Demons poor excuse of a checklist...

Wow, hates off to you for getting the platinum is Wolfenstein 2.

1 hour ago, The Devils Reaper said:

On a side note: Anyone else working on trophy-related goals that are taking a long time?

Yes, I actually started a checklist as well to work through mine, and similar (but not as daunting) to your's my biggest roadblock are online trophies.  I just knocked off what I hope to be my most difficult because of the boosting required, but still have a long path forward that might be jeopardized by future server shutdowns.

Definitely going to follow your progress!

Edited by DrunkenEngineer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

subnautica can be done very quickly if you want to save time

I saw some speedrun guides popping up lately but would like to give it a blind playthrough. Really enjoyed 'The Forest' so I'm looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Im gonna follow your way there. That's quite the list :) 

Thanks! Couldn't help but notice you dropping RDR2 after chapter 2 even though you got all the online done. What made you leave the campaign? I must admit the beginning has been pretty underwhelming...

31 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Wow, hates off to you for getting the platinum is Wolfenstein 2.

Yes, I actually started a checklist as well to work through mine, and similar (but not as daunting) to your's my biggest roadblock are online trophies.  I just knocked off what I hope to be my most difficult because of the boosting required, but still have a long path forward that might be jeopardized by future server shutdowns.

Definitely going to follow your progress!

Nice work! It really is quite the relief getting online stuff out the way huh? I see you went the opposite with RDR2, no interest in the online?

Excellent to retire with exactly 1000 games and 1000 UR, good luck on that. Also amazing profile, almost 30 thousand trophies in just 6 years is a lot, I understand why you want to rest now. Never stop playing video games for fun, just rest from the trophy commitment. and congrats on Wolf 2, one day I will end this as well! ?

Nice work! It really is quite the relief getting online stuff out the way huh? I see you went the opposite with RDR2, no interest in the online?

At the time I played it I had no interest in the Online, and heard it had very little content.  It's on my list to revisit and knock out the MP trophies.  I just have to steel myself for it and GTAV as I understand they are looooooooong time commitments.

edit: I understand you'll be retiring from trophy hunting after you meet your goals - will you be retiring this profile or just not worrying about trophies?

Edited by DrunkenEngineer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Excellent to retire with exactly 1000 games and 1000 UR, good luck on that. Also amazing profile, almost 30 thousand trophies in just 6 years is a lot, I understand why you want to rest now. Never stop playing video games for fun, just rest from the trophy commitment. and congrats on Wolf 2, one day I will end this as well! ?

Yeah it just gets a bit much after a while. Like you said, should all be about fun in the end. Trophies have ruined far too many games for me, unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Shaun1094 said:

I’ll be following this thread, I enjoy watching people’s progression.

Also you have some seriously impressive platinums/100%s, congrats man 

Thanks man, appreciate it.

3 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

At the time I played it I had no interest in the Online, and heard it had very little content.  It's on my list to revisit and knock out the MP trophies.  I just have to steel myself for it and GTAV as I understand they are looooooooong time commitments.

edit: I understand you'll be retiring from trophy hunting after you meet your goals - will you be retiring this profile or just not worrying about trophies?

You're right, it does take a long time, but the online in RDR2 was a lot of fun. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it.

I'll most likely be retiring the profile and taking a break from trophies. I really miss gaming without the focus on this shit.

13 minutes ago, The Devils Reaper said:

I'll most likely be retiring the profile and taking a break from trophies. I really miss gaming without the focus on this shit.

Have you thought about switching platforms?  Switch doesn't have any meta achievement/trophy systems at all.

Steam has achievements, but there is no score attached to them.

1 hour ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Have you thought about switching platforms?  Switch doesn't have any meta achievement/trophy systems at all.

Steam has achievements, but there is no score attached to them.

Yea, I've been looking at moving over to PC. I didn't know that about the Switch. Surprised tbh, seeing how many people talk about it on here.

13 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

Thanks! Couldn't help but notice you dropping RDR2 after chapter 2 even though you got all the online done. What made you leave the campaign? I must admit the beginning has been pretty underwhelming...

I played through the online, got a friend i played with, and we just grinded so much, that when i got the last online trophy, i had to put the game away for a bit. 

I DO plan to go back. I guess i just really dont wanna do the gold medals in RDR2 :o Why would they make it so the requirements don't stack :( 

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I played through the online, got a friend i played with, and we just grinded so much, that when i got the last online trophy, i had to put the game away for a bit. 

I DO plan to go back. I guess i just really dont wanna do the gold medals in RDR2 :o Why would they make it so the requirements don't stack :( 

Yeah, I was surprised when I read that in the guide. Thankfully they've been pretty easy so far, although I'm sure it's gonna be a shit show in the end.

