Demons poor excuse of a checklist...

5 minutes ago, The Devils Reaper said:

@Copanele Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN ~ Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator ~ Slain: Back from hell

I shall not be held responsible for the fun you will have with these games!

Ok no, I totally want to be blamed for that ? awesome picks my dude! Guilty gear XRd is a blast and even if you won't get hooked by the gameplay (by some miracle), at least the graphics and sick soundtrack will keep you in. Same goes for Slain which is one of the few (ok, maybe the only) 2D platformer that I actually love and recommend xD

As for DMC5, one request: Tag me in as well when you get to it. Unlike fighting games I am actually good at DMC ? I love to see progress in that game!

And lots of fun with Death's Gambit! That game was VERY underwhelming at launch, but it got itself patched and it's actually a very fun experience! Heard the devs plan to launch a monster stand-alone DLC for it, which I kinda am eagerly anticipating!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Devils Reaper said:

So, I thought “fuck it” I’m going to add the biggest batch of games to date, stuff I really want to play that’s either filled with online or challenging trophies. I went from 28 unearned trophies to 1827 in a day, and who knows how long this run is going to take.

Haha - this is fucking awesome man! ??

I look at that task you set yourself on your profile and I don't know whether to shit myself or cop a boner ?

Any other completionist, that would look like a self immolation of Quang Duc proportions... but I know how you do things - when you do it, it feels less like completionist-suicide, and more like watching an athlete settle onto the starter blocks and tense, ready for a sprint!

• Like 2

I’ve been thinking a while to do the exact same thing. Unlocking a trophy from all the games in my backlog, especially the harder ones, before they spend an eternity there. But I’m still too hesitant to do it. I applaud your bravery. ??

DMC 5: This game has bored me to death after having done 7 playthroughs already. The game is great, but the trophy list is terrible. Every time I boot up the game to continue, I just close it immediately when I realize what I still need to do. I don’t want to do another 10 playthroughs! 

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom is a pretty fun game. Also much easier and shorter than the trophy rarities suggests. So enjoy.

Trials of Blood Dragon: You made a mistake here. This game is garbage. ?

Good luck!

• Like 3

How fitting you revive this thread after our crew just started homefront revolution. The parallels to this place (and what's happened in this thread) and the setting in that game is uncanny ? 

Anyway, looking forward to joining you on this journey, as always, on some of these games. Especially destiny 2. What an epic ride that is going to be. How this epic master piece is free, I'll never understand. It's been so far so good. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

KindaSabbath  Trials Rising

Sorry for the random tag dude, and I know I could've just picked this game from one of the boys above, but it was you that made me pick up the Trials series. Your love for this shit was a mad read, on top of you finding it hard to move onto another game after it, so I couldn't pass them up. Mad props on you completing them so quickly as well, impressive! I get the feeling it's gonna take me ages to get used to this series though...

Yoooo, appreciate the shout out! I'm honoured. To be honest - I had no idea so many were keeping an eye on my Trials journey. 

First of all - awesome profile! Massive variety of games, some super nice completions and I really like the extension you've just started laying down!

Now I don't really know you (I'm still pretty new around here) but from having a read through your thread, it seems you have a tonne of respect from people that I have a tonne of respect for. You can add mine to the list in advance.

You've blasted through quite a few games that I will be playing at some point. You have some crazy good games ahead of you, too. I'll be following along your progress. You will smash Trials - I have no doubt. If you need anything you can always tag me in here or drop by my thread. 

Gotta say it though, firing up all those games at once. Mad respect. I saw @Arcesius had started 2 games at the same time over the weekend and thought to myself "fuck man, I don't think I could do that ?" 

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

@yuber1234  Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend ~ Blazblue Centralfiction ~ Catherine: Full body

Same as above in terms of the fighting games, but your checklist is actually the one that made me kick all these off my guy! I did that Blazblue Cross Tag Battle a few years ago but i remember that trophy list being a joke and it all went too quickly, really looking forward to the combo trials in these. Catherine was an interesting one, like what genre would you even put that in? Seeing you smash through it and Copanele complain about it was enough to include this bad boy. Besides, Japanese degeneracy is always a plus and the story looks pretty funny. 

