Demons poor excuse of a checklist...

Very nice going with RDR 2 & IIRC Deadpool is a bit expensive now so that's gotta be nice to have sorted. Last night I saw someone come in & say some stuff & It seemed like that person was talking from experience rather than throwing around accusations. At least that's what it looked to me at quarter to twelve in a state barely fit to read the screen. Looks like they snitched on themselves in a post, & then proceeded to snitch on that very post. Ya know my old bandmate actually had schizophrenia & he never did anything as out there as that. After seeing that post from last night, I'm even prouder of old mate than I was before!  

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@The Devils Reaper - just wanted to say, I really hope you reconsider, and don’t stop posting here. The site is better for your input and positivity - moderation issues notwithstanding. 1f44d.png

Appreciate that mate, thank you. I’m planning on leaving a final comment on a few checklists before I depart but will most likely leave it at that. You in particular though. I still can’t get over an Author, Father, and trophy hunter with a kick-ass profile exists on this site. It honestly blows my mind, not just with how lucky this place is to have you, but how fair you can be with people that (let's be honest) deserve a backhand with some of the shit they post.

Best of luck with your trilogy - Splinters: The Divine Revolution - I'll certainly be picking it up!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

In terms of quality, it would have to be one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. Being a fan of all genres, I normally try and get through my games by their year of release. Starting with launch titles, then moving onto remasters etc. While that may sound a bit unorthodox, I’ve always had this expectation of “newer is better”. Ridiculous I know, given the amount shit that’s been released over the past few years, but the point I’m trying to make is this style of play usually results in very generous reviews on my part when I jump the gun by spoiling myself with a more current/mainstream AAA blockbuster. Sorry for the minor tangent, I just wanted to make it clear as to why I rate games like this so highly!

As for the online, I went the collector role and it took me 3 x 10 hour sessions to get to level 50 after I had done all the other online trophies. I chose that route because I was so captivated by all the scenery, sound, and calming/therapeutic atmosphere. This is also why it took me roughly 10 hours to grab all the collectibles per day. You could probably do it in half that time if you speed run it. I'm sure it took a hell of a lot longer back when you got it all done.

Nice work on SMB with recently getting Zombie Boy mate! You're closing in on the plat!

I see. Like I mentioned some posts earlier, you have some nice diversity when it comes to genres. I’m glad you enjoyed RDR2 that much, I did too and tbh the grind while there’s a lot of it trophy wise - not that bad if you manage it right. Single player you can do it at a moderate pace while enjoying the story- and side missions so you don’t have to do it all post-game. Like you I could’ve gotten the plat in less time if I just rushed it, but I couldn’t do it with such an experience like RDR2.

The online while not the best online mode at the time was still fun if you played it with a friends (I did at least), the exp would come along while just enjoying the ride. How was your experience with the roles, was it fun? I haven’t touched the online mode since plat lol. 

I’m also trying to branch out a bit in genres, now that you’ve mentioned SMB which is a perfect example. I don’t play platformers really and it’s the first 2D platformer I’ve played in a very very long time. 

With that being said, I don’t know what’s been going on in this thread but I for one and I think others might feel the same - hope that you stick around a little longer. I have only posted on 3 peoples checklists and you’re one of them. Really like the way you’ve approached yours with the goals. I mean 1000 games - 1000 URs and 100% completion? Most people would climb Mount Everest before they decide that they want to achieve that. Keep doing your thing mate! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

So...

@DaivRules You delete my response when I thanked him for his compliment, but ignore the posts that are naming and shaming him? I found that pretty funny after reading your very own guideline rule No 4 “Don’t name and shame”

Then you went on with some remarks towards @Baker121 about his feelings being hurt after removing his post? It was appalling to see you resort to that behavior for simply being called out on poor moderation.

No different to how @Beyondthegrave07 removed other posts that were showing me support, including ones with me simply thanking members for their kind words. Then had the nerve to send me a PM stating “I really don’t think I need to tell you this” proceeding with a bunch of nonsense about warning points and believing I have “bad blood” with someone that I was just trying to compliment because I genuinely felt sorry for them.

Let me fill you in on something.

I (along with many others) suffer mentally, but I don’t go around shouting it to the world because I feel extremely uncomfortable sharing such personal information on a site like this, especially with moderators like yourselves. You don’t know shit about me, what I’ve been through or why I game 12 hours a day, and certainly don’t know why it’s the only thing keeping me alive. The support I get in my thread means a lot to me and gives me the confidence in continuing to achieve the difficult goals I set out for myself. That support being removed puts me in a dark place. This is also why I’m so complimentary towards everyone because it’s a nice feeling when somebody notices your achievements, but deleting my posts when I’m thanking people for congratulating me on my profile?

You guys are unbelievable… The last page of my thread doesn’t even make any sense now due to being moderated so poorly, there’s no context. Look, apart from finishing up this checklist, I’ve decided to not even bother posting in these forums anymore so could you at least restore my thread to how it was, please? Because you’ve not only ruined my checklist but me along with it.

