For the 100% gamers. What games over the years almost brought your completion streak to its end?

DaveMcDamage

As the topic says. It can be multiple games if thats been the case. 

For me. 

Skyrim: Remaster

Now not because it was hard, but because of the amount of bugs, glitches, freezes and at one point my saves wouldn't load. It was early on in this profile and I had done Skyrim before on the 360 and knew what a gem of a game it was. What a mess on PS4 though.... bleaagh!

Resident Evil 7

Loved the game and its DLC's but there was one particular requirement which I never thought I would do. The luck based level for Ethan Must Die. Oh my days, I think it was on my 30+ attempt when I finally got it done. Was buzzing I pushed on but wouldn't want to relive it. 

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I think what almost wrecked me with this is that I played it one case after the other and at one point was questioning why the hell I was sticking with it. I was in too deep with the profile though and smashed that platinum/completion... though a part of me died for doing so. 

Resident Evil 2 Remake

The shop dlc... oh my. It got to the point where after 5 attempts I was calling it quits as I couldn't get my head in the game at all and hated the mode. Pushed on, smashed the 100%... another part of me died.

Judgement

Puyo Puyo. I won't say anything else on that other than at one point I packed up the PS4 and offered it to my pal. He turned me down due to him ordering a PS5 and told me to stop acting like a compete **** over a video game. 

Final Fantasy VII remake

My current game and one that has wrecked me for many weeks. For some its a breeze of a game they consider no more than a difficulty of 3-4/10. For me its more like 100/100 difficulty. The devs could sense how much I loved the original and thought to torture me. Very close to calling it a day at this point as I have lost so many of my days off work trying to get through this friggin hard mode. 

Honourable Mention

The Yakuza franchise. Amazing saga but with some of the most infuriating completion requirements. Damn good series though and not worth quitting no matter how much it kills you. 

• Like 1

I have a few.

1. Cities: Skylines. The endless DLCs (with their ridiculous price tags) kept pushing me back. In particular, though, there's one DLC trophy for getting a "chirpnado" to spawn. It's a completely random event and it took around 300 hours (across two months) of leaving my PS4 idle for it to appear. What's really amazing about that trophy is I witnessed it popping. I just happened to be looking at the screen at the time when the blue twister came down and I nearly fell out of my chair.
  2. Frost. I thought this game was glitched. It's such a small game from such a small studio that I thought I'd never be able to figure out why some of the trophies weren't popping. I actually did manage to track down the devs, but it turns out the game is more clever than it appears with its anti-save scumming ways. I beat this one fair and square.
  3. Resident Evil Revelations. Raid Mode or whatever it was called... It was so boring, so tedious, that I almost quit gaming forever. I think that's legitimately the closest I've ever gotten to just selling my entire video game collection and picking up fly fishing. Took me two months to recover.
  4. Ys Origin. I don't know that I'll be able to beat Boss Rush. I don't like the game, I don't like the controls, I don't like that it's been known to crash in the middle of a run, and I don't think it's worth attempting because...
  5. Indivisible. This one did me in. Three of the DLC trophies are permanently unobtainable and the studio crashed and burned. Thanks, Ajna. I actually liked you.

Honorable mentions would go to Batman: Arkham City (community challenges), Dragon Quest Heroes II (STUPID GRIND), Hollow Knight (would not have platinumed if not for the invincibility glitch), Nioh (not sure I could have done it without co-op), No Man's Sky (release day boredom ?), and Uncharted 1-3 Remastered (Brutal difficulty, because I didn't realize glitches exist).

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

I have a couple:

Tales of Symphonia: I just did the story but this game has no scene skip, and needs 4-5 playthroughs to platinum. I probably would have trudged through it if scenes were skippable (as I did speed runs on vesperia and innocence which took 5 hours per run), but without scene skip doing it 5 times made me give this platinum a toss. Tales of Symphonia DOTW is another, I didn't even finish this as I found the monster catching too tedious, I also kept dying so I gave up near the start. 

