For the 100% gamers. What games over the years almost brought your completion streak to its end?

DaveMcDamage

62 of 86 Trophies
15th January 2018 • Platinum in 2 weeks, 20 hours
No clue what I was doing at that time. My build is so horrible and even missing important items. Getting 100% in the DLC is probably 100s of hours to get it 100%. Not bothered. Fun fact is that Nioh 2 is 100% on ps4+ps5 and my GOTY at that time :P

52 of 56 Trophies
22nd February 2018
Speedrun(which can be cheesed I know) and proud mode. I just dislike the game and I keep installing/uninstalling it to get it platinum. I know I can get it easily but forcing myself to get it done is another thing.

Final Fantasy XV • EU
82 of 98 Trophies
6th March 2018 • Platinum in 1 week, 2 days
DLC multiplayer trophies... and after that they announced the royal pack. This game got me burned out so much after all those previous DLC's..

51 of 63 Trophies
20th May 2018 • Platinum in 1 week, 1 day
Still need to start those DLC's it's been 3 years already and doing all the hard stuff is something I just keep ignoring. 

46 of 52 Trophies
3rd February 2019 • Platinum in 5 days, 52 minutes
40€ for hardmode content and again Kingdom hearts which I don't like.. Probably never going to start this..

66 of 68 Trophies
3rd November 2020 • Platinum in 4 days, 21 hours
Getting 3 stars on hardest difficulty in multiplayer. Still need to find a godlike booster to get me through 10 hard stages and 10 crushing afterwards.

Not too bad in the end. Currently at 430 games played and 424 completed. 
Only kingdom hearts 1 isn't platinum on my profile.
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:56 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Final Fantasy XV • EU
82 of 98 Trophies
6th March 2018 • Platinum in 1 week, 2 days
DLC multiplayer trophies... and after that they announced the royal pack. This game got me burned out so much after all those previous DLC's..

Not too bad in the end. Currently at 430 games played and 424 completed. 
Only kingdom hearts 1 isn't platinum on my profile.

I was late to the party and then gutted to find that FFXV cannot even be 100% completed anymore due to them shutting something down. They already have an FFMP game and should have left this SP. Damn shame. Damn fine record you have there too man, well done. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I was late to the party and then gutted to find that FFXV cannot even be 100% completed anymore due to them shutting something down. They already have an FFMP game and should have left this SP. Damn shame. Damn fine record you have there too man, well done. 

Reading through this interesting Thread and want just mention that the 100% is still obtainable. You can downgrade your FFXV Royal Edition to v1.26 and play Comrades solo. Not bad at all - only tedious 40h grind :P

On 5/22/2021 at 10:21 PM, SkyFight0r said:

Reading through this interesting Thread and want just mention that the 100% is still obtainable. You can downgrade your FFXV Royal Edition to v1.26 and play Comrades solo. Not bad at all - only tedious 40h grind :P

Doesn't that involve that thing where you have to hook the PS4 to a PC and do some stuff to delete digital patches or something? If I'm honest though I could still sleep well at night never having bought or played the game, and I do hate financially supporting stupid developer choices. Cheers though man. 

On 16.5.2021 at 3:59 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - For 100 percent completion I have to do the Doomsday Heist which includes doing those two overly difficult online trophies. With a spotty internet connection, this will probably never get finished.

I feel you!

I did 100% on GTA V ps4, and a part of me died on the way there. It was SO stressing. I've never tried anything so stressfull in all my years of gaming :o 

So glad im never doing that again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I feel you!

I did 100% on GTA V ps4, and a part of me died on the way there. It was SO stressing. I've never tried anything so stressfull in all my years of gaming :o 

So glad im never doing that again. 

I've actually never played the online for the PS4 version of Grand Theft Auto V. I have a spotty internet connection just playing with randoms sometimes, so this game will get a pass.