To think this all started over you defending a member that posts nothing but garbage and has a dozen alt accounts used to boost his own rep points...

I saw the beginning of what happened here but I didn't see what followed. I should've spoken out earlier and I'm sorry I didn't.

I can totally see why you'd be upset, but remember that this is the internet, and any time someone bullies you (for lack of a better term), that's some coward who would never do it to someone's face. The same kind of person who flips you off in traffic from the safety of their car.

You've probably been on PSNP longer than I have, but from what I've seen, 90+% of the people are friendly. If you go on GameFAQs for example, you'll get a rude remark just for asking where to find a collectable or something. If you go on Facebook, it's just the left and the right shitting on each other for things neither of them understand. I don't think you're going to find a nicer community online, so I think you should reconsider leaving.

It sucks that the mods didn't handle it well, but you did get a lot of people taking your side, and from what I saw, the guy bothering you got literally zero support from the community.

• Like 3

Congrats on your upcoming retirement, I have to say this as you fired at me heaps but " I can't believe the shit you talk " I reckon you can respect that. This thread is a great way to go out, I am surprised you softened your position though. Still its your retirement so why not. Not sure what your plans are post this account ( and don't worry I ain't anglin for a friend request ) but I do hope you can continue to find much enjoyment from gaming. Goodluck and Godspeed. 

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The issue is not the lack of community support, it’s the lack of Mod support.

The troll poster ( who is known to the site btw - they only joined 18 months ago, have a massive rep count inflated by their own alt accounts, and uses the site to do nothing more than spam rainbow-text ‘updates’, fake milestones, accuse other players of cheating without evidence, and generally make a tit of themselves), yet the mod team essentially took their side.

They helped them achieve their aim: to derail and diminish this thread, and the OP.

Well, job done, since the thread has been rendered senseless, and another good site user has all but given up on the site.

I don’t envy the Mods jobs, and think they do an alright job most of the time, but in this instance, they couldn’t find a map with a fucking map.

There are known, regular trolls in residence on this site - 7 of them by my count.
Only 7 - a tiny fraction of the user base - but every time another user leaves as a result of them, that fraction grows in size.

It’s depressing.

Ah damn, I'm out of rep points lol.

I know who the troll poster is; I think everyone on PSNP does. Prior to what I saw here, I thought he was weird, but I didn't know about most of that other stuff.

I really wish I checked back here to see what happened past that initial post, and I feel pretty bad that I didn't say anything. I agree that this situation is depressing, and I really hope @The Devils Reaper sticks around.

• Like 4

It’s sad if you decide to leave but I understand where you’re coming from. I thought about leaving myself many times but I always sticked around for a couple of reasons.

One is I’ve met a lot of good people on this site, people to play coop with, to talk about games with, people that have the same interests as me.

Two is I like helping people who have questions about games. I’ve been gaming for so long that I know quite a lot of things about many games and whenever there is a question I can help out with I try to do so.

Three, it works the other way around too. If I have questions about games that are not found on the internet I go here, as there is always someone that will help me out.

These three things are more important to me than the occasional drama and trolling going on. All in all this community can be great. 

Edited by Baker121
  • Like 3

I'm in favour of restoring posts & context in here. The vast majority of what I saw (including the brief colour-bombs) was light-hearted & not all that malicious. Perhaps the troll post might have come across as malicious but no one was taking those posts or that person seriously. The vibe in general was very chill & welcoming with a lot of bonus humour. 

I'd also advocate for the restoration of the SMB mega-quote special @DrBloodmoney posted a while back. That did not deserve to become ephemera! It was one of the best posts I've ever seen here. I was able to just describe it to people who hadn't seen it & they got a laugh. It too was light-hearted & didn't even come close to being malicious. 

The only thing that needs removal here imo are the people who report such trivial stuff. Those are the true trolls & they're absolutely killing it :(

• Like 3

wow!  i'm guessing the op reported the post for abuse well the sad thing is they posted without a membership, without a prior post, with a hidden profile and accused a account of cheating out of jealousy for the account i'd say.  As far as i'm concerned they deserve all the crap people were willing to give them.  As far as mods are concerned I appreciate the time they take but through no fault of their own ownership should probably limit their terms of power.  limited terms means limited potential for abuse. When i see the same people handling forum disputes for cheating as were there 5 years ago it makes you wonder if maybe perhaps they like it too much.  I see lots of debate in forum disputes and to me debate is uncertainty.  For removal there should be 0 uncertainty. 100% should be based on fact and with facts there is usually little to no debate. I know nobody who has been removed and have never been in dispute myself it's just a outside observation.  I'd rather see a cheater or two squeak by with a game than see a non cheater banned without merit.  