I see you have GTA V at 100% Very nice ? Did you need a solid team of 4 for the 'Masterminds' trophy? Is it even possible with randoms?

16 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

*RDR2*
I must admit the beginning has been pretty underwhelming...

Stick with it! I must admit it was a slow burner for me in the beginning too but it turned into one of my absolute favourites!

3 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I DO plan to go back. I guess i just really dont wanna do the gold medals in RDR2 :o

Thankfully they've been pretty easy so far, although I'm sure it's gonna be a shit show in the end.

A small tip to make the gold medals easier for you both, on the missions where you need head shots and to not take any health items you are allowed to take Potent Snake Potions. These fortify your dead eye and don’t affect the health item requirement! It made a lot of missions I thought would be difficult to Gold much easier!

Good luck and enjoy reaching your goal!

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, The Devils Reaper said:

I saw some speedrun guides popping up lately but would like to give it a blind playthrough. Really enjoyed 'The Forest' so I'm looking forward to this.

The story of Red Dead Redemption II is great. The writing, themes, and characterization are praiseworthy. Especially if you have played Red Dead Redemption before. Hopefully, you will enjoy the story more as you progress it.

23 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

21 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

Yeah, I was surprised when I read that in the guide. Thankfully they've been pretty easy so far, although I'm sure it's gonna be a shit show in the end.

I see you have GTA V at 100% Very nice 1f44d.png Did you need a solid team of 4 for the 'Masterminds' trophy? Is it even possible with randoms?

The gold medal objectives for most of the missions are easy. The common objectives are complete with at least minimum % of accuracy, complete the mission without taking any health items, complete the mission within the time limit, get a minimum number of headshots, take no damage during the shootout, and complete the mission using only sidearms. As @Eqill5 said, you can use items such as fine brandy, cigars, and chewing tobacco to refill the dead eye meter without them failing the objective for completing a mission without taking any health items. To achieve a minimum percentage of accuracy, you will need to be careful during the firefights, because only shots hitting enemies who are living will be counted as a “hit”. Shooting at enemies who are dead or anything else are counted as a “miss”. Skipping cutscenes will usually help in completing missions within the time limit. However, there are some missions that you will automatically fail the time limit requirement if you skip any cutscenes. Good luck!

Edited by notandrebraun
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

I see you have GTA V at 100% Very nice 1f44d.png Did you need a solid team of 4 for the 'Masterminds' trophy? Is it even possible with randoms?

My plan with RDR2, is to do everything else, other than gold medals, and then worry about them last :D 

That's what i did with GTA V and the masterminds & elitist trophies. 

You NEED a solid team. You cannot die, and you need to work together, so having randoms who think they are a one man army like Rambo, is a sure way to lose. These 2 trophies are a bish :D 

• Like 2

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided got the raw end of the stick by Square Enix.  It was intended to be the middle entry in a trilogy and never got a follow up because it didn't live up to very unrealistic sales figures.

I adore the modern Deus Ex games, and this review might nudge more back to cleaning up my Mankind Divided trophy list.  It's a pretty daunting one that I've played also on Steam, but not to 100%.

Did they ever release Human Revolution on PS4?  If not, that game is better in many many ways than MD, and would be worth checking out if you ever have access to it.

• Like 1

Just popping in to say hi & very nice going on Wolf 2!! When I saw you playing that recently I knew the completion was coming up. I've rarely seen someone so able to make a plan & stick to it & as someone who finds that incredibly hard to do it's always inspiring.

It's been great seeing you take out so many different types of games the last few years & it seems like you found that elusive 'right amount of excess', or perhaps eclipsed it. Either way much respect you know I'm a big fan of excess!

Really enjoyed the co-op sessions/chats & I was always so impressed at how you & Adam could always get stuff done even under the inhumane condition of me talking constantly along with all the other noise in the house. 

That's quite substantial as far as the last lot of games goes. Definitely an hour or two of experience-enhancing Mahjong in Kiwami 2 to look forward to & I promise that's the last time I'll bring that up but LMK when you're doing it & I can either watch/cheer-on in shareplay or I'll fire up Yakuza 0 & do the Mahjong requirements in solidarity.

On 16/05/2021 at 2:30 AM, The Devils Reaper said:

On a side note: Anyone else working on trophy-related goals that are taking a long time?

80% completion which is close but it's a slow crawl. Might have to speed it up a bit & actually play some of those ps3 & vita games. Thankfully there's still plenty to choose from & still have a fun experience with so I'll be sure to forgo those titles & work on something horrible. 