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

I've actually never played the online for the PS4 version of Grand Theft Auto V. I have a spotty internet connection just playing with randoms sometimes, so this game will get a pass.

Understandable :) 

My internet is pretty ok, never have problems, but i heard that people have had problems with GTA online, where the doomsday heist, resets stats, so you risk being close to doing it, and you are reset :o I was worried about that all 25+ hours it took to do.....

• Like 1

Just now, TomataEighty9 said:

Understandable :) 

My internet is pretty ok, never have problems, but i heard that people have had problems with GTA online, where the doomsday heist, resets stats, so you risk being close to doing it, and you are reset :o I was worried about that all 25+ hours it took to do.....

I could theoretically, do the online for the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto V, including the infamous Run Like the Wind trophy that is only possible by having a hacker/modder put a bounty on you. Given the age of the game and the state of the servers, it's not worth it for me.

Also, doing the heists I hear puts you back in a public lobby, where you can get hacked and trophies can autopop, which is an automatic flag on this website.

If the Doomsday Heist is that stressful with a good internet connection, I literally don't stand a chance. So neither version of Grand Theft Auto V will be finished on my list. Sort of a blemish on my profile, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I could theoretically, do the online for the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto V, including the infamous Run Like the Wind trophy that is only possible by having a hacker/modder put a bounty on you. Given the age of the game and the state of the servers, it's not worth it for me.

Also, doing the heists I hear puts you back in a public lobby, where you can get hacked and trophies can autopop, which is an automatic flag on this website.

If the Doomsday Heist is that stressful with a good internet connection, I literally don't stand a chance. So neither version of Grand Theft Auto V will be finished on my list. Sort of a blemish on my profile, but it is what it is.

Internet connection is the least of your worries. The team you're with must be good, and know to stick until the very end. The Heists are really tedious, and the IA is unforgiving. I learn many things in the way, but if you go with a higher level, with good equipment and are aware of what is supposed to do, it is very doable and memorable too. It's one of my more intense and greatest experiences in gaming, personally. 

Edited by Xenoblast91
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Whilst I'v ended runs due to games being so awful to play that I refused to continue, the only one I can think of that wrecked because it was too damn hard was NInja Gaiden 2 on the 360. 

Time to finally come full circle and plat

NGS2 Remaster lol

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

12 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Time to finally come full circle and plat

NGS2 Remaster lol

Nah I heard the Sigma editions don't hold a candle to the originals. Though that was just from odd comments. My pal played NG2 so much, that the in-game timer in the options had stopped at 999 hours. And what sucked the most for the elite guys of that game, was that the devs couldn't control leaderboard hackers, so the legit best gamer was somehere in the thousands. 

6 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Nah I heard the Sigma editions don't hold a candle to the originals. Though that was just from odd comments. My pal played NG2 so much, that the in-game timer in the options had stopped at 999 hours. And what sucked the most for the elite guys of that game, was that the devs couldn't control leaderboard hackers, so the legit best gamer was somehere in the thousands. 

I love NG2 on 360 and never knew about the in game timer thing.

I remember how over the top the 1000g was tho.

You had to beat the game using using only one of every weapon(witch there were what 8?) clear every difficulty and do every test of valor.

Then there was the dlc witch was 10x harder too.

I hear sigma 2 is much easier in comparison(and not as good)

Payday 2 and Uncharted 3 (PS3) were huge roadblocks since I don't really play shooters, so I'm pretty bad at anything skill related, but I managed to fail my way to completing them.

Currently, I'd say the Kingdom Hearts games (BBS, 3) since I just don't feel like playing them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 1:56 PM, roosta_141 said:

Currently, Gold Plated on Need for Speed (2015) is the one that fills me with most dread. 

I spent around 6-8 hours to earn my first gold medal, and haven’t touched it since. Hopefully one day…

I had my blood pressure rise just doing those stupid events in Need for Speed Rivals. Need for Speed 2015 sounds a whole lot worse.