FFX: Many people seem to have gotten this, but to me I found this games trophy requirements very hard. The chocobo race and lightning dancer made me give up, but I also found the whole grinding and stat maxing process very complicated. I hated blitzball and never played it, so seeing a trophy for winning all of Wakka's reels was a nope. I didn't even win a game let alone a tournament. This game just had way too many trophies that I could not manage to do unless I put in some real effort and may 200 hours of time to grind and do annoying mini games. I've been wanting to give it another go, but 6 years have passed so this is unlikely to happen at this stage. 

Tales of Zestiria: I wanted to get this but the game was very boring, and you only get stronger by eating herbs in this rather than leveling up which i found annoying. The trophies that blocked me from the platinum were the skill sheet related ones, like sweet 16. I had no clue how the skill sheet worked and it all went over my head. The fact that the game as a couple of trophies related to it was a real block for me. I just got like one of them by pure luck but none of the others as it was complicated mess. I might go back to it one day, but the skill sheet is a killer. 

Disgaea: I played Disgaea D2 and the trophies for disgaea games are really long and tough/grindy. I find them to be quite complex as well, so I didn't understand most of the trophy requirements and how to get them despite the guides. I just did the story and left it. The mechanics of the game were beyond me with the item world, chara world, innocents and what not. 

FFXV DLC: I platinumed the original game only for a million and one DLC to come out afterwards, decreasing my completion % to 50% despite me not even having bought the dumb DLC. I didn't enjoy this game very much and don't plan on bothering with the DLC, especially since i have to pay for it and their trophies don't look easy either, according to the trophy guides.

Kingdom Hearts games except for KH3: All the KH games are very difficult to platinum. I only managed to do KH3 as there are no trophies for proud and critical modes, but for all the others there are and I barely survived normal mode. The mini games in KH games are so difficult, I really struggled with the ones in Birth by sleep, which is probably the most difficult of the KH games to platinum. I wasn't able to win the final arena challenge as it was too hard and I kept dying even on normal mode, but the real reason I gave up was because of Ice cream Beat and Rumble Racing..... I barely managed the first level. 

• Like 1

Super Meat Boy - I contemplated giving up entirely on this one a few times towards the very end. The Cotton Alley no death runs were absolutely brutal. Dark Cotton Alley took me around 40 hours of practice and sheer trial and error before I finally earned the trophy and bagged the platinum. May forever be the proudest platinum I will ever have in my trophy collection.

DOOM II - A game that is currently on hiatus for me. Nightmare Co-op is absolutely sadistic. Version 1.08 makes it literally next to impossible to beat the later levels by yourself. Thanks to a method using proxies and using the Charles program on my PC I can revert DOOM II to version 1.03, but whenever I boot up the game the PS4 always prompts me to download it to the latest version. So I'm going to have to play this completely offline. Right now, that is far too much effort for me to bother trying.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) - Run Like the Wind is unobtainable legit, and Rockstar couldn't care less about fixing the broken online, so this game will be forever incomplete on my list.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - For 100 percent completion I have to do the Doomsday Heist which includes doing those two overly difficult online trophies. With a spotty internet connection, this will probably never get finished.

Surgeon Simulator - Doing no less than 20 different operations to an A++ rating nearly brought my blood pressure to a boil.

Driveclub & Driveclub Bikes - I took a gamble with this as I only had 30 days left to do all the online, including the Bike Replay trophy which requires six players to do a race together. I did everything to 100 percent completion just a few short days before the servers shut, so I got very lucky. One of my proudest accomplishments.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Finished this one back in 2017, but the Community Challenges kept me held up for a very long time. I did everything else but the combat community challenges, then put this one on hiatus for several months until I finally decided to tackle the final three trophies. Very proud to get this one fully complete.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) - Run Like the Wind is unobtainable legit, and Rockstar couldn't care less about fixing the broken online, so this game will be forever incomplete on my list.

