Demons poor excuse of a checklist...

Hey man, 

Thanks for the tag, I really enjoyed keeping up with what you started here. And just let me say that I agree with some of the people that wrote before me: it would be a real shame if you decided to leave for good. The situation got a bit out of hand, and was of course accentuated due to questionable moderation. Let's.. not revisit what happened, there have been enough posts and enough drama. Just a shame that a discussion like this one has to be had in a personal checklist.

But as you noticed, you have quite a few people that have your back, and if you decide to continue at least with your checklist (even if you decide not to post anywhere else on the forums), be assured that we'd continue to follow you towards your awesome goal :) 

But if you still decide to leave.. Just let me wish all the best to you. Take care, and hopefully see you around some other time! 

• Like 2

We've never interacted, so I apologise if this seems odd or further derails your thread. I just wanted to send some support and positivity your way. I have read plenty of your posts in this thread