Also none of us paid a fortune to be a member to this site but if you add what we all paid together its a lot.   We should  have preferential treatment over non-members who are trolling and making absurd assumptions.  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

i'm guessing the op reported the post for abuse

Cheers for the support mate, but I just need to make one thing clear... I've never reported anyone on this site for anything. 

5 hours ago, Atoya said:

good luck to you man, but don’t leave!

we need more people like you for this community to be better.

Have a great day!

Appreciate the kind words my friend, means a lot!

5 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

I should've spoken out earlier and I'm sorry I didn't.

No need to apologize, you showing support is all I need and I can't thank you enough for that.

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The issue is not the lack of community support, it’s the lack of Mod support.

The troll poster ( who is known to the site btw - they only joined 18 months ago, have a massive rep count inflated by their own alt accounts, and uses the site to do nothing more than spam rainbow-text ‘updates’, fake milestones, accuse other players of cheating without evidence, and generally make a tit of themselves), yet the mod team essentially took their side.

They helped them achieve their aim: to derail and diminish this thread, and the OP.

Well, job done, since the thread has been rendered senseless, and another good site user has all but given up on the site.

I don’t envy the Mods jobs, and think they do an alright job most of the time, but in this instance, they couldn’t find a map with a fucking map.

There are known, regular trolls in residence on this site - 7 of them by my count.
Only 7 - a tiny fraction of the user base - but every time another user leaves as a result of them, that fraction grows in size.

It’s depressing.

I wish I had your way with words... As always, thank you.

@adam1984123 @Drag-On-Detritus You guys are my brothers from other mothers so no point addressing anything, love you lads to death <3 

Edited by The Devils Reaper
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, The Devils Reaper said:

Cheers for the support mate, but I just need to make one thing clear... I've never reported anyone on this site for anything. 

Appreciate the kind words my friend, means a lot!

No need to apologize, you showing support is all I need and I can't thank you enough for that.

I wish I had your way with words... As always, thank you.

@adam1984123 @Drag-On-Detritus You guys are my brothers from other mothers so no point addressing anything, love you lads to death <3 

I was clearly speaking of the ultimate flame guy as the op.  sorry for the confusion i was assuming he reported the comments that were removed and this why they were removed

Edited by steel6burgh

40 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

@adam1984123 @Copanele @DrBloodmoney I can definitively say that the account UltimateFlame24 is not an alt of who you have accused and that separate issue is being addressed. The member this does appear to be an alt of is very interesting though.

Interesting to say the least. 

All those other accounts I listed that are used for rep farming and the like, you can almost guarantee are his. 

I can think of one other person this is most likely to be. However, I do believe you guys should always name and shame these trolls that use alts; rather than deal with it behind the scenes. If people are called out public for the idiots that they are, they are probably less inclined to behave the way they do. Or, they will leave the site and make it an overall better experience for everyone. 

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 3

Just now, adam1984123 said:

Interesting to say the least. 

All those other accounts I listed thought that are used for rep farming and the like, you can almost guarantee are his. 

I can think of one other person this is most likely to be. However, I do believe you guys should always name and shame these trolls that use alts; rather than deal with it behind the scenes. If people are called out public for the idiots that they are, they are probably less inclined to behave the way they do. Or, they will leave the site and make it an overall better experience for everyone. 

The rep farming is a separate issue and is being dealt with. 

But the issue is now this thread essentially mobbed someone for a post they didn’t make. How should this be dealt with?

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The rep farming is a separate issue and is being dealt with. 

But the issue is now this thread essentially mobbed someone for a post they didn’t make. How should this be dealt with?

Don't really care what you do mate. I called him out, so you can ban me from the site if you wish. The original posts that your colleague deleted from this thread were instigated by him sticking his nose in and trolling anyway so as far as I am concerned he gets everything that comes his way. I'm always going to stick up for a mate and call out this kind of garbage. 

The real issue is if this is a separate user of this site trolling on alt, you should call them out for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

In fairness - the most that anyone has really “mobbed” the user in question about is rep farming and using alt accounts.

While the post that instigated the “mobbing” may not, in fact, be one of their alt accounts, the actual activities they are being called out for are ones they are engaging in - so really, there is no issue.

The ignition point might not be identified correctly, but the fire is only able to burn because the user in question had spread so much gasoline all around in the first place.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

I mostly lurk but just want to say it's a real shame that you've decided to stop posting here, was enjoying this thread until it unfortunately got derailed 

Good luck with the rest of your progress towards your goals, your account is very impressive 

31 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

troll wins again.

Out of rep points yet again, but as Kevao97 has pointed out, the troll will win if you leave. I ask you one more time to reconsider.

One asshole trolled you, and a lot of people took your side and it backfired on him. I know this checklist got derailed and that upsets me as I have a checklist myself that I'm passionate about. If you stick around, we can get this checklist back on track. Hell, I'll start checking it out this time around.

EDIT: I'm following you now. I'm really hoping that I'm going to see more updates to this checklist :)

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1