I had the platinum and 100% on this a few years back on my other profle. The way I survived the bounty was just waiting for another player to put it on me, then driving around and make my way up the highest hill. It gives a good vantage point to see who's coming. I don't even think it has to be a real player who puts it on but an NPC who's car you stole. There was a way you could play the online on your own by changing a particular setting in the network settings. I can't remember what its called but its something like ATT or something and its set at like 1500. You change that down to 800 and you can just play in your own map and not worry about other players. I did this when boosting car boosting etc. Not sure if you can get banned or anything for doing it though so take caution and maybe read up on it first. 

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - For 100 percent completion I have to do the Doomsday Heist which includes doing those two overly difficult online trophies. With a spotty internet connection, this will probably never get finished.

Yeah that was the DLC that caused me to bin my previous profile. Think I had around 20 or so platinums but that DLC was based around selling shark cards as they put the setup missions in the free roam map, meaning absolute tools would just wreck your for no reason, casuing you to fund a new setup. Horrible idea and won't touch another Rockstar Game ever again because of it. 

11 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

FFX: Many people seem to have gotten this, but to me I found this games trophy requirements very hard. The chocobo race and lightning dancer made me give up, but I also found the whole grinding and stat maxing process very complicated. I hated blitzball and never played it, so seeing a trophy for winning all of Wakka's reels was a nope. I didn't even win a game let alone a tournament. This game just had way too many trophies that I could not manage to do unless I put in some real effort and may 200 hours of time to grind and do annoying mini games. I've been wanting to give it another go, but 6 years have passed so this is unlikely to happen at this stage. 

I feel your pain when it comes to FFX. I cannot believe I forgot to mention that. 

The lightning dance isn't difficult in the slightest once you get the timing down, but what a pointless requirement. Yes you needed it for max weapons but oh my days did it kill the fun. I don't think the Japanese devs get the understanding of fun or challenge and just opt for 'make the gamer miserable. 

The Chocobo race is what almost done me in. For a start the game has around 5 RNG balloon pattens and only two of them actually allow for a successful run. It took me 122 attempts. 122.

Filling out the sphere grid isn't hard once you capture a Tonberry and use the monster farm... erm farming. But yeah it takes a long time and totally destroys the game. Once I got that trophy I continued the game and killed the final boss in 3 or 4 basic hits I was that over powered. 

When I played it on PS2 I too hated Blitzball. It was a total mind f**k of a mini game, but when playing it a few months back and because I now play to get the trophies, I settled in and learned it. The key to enjoying this game is to get Tidus's spin move. Once you have that he rarely misses. It got to the point where I was scoring three in a row and then letting it play out whilst I chinned a cup of England's finest beverage. Again it does take a while to get Wakka's items to appear but its very doable and I think you can even save and reload at somepoints as it will tell you what you will get when playing each championship but I do remember you had to beat a specific amount before his items would appear. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Batman: Arkham Knight - Finished this one back in 2017, but the Community Challenges kept me held up for a very long time. I did everything else but the combat community challenges, then put this one on hiatus for several months until I finally decided to tackle the final three trophies. Very proud to get this one fully complete.

How hard were the challenges? and any tips for completing them? 

I’ve been sitting on %81 for years, I have 3 packs to complete (Hero, Rogue and Community)

20 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I think what almost wrecked me with this is that I played it one case after the other and at one point was questioning why the hell I was sticking with it. I was in too deep with the profile though and smashed that platinum/completion... though a part of me died for doing so. 

Do you think spacing the cases between other games would’ve helped? 

I think graphic novels aren’t a good fit for tvs, but I’m considering buying the Phoenix Wright trilogy on ps4 

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah that was the DLC that caused me to bin my previous profile. Think I had around 20 or so platinums but that DLC was based around selling shark cards as they put the setup missions in the free roam map, meaning absolute tools would just wreck your for no reason, casuing you to fund a new setup. Horrible idea and won't touch another Rockstar Game ever again because of it.