I'm glad I was able to help get you to try BlazBlue! Best fighting game series I've played so far, hands down. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the games, particularly CPE.

As for Catherine... well I'm sure you'll enjoy the story at least. ?

• Like 1

Good to see you've decided to keep going with this account, taking a "fuck it" approach on a 100% profile is pretty brave especially when it comes to online trophies as it could be taken out of your hands any time with a random server closure 

I see you added Tennis World Tour 2, bunch of easy ultra rares as the only real difficulty is trying not to fall asleep as you've got at least 30 to 40 hours of mindless grinding to get enough coins for all the equipment

• Like 1

I really hope it wasn't my initial excitement about Agents of Mayhem that made you go out and purchase a copy? Shame the game hacked me off so much, I couldn't face even mentioning it for a few days. It will be alright to play whilst you listen to podcasts or music though.

I mean it's probably worth what you paid for it, I paid about £5 for a physical copy, and I think that was too much ?...

Fair play for adding all of those new games by the way - that's an incredibly gutsy move, gotta respect that! ?

10 hours ago, Baker said:

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom is a pretty fun game. Also much easier and shorter than the trophy rarities suggests. So enjoy.

I've been hearing the same thing from a lot of people - so I feel like I ought to start this at some point myself. I own it too, it was never the difficulty that was putting me off, just the time sink and the fact I'd heard it can be a little buggy. Glad to see it has your seal of approval though.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I've been hearing the same thing from a lot of people - so I feel like I ought to start this at some point myself. I own it too, it was never the difficulty that was putting me off, just the time sink and the fact I'd heard it can be a little buggy. Glad to see it has your seal of approval though.

Well it’s not a masterpiece or anything. But you’re looking at two playthroughs. And it took me a little bit under 50 hours total.

You also need to beat the game without dying but you can save scum this, although I only died one time in the game. Not counting a secret boss you can fight that took me a couple attempts.

I don’t understand the trophy rarities at all in this game. I’ve played much longer and harder JRPGs that are nowhere near UR.

There is also a good guide on steam for this game. So yeah, give it a go. ??

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baker said:

Well it’s not a masterpiece or anything. But you’re looking at two playthroughs. And it took me a little bit under 50 hours total.

You also need to beat the game without dying but you can save scum this, although I only died one time in the game. Not counting a secret boss you can fight that took me a couple attempts.

I don’t understand the trophy rarities at all in this game. I’ve played much longer and harder JRPGs that are nowhere near UR.

There is also a good guide on steam for this game. So yeah, give it a go. 1f44d-1f3fb.png

I can't really go wrong with advice like that.

50 hours is way more approachable than some of the horror stories I'd heard. I had heard it could take upwards of 150 hours, and whilst I'm fine sinking that kind of time into something I know I'm definitely going to have a great time with, something that was a maybe for that length of time commitment was a bit of a no-no, but even if it's terrible, which I don't think it will be. 50 hours seems much more approachable - so I'll definitely bump that up the list of priorities I think. I'm very glad you mentioned it. I've also heard folk say that, it's one of those games that whilst not perfect, you can see the amount of love and effort that went into making it, and I can always appreciate a game like that.

If I had to make a guess about it's rarity - I'd say it's probably because that game is often sold in a bundle with Seasons after Fall - which, whilst it's a brilliant game, it had practically no level of challenge or length attached to it. So it's possible that people played Shiness afterward and expected a similar game, without really knowing what to expect from it, so that may have been part of the reason the rarity is a little lower than perhaps it should be?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

I was so close… 99.91% completion with only Death Stranding and Unravel Two left to finish up. A grind and a few speedruns away from getting my 100% back… After my third gold medal in Unravel I really started to get a feel for the game and knew it was in the bag. My 4-year plan of crawling back to finish everything up was coming to fruition, and then BOOM! I got this feeling that I’d start cherry-picking once it came to an end, playing it safe and avoiding some great games due to their difficulty or online requirement. So, I thought “fuck it” I’m going to add the biggest batch of games to date, stuff I really want to play that’s either filled with online or challenging trophies. I went from 28 unearned trophies to 1827 in a day, and who knows how long this run is going to take.