Also VR leaderboarding, I was feeling 'eh' about it but noticed Kowloon's Gate VR Suzaku got the VR tag back & that made me irrationally happy & renewed my interest. 

Only somewhat trophy related but thanks to the recent sale on the Japanese store I managed to pick up that Virtual On collection as well as Happy Manager Shiawase & the Japanese-Language ps4 imports collection is looking pretty close to complete as far as what I want from it at this stage. 

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Just popping in to say hi & very nice going on Wolf 2!! When I saw you playing that recently I knew the completion was coming up. I've rarely seen someone so able to make a plan & stick to it & as someone who finds that incredibly hard to do it's always inspiring.

It's been great seeing you take out so many different types of games the last few years & it seems like you found that elusive 'right amount of excess', or perhaps eclipsed it. Either way much respect you know I'm a big fan of excess!

Really enjoyed the co-op sessions/chats & I was always so impressed at how you & Adam could always get stuff done even under the inhumane condition of me talking constantly along with all the other noise in the house. 

That's quite substantial as far as the last lot of games goes. Definitely an hour or two of experience-enhancing Mahjong in Kiwami 2 to look forward to & I promise that's the last time I'll bring that up but LMK when you're doing it & I can either watch/cheer-on in shareplay or I'll fire up Yakuza 0 & do the Mahjong requirements in solidarity.

80% completion which is close but it's a slow crawl. Might have to speed it up a bit & actually play some of those ps3 & vita games. Thankfully there's still plenty to choose from & still have a fun experience with so I'll be sure to forgo those titles & work on something horrible. 

Also VR leaderboarding, I was feeling 'eh' about it but noticed Kowloon's Gate VR Suzaku got the VR tag back & that made me irrationally happy & renewed my interest. 

Only somewhat trophy related but thanks to the recent sale on the Japanese store I managed to pick up that Virtual On collection as well as Happy Manager Shiawase & the Japanese-Language ps4 imports collection is looking pretty close to complete as far as what I want from it at this stage. 

Cheers brother! Likewise regarding the co-op sessions/chats. Looking forward to some GTA V with you lads.

If people only knew how far you've come with that 80% completion. Even while getting dragged into more co-op stuff, it's still on the rise! You certainly do have some good games in your backlog, plenty of fun to be had during clean up. As for VR Leaderboarding, I don't think I've been so happy to watch a mate overtake me on there and snag that No 1 spot! 

Congrats on the 20k trophy milestone too btw, Mamorukun Curse looks good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Those sessions are some of the most enjoyable moments I've had on the Ps4. So many memories, and I'm sure more to come. 

Can always help you get to 80% by completing stuff like... Dying light? Blood boring? ? And there is many many more. Anyway, let's not hijack D's thread. He has the wolf 2 plat - that makes me jealous! ? 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2021 at 0:37 PM, The Devils Reaper said:

Cheers brother! Likewise regarding the co-op sessions/chats. Looking forward to some GTA V with you lads.

If people only knew how far you've come with that 80% completion. Even while getting dragged into more co-op stuff, it's still on the rise! You certainly do have some good games in your backlog, plenty of fun to be had during clean up. As for VR Leaderboarding, I don't think I've been so happy to watch a mate overtake me on there and snag that No 1 spot! 

Congrats on the 20k trophy milestone too btw, Mamorukun Curse looks good!

The completion is pretty wild, I looked it up & the earliest archive had me at a whopping 39% completion. You fellas are a good bad influence I guess. In many ways I reckon it would be more motivating for the VR stuff if someone I had contempt for was at the top. No rush to swap positions there & it's just as well after yesterday's faux pas of playing those two additional hours of brain beats without realising the plat had popped. One last thing I've gotta throw in an omake section to this reply. Here is the turbo controller that left Mamoru Red Raw after it was done with him. I never would have thought years ago that dusty decrepit POS controller purchased on a whim would end up being so useful:

W3ixQoI.jpg

21 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Those sessions are some of the most enjoyable moments I've had on the Ps4. So many memories, and I'm sure more to come. 

Can always help you get to 80% by completing stuff like... Dying light? Blood boring? 1f602.png And there is many many more. Anyway, let's not hijack D's thread. He has the wolf 2 plat - that makes me jealous! 1f44d.png 

Agree completely & looking forward to more as well! I've been thinking about duping bolter livers lately & we could stand to boost those Resogun levels a bit but yeah I'll stop with the highjacking now haha. Speaking of Mein Leben & the persons of interest noted in the thread in relation to this, I noticed a certain someone has started it while a certain someone else has not. Quite interesting that :)  

• Like 2