That really sucks. Is the online that bad nowadays? Haven't played it in literally forever. I just remember it being not too bad.

7 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

How hard were the challenges? and any tips for completing them?

If you have all the DLC, those AR challenges aren't too bad. The ones you need to watch out for are the Community Challenges, notably the combat challenges for spawning Killer Kroc at Iceberg Lounge, and the Monarch Theatre which requires a perfect freeflow combo throughout the entire run.

All I can say is practice, practice, practice. Watch some videos on YouTube. Don't bother with trying to knock out the guys with the knives, since that involves a move that is a little difficult to master. Just avoid their hits by holding triangle. Try to keep a combo going and always use Evade (X button) to plot out your moves. Don't fully rely on Counter (triangle when the notification pops above an enemy's head that they're about to hit you) as I found that a bit unreliable. As far as skill goes those three combat challenges in the Community Challenges pack are probably the most difficult in the Batman Rocksteady Arkham trilogy.

It took me a long time to finish those challenges, so don't feel discouraged if you feel you're not up to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

If you have all the DLC, those AR challenges aren't too bad. The ones you need to watch out for are the Community Challenges, notably the combat challenges for spawning Killer Kroc at Iceberg Lounge, and the Monarch Theatre which requires a perfect freeflow combo throughout the entire run.

All I can say is practice, practice, practice. Watch some videos on YouTube. Don't bother with trying to knock out the guys with the knives, since that involves a move that is a little difficult to master. Just avoid their hits by holding triangle. Try to keep a combo going and always use Evade (X button) to plot out your moves. Don't fully rely on Counter (triangle when the notification pops above an enemy's head that they're about to hit you) as I found that a bit unreliable. As far as skill goes those three combat challenges in the Community Challenges pack are probably the most difficult in the Batman Rocksteady Arkham trilogy.

It took me a long time to finish those challenges, so don't feel discouraged if you feel you're not up to them.

If we were talking the PS3 era, then Arham CIty almost killed gaming completely for me. All those combat rooms and then the challenges where you had like 3 attempts or something. I adored Aystlum and City was incredible up until that point. It causes so much stress for me getting the 100% completion that I won't ever be able to play the final game in the saga. 

On 5/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

I thought some of the same, but I actually was able to find a guide that really went through and explained everything pretty well even blitzball.  With it all you have to do is keep trying at the chocobo races and you can get the plat pretty easily.  There's also some videos out there that show some tips for lightning dancer because there's actually a spot where it is really easy to get this one.

The guide I used was this one: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/37002

Tales of Zestiria: I wanted to get this but the game was very boring, and you only get stronger by eating herbs in this rather than leveling up which i found annoying. The trophies that blocked me from the platinum were the skill sheet related ones, like sweet 16. I had no clue how the skill sheet worked and it all went over my head. The fact that the game as a couple of trophies related to it was a real block for me. I just got like one of them by pure luck but none of the others as it was complicated mess. I might go back to it one day, but the skill sheet is a killer. 

Sweet 16 was a bit tricky but it's a matter of getting the right skills into your equipment.  You have 5 pieces of equipment if I recall right and each has 4 skill slots.  So among those you have to get 16 slots to match up.  The tricky part is farming enough to get the right combinations but overall it's a matter of messing around with fusions and being lucky enough to get equipment to drop with the right skills in the right spots and then fusing them together to get equipment with mostly the same skills so you have the same one 16 times among your equipment.  I know guides do cover which ones are the easiest to work with.  Believe it or not though, I got the 100% on the PC version in about 60 hours, which is way better than Tales of Symphonia's 160 hours.

So as far as my games keeping me from 100% at the moment:

Muramasa Rebirth:  I'm absolutely awful at no hit/no damage runs and that is what Fury Difficulty amounts to.  On top of this, I have to beat this with every character.  Only other trophy is completing a DLC in under an hour I think it was, and that was more me being too lazy to go back and do that because it's not really a hard trophy.