Haha, nice! :D The question here is.. does it really matter HOW long it takes? If you decided to add more games to your list instead of retiering... That gotta mean that you have found again some sort of passion for trophy hunting, and that really is a good thing! :D 

@Arcesius  Wuppo ~ Juton ~ Deaths Gambit

Your list is pretty much just filled with insanely challenging stuff man, so I went with ones that I think I may have the ability to complete. I like Wuppo's art style and from what I've read, a lot of love went into it. Juton falls under that too I suppose, seems to have really good reviews across the board, so had to add it. Deaths Gambit was a simple choice once I discovered it was a soulsbourne side scroller, and again, with really good artwork.

Do you really still think there are games out there you don't have the ability to complete? ;) 

But good choices! Wuppo was a pretty fun game, even though as I wrote in my review, it sometimes really does not respect your time. That being said, it is a very unique game that isn't afraid of insulting you, or at least showing you that you are being impatient. I'm sure you'll have a good time with it! 

The artstyle is also Juton's best asset. That one was a fun, yet sometimes frustrating game. It should not cause you too much trouble though. 

As for Death's Gambit... @Copanele and myself wrote the guide for that game, where we each presented our very different builds we used to defeat all Heroic Bosses. Of course it depends on your playstyle, but I would suggest going with the STR-based build by Copa.. I think that build is a bit easier to use :) I enjoyed the game quite a bit, I hope you do as well! 

@KindaSabbath  Trials Rising

Sorry for the random tag dude, and I know I could've just picked this game from one of the boys above, but it was you that made me pick up the Trials series. Your love for this shit was a mad read, on top of you finding it hard to move onto another game after it, so I couldn't pass them up. Mad props on you completing them so quickly as well, impressive! I get the feeling it's gonna take me ages to get used to this series though...

Hell yeah! Always glad to see people taking on Trials.. I hope you keep us updated! And while Trials of the Blood Dragon is a piece of garbage, I hope that Rising will make you fall in love with the series, and that we see you play Fusion eventually as well! 

16 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Gotta say it though, firing up all those games at once. Mad respect. I saw @Arcesius had started 2 games at the same time over the weekend and thought to myself "fuck man, I don't think I could do that ?" 

Hahaha yeah it wasn't easy ? I wanted to play Sine Mora, but after completing the Prologue, somehow all the talk about Trials that has been going on lately made me wanna play that game instead... TotBD doesn't satisfy my thirst for Trials though... One more level to A+ before I can uninstall this piece of shit, and then it's back to Sine Mora! 

The only times where I have 2-3 open games at a time is when I'm playing some coop-stuff as well, but that hasn't been the case lately ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

Nah it was more the $3 price tag, at that price I figured can't be that bad right? 1f602.png

Ah well, gotta get through it now. Quick question regarding the online trophy on doing 15 connected contracts if you don't mind good sir! How far into the game do you have to be to start working on it?

Phew... I was about to feel like a right dickhead if it had been my fault you purchased it.

Ahh a low price point! Looks like we both fell into the same trap then haha ?

Yep - gotta get through it now...... That's been my mantra with it for the last couple of days at least.

Thankfully you can start working on those 15 connected contracts right off the bat. You only have to have contributed in some small way to get the credit for them if they're completed, so you can do a few things as you're playing and hope some other kind soul does the rest for you.

You might find they don't bother though, so you'll end up having to do a lot of them yourself, which is a bit of a pain. the annoying thing is you can't really track how many you've done - I'd guess I'd have to be fairly close to 15 myself, but I have no idea, especially as I'd heard they can be a little buggy, and actually unlock at 16 or 17, but there's a really thorough guide on trueachievements for it, that will let you know the best places to quickly do some of the challenge requirements - so there are ways to make it go by a little faster.

