, with the same max rate of fire set, you will be able to fire the gun at a 2-3x more rapid rate. This has a massive impact to the mode as it increases the things like faster more accurate enemy kills, and your overall time. I basically doubled my remamining time and increased my rank without any effort just by turning that off.

Obviously all other platforms - PS4, XB, and PC, aren't impacted by this because they don't feature this option.

Edited by estumas
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

Nice tip. This didn’t cross my mind because I usually turn off Adaptive Triggers an hour after I start a game. A cool feature always but all it does practically is make shooting more difficult in every game it’s implemented in. 

I turned adaptive triggers off two weeks after I got the PS5. It definitely makes shooting and other stuff more difficult. It can be turned off in the PS menu so you don't have to use the ingame menu for every single game.

Edited by CabDK

Okay damn, this does help quite a bit for pistol spam.

I love the immersion adaptive triggers bring, so I leave them on for the campaign, but if Mercenaries is gonna go try-hard on me with pistol only..... Guess I'll turn it off for Mercenaries.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Also a fantastic tip for the knife run. 

Now to S rank Mercs. All that's left for the platinum. 

I love adaptive triggers on the knife run because they help you know when your actually hitting some of the bigger more chaotic bosses

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 7:40 AM, h4mx0r said:

Can you even knife faster without adaptives? I don't think knife can slash as fast as pistol spam.

You can pretty much go infinite fast slashing with the knife if you hold L1 after the two knife slashes, and then repeat. It's basically the same principle with heal cancel where if you block it cuts off the animation and makes the following action register immediately.

Edited by PostGameBlues

2 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

You can pretty much go infinite fast slashing with the knife if you hold L1 after the two knife slashes, and then repeat. It's basically the same principle with heal cancel where if you block it cuts off the animation and makes the following action register immediately.

Oh this would have been good to know for the knives out trophy haha. That Chris boss took ages.

On 21.05.2021 at 6:39 PM, XXIIlII said:

I recommend turning that off for the whole game.

Why would you? it's great immersion for campaign playthrough. I loved it for knife only run, because I could feel when I was actually hitting something and not swinging at air. For the sweatfest of mercenaries it will definitely help to get it turned off