Sparkle Unleashed: Nightmare difficulty in this game is definitely a nightmare.  This game is maybe 90% luck and 10% skill.  You need enough skill to not miss and mess things up, but the majority is having enough luck to get the right color orbs and the right powerups so you can sustain chains for a whole level and the further you get int the game, the longer you have to keep up that chain of luck.

Zuma: My remaining trophy is the one for beating a level in 8 seconds or less.  My best time so far is 9 seconds and that was a one time I was lucky thing.  This game just is a pain and it's not easy to beat a level this quickly with how slow the controls are and how difficult it can be to aim the orbs.

God of War PS3: I dislike this game immensely and the challenges of the gods are a pain in the butt.  This is mostly a matter of me ever having enough patience to sit down and do this one in one sitting.  Problem is, I have a crap attention span at the best of times, it's even worse when I hate the game.

The rest are mostly me just getting around to actually playing them again and having the patience to deal with grinds and additional playthroughs and deal with KH2's obnoxious platforming, controls and minigames.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I thought some of the same, but I actually was able to find a guide that really went through and explained everything pretty well even blitzball.  With it all you have to do is keep trying at the chocobo races and you can get the plat pretty easily.  There's also some videos out there that show some tips for lightning dancer because there's actually a spot where it is really easy to get this one.

The guide I used was this one: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/37002

Sweet 16 was a bit tricky but it's a matter of getting the right skills into your equipment.  You have 5 pieces of equipment if I recall right and each has 4 skill slots.  So among those you have to get 16 slots to match up.  The tricky part is farming enough to get the right combinations but overall it's a matter of messing around with fusions and being lucky enough to get equipment to drop with the right skills in the right spots and then fusing them together to get equipment with mostly the same skills so you have the same one 16 times among your equipment.  I know guides do cover which ones are the easiest to work with.  Believe it or not though, I got the 100% on the PC version in about 60 hours, which is way better than Tales of Symphonia's 160 hours.

Wow that FFX guide looks so awesome, and lists everything in the order it should be done. I think I might actually go for it now and hope for the best with the chocobo game. My brother managed to do it on the PS2 but couldn't do it again for the trophy on the remake, which he was gutted about. 

Yeah Zestirias trophy seems so RNG to me, but wow that's amazing you got Tales of Symphonia. I wish i had the patience for it to grind grade and do 4 playthroughs... but with Tales of Arise and Neo TWEWY on the way, it's getting harder and harder to dig my ps3 out of the closet. I didn't like the way the Zestiria has you having to eat herbs to power up rather than using something like the orb in Xillia 1 and 2 or just leveling up, but 60 hours is very quick. I had a 40 hour playthrough time when I finished the story. 

My FFX game is the vita version and I still play my Vita, so can easily pick that up on the go. 

hmm well my profile is new but 

• mortal kombat x has unobtainable trophies as far as i know
  • i moved from playing dead by daylight on ps5 to pc so i will not be buying future dlcs on ps5 so i wont be getting the future dlc trophies unless they make it so i can buy dlcs on pc and have them on ps5 too

i hate how low my percentage is overall, i want to at least keep it at 60%+

Edited by jiichangmin

I have a couple:

Blitzball there are ultimate players you can recruit for free that makes it impossible to lose. The only challenge is sitting through all the games waiting for the other team to lose.

Chocobo, just use the d pad. Makes it a piece of cake

Lightning dancer...ok this sucks but the glitch makes it doable

Maxing stats. Never bothered, just filled it for the trophy and moved on. 

I had only played a little ffx on the ps2 (quit after the laughing scene) and even i was able to get the plat with minimal effort.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Blitzball there are ultimate players you can recruit for free that makes it impossible to lose. The only challenge is sitting through all the games waiting for the other team to lose.

I had only played a little ffx on the ps2 (quit after the laughing scene) and even i was able to get the plat with minimal effort.