All I can say really is good luck! Try and have as much fun as you can with it, however tough that might be.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

Who wants a boring-ass 99% profile playing it safe while only running 1 game at a time, am I right @Deadly_Ha_Ha?

From one completionist to another - I can't help but fuck with you guys.

Hey. 

I know you weren't talking to me here (though it can still be applied) if you're going to criticize someone's account like that, I think it might be worth offering your metrics. He works a lot and we're playing Armored Core: Verdict Day together. Sometimes we can hardly get an hour in because of how busy he is. 

Right now, he is playing a game that has less than 100 plat achievers and has an uncertain future for online stability (last time FromSoftware spoke about Verdict Day's servers was in 2017). I know you were only trying to make a joke, but look at that game compared to the others he's played. He's taking a risk; and it's even riskier when you consider the little time. 

This just seemed like you were trying to demean him for committing to something. I know that may not have been your intention, but it's how it came across. 

12 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Ahh a low price point! Looks like we both fell into the same trap then haha 1f602.png

Yep - gotta get through it now...... That's been my mantra with it for the last couple of days at least.

Thankfully you can start working on those 15 connected contracts right off the bat. You only have to have contributed in some small way to get the credit for them if they're completed, so you can do a few things as you're playing and hope some other kind soul does the rest for you.

You might find they don't bother though, so you'll end up having to do a lot of them yourself, which is a bit of a pain. the annoying thing is you can't really track how many you've done - I'd guess I'd have to be fairly close to 15 myself, but I have no idea, especially as I'd heard they can be a little buggy, and actually unlock at 16 or 17, but there's a really thorough guide on trueachievements for it, that will let you know the best places to quickly do some of the challenge requirements - so there are ways to make it go by a little faster.

All I can say really is good luck! Try and have as much fun as you can with it, however tough that might be.

We sure did ?

Thanks for the intel mate, that trophy sounds like a pain tbh. Good to know I can get started on it right away though. I'm hoping me being a simple man will be enough to get through this disappointment! 

2 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Hey. 

I know you weren't talking to me here (though it can still be applied) if you're going to criticize someone's account like that, I think it might be worth offering your metrics. He works a lot and we're playing Armored Core: Verdict Day together. Sometimes we can hardly get an hour in because of how busy he is. 

Right now, he is playing a game that has less than 100 plat achievers and has an uncertain future for online stability (last time FromSoftware spoke about Verdict Day's servers was in 2017). I know you were only trying to make a joke, but look at that game compared to the others he's played. He's taking a risk; and it's even riskier when you consider the little time. 

This just seemed like you were trying to demean him for committing to something. I know that may not have been your intention, but it's how it came across. 

Jesus Christ :facepalm:

It was a joke my dude!

Half the people I was addressing have profiles sitting at 99%, myself included up until only a couple of days ago. So the joke was on me... I mean who would be stupid enough to add all the stuff I did in one go? No one because there's no logic behind it, hence the joke.

My deepest apologies if I offended you or your partner @Deadly_Ha_Ha You both have adorable profiles!

1 hour ago, The Devils Reaper said:

Jesus Christ 

It was a joke my dude!

Half the people I was addressing have profiles sitting at 99%, myself included up until only a couple of days ago. So the joke was on me... I mean who would be stupid enough to add all the stuff I did in one go? No one because there's no logic behind it, hence the joke.

Well, you didn't offend me. Actually, I'm a little perplexed as to why you're responding in this way. 

You tagged him out of the blue. He wasn't part of the dialogue. Judging by his response, he wasn't offended either -- it just seemed really odd. It was very nonsensical. Like you tagged someone just to mock their approach. 

What you do what with that is up to you; I'm just informing you of how it came across. 

EDIT: You even brought up my account; which also wasn't a part of the dialogue. I don't know man, I'm not sure why you're saying all of these things. It's very queer.

Edited by CelestialRequiem