I'm not great at concentrating for the lightning dancer, but yeah that crater trick seems pretty alright. One of my friends who rarely games and mostly just plays nintendo got it the other day for her brother. I've never tried it but will have a go.

Just wondering what three characters did you use to beat the dark aeons and penance? I only have the celestial weapons for Auron, Yuna and Rikku as they are easy, and have to get Tidus and Lulu's for the trophy anyway. I was thinking of using at least Tidus and Rikku, and one other except Kimahri as Im not doing that butterfly game.  

2 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I'm not great at concentrating for the lightning dancer, but yeah that crater trick seems pretty alright. One of my friends who rarely games and mostly just plays nintendo got it the other day for her brother. I've never tried it but will have a go.

Just wondering what three characters did you use to beat the dark aeons and penance? I only have the celestial weapons for Auron, Yuna and Rikku as they are easy, and have to get Tidus and Lulu's for the trophy anyway. I was thinking of using at least Tidus and Rikku, and one other except Kimahri as Im not doing that butterfly game.  

My first time playing FFX was a few years on Vita, it's a pretty bad game, however it's good compared to the ones that came after it and it still somehow feels like an old skool FF game and I enjoyed the fighting, but that was pretty much it. I beat the final few dark aeons and penance using Yojimbo, I forget off the top of my head, but you can do something like increase his agility to 255 so the enemies are unable to hit him, and then you can just use his slash that kills any enemy in one hit. I know I did this with penance, got my trophy and then just reloaded my game.

I gave up on many of the trophies though, like others have mentioned, Blitzball is just so awful and boring, and that Chocobo race, doesn't feel like I am ever in control of the Chocobo for some reason.

I love the fighting but the those trials get old very fast and most of the characters are annoying. I like that guy dressed in the red who has his chin covered up. I forget the name.

Ghostbusters and F.E.A.R. 2 actually ended my streak due to server shutdowns. They came before I started aiming for 100% so I didn't pay them much attention at the time.

No game I've considered as being so difficult I just couldn't do it, all except for Super Street Fighter 4 and more specifically Dan Trial 23, that was the first time I've experienced hitting a wall, my fingers just couldn't do it on a pad and I was starting to experience carpal tunnel syndrome attempting it. In the end I made a leap and got an arcade stick and that changed everything. Still really difficult for me but I got there, it took 2 months to complete it though.

Years later with my profile I'll never hit 100% (minus the 12 trophies unattainable above), not because of difficulty but because of time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

My first time playing FFX was a few years on Vita, it's a pretty bad game, however it's good compared to the ones that came after it and it still somehow feels like an old skool FF game and I enjoyed the fighting, but that was pretty much it. I beat the final few dark aeons and penance using Yojimbo, I forget off the top of my head, but you can do something like increase his agility to 255 so the enemies are unable to hit him, and then you can just use his slash that kills any enemy in one hit. I know I did this with penance, got my trophy and then just reloaded my game.

I gave up on many of the trophies though, like others have mentioned, Blitzball is just so awful and boring, and that Chocobo race, doesn't feel like I am ever in control of the Chocobo for some reason.

I love the fighting but the those trials get old very fast and most of the characters are annoying. I like that guy dressed in the red who has his chin covered up. I forget the name.

ouch man I realy loved ff x altough I prefer x2

however its not a bad game objectivly speaking is a relay good game you may not like it which is fine but I dont think its fair to clal it a bad game it isnt full of bugs  it has a good story  etc. I get that you dont like it which relay is fine but calling it a bad game isnt fair

ot I had this last week actualy with drive girls I literaly gave up but someone boosted me trough it so I did get the palt in the end

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

It has been ao long but I believe I just used zanmato to take them all down. You have so much money in that game that you can just buy all of their deaths

19 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Chocobo Race is worse than you suggest. There’s still a lot of luck. But the others are doable. And to be more specific, Brother is the dude you want. Put him in the middle of the field, let him level, and he’s unbeatable. The other team likely won’t even get the opportunity to take shots, because he’s so aggressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Chocobo Race is worse than you suggest. There’s still a lot of luck. But the others are doable. And to be more specific, Brother is the dude you want. Put him in the middle of the field, let him level, and he’s unbeatable. The other team likely won’t even get the opportunity to take shots, because he’s so aggressive.

I found as soon as i switched to the dpad i got it after a couple of tries. Using the analog i didnt even come close

12 hours ago, visvoer18 said:

ouch man I realy loved ff x altough I prefer x2

however its not a bad game objectivly speaking is a relay good game you may not like it which is fine but I dont think its fair to clal it a bad game it isnt full of bugs  it has a good story  etc. I get that you dont like it which relay is fine but calling it a bad game isnt fair

ot I had this last week actualy with drive girls I literaly gave up but someone boosted me trough it so I did get the palt in the end

Perhaps if I had played it back on the PS2. So much of the game is unmemorable and I didn't click with the characters and the story is not really interesting at all. Even the story on FF8 is better and I didn't really like that one. Yeah, it isn't a bad game, I can agree with that, but it's not exactly good. And trophy wise, this game is full of shit and unnecessary stuff to further ruin the game.

Great news on drive girls!

2 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Perhaps if I had played it back on the PS2. So much of the game is unmemorable and I didn't click with the characters and the story is not really interesting at all. Even the story on FF8 is better and I didn't really like that one. Yeah, it isn't a bad game, I can agree with that, but it's not exactly good. And trophy wise, this game is full of shit and unnecessary stuff to further ruin the game.

Great news on drive girls!

oh trophy wise I agree  it sucks but game wise I love it a lot  and I realy liked the story

oh well we cant all like the same stuff it shows

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 7:31 AM, Lava_Yuki said:

If you want an easy fight with the Aeons then you can always try to cheese it with Yojimbo. I was pretty insanely levelled by the time I took them on but I know I definitely cheesed Penance. I was dreading Dark Yojimbo but there are some top guides out there and he's actually easy even though you have to fight him about 5 times in a row. 

As for the choccobo race, you have to know that there is about 4-5 variations and only two of them really work. One where you can get hit once and still do it providing you got enough baloons, and another where there are plenty of ballons right throughout and you can get it done. It still took me over 100 attempst. This is a top video if you ever need it...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

If you want an easy fight with the Aeons then you can always try to cheese it with Yojimbo. I was pretty insanely levelled by the time I took them on but I know I definitely cheesed Penance. I was dreading Dark Yojimbo but there are some top guides out there and he's actually easy even though you have to fight him about 5 times in a row. 

As for the choccobo race, you have to know that there is about 4-5 variations and only two of them really work. One where you can get hit once and still do it providing you got enough baloons, and another where there are plenty of ballons right throughout and you can get it done. It still took me over 100 attempst. This is a top video if you ever need it...

Awesome thanks! I'd prefer to try and beat them without yojimbo after maxing stats unless I get really stuck. Wow that video is pretty good, 100 attempts is a lot! 

23 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Awesome thanks! I'd prefer to try and beat them without yojimbo after maxing stats unless I get really stuck. Wow that video is pretty good, 100 attempts is a lot! 

Well without Yojimbo you can still be wiped out in a matter of seconds if you don't pull the right moves, but it can be done. I think doing it legit can take a good amount of time though. Don't qoute me on this but I heard battling Penance legit can take around 40 minutes. 

Its a great game, but maxing all spheres for the trophy totally destroys the main campaign battles. Its only the monster farm place where you will continue to get any sort of challenge. 

As for the race. Yeah it really got to me. The race at the tower/church is no where near as bad, but the way the devs used RNG in this game really wrecks the fun and meaning of what should be a challenge. But it was PS2 era and back then devs were still figuring out the difference between challenging, fun and downright stressful. 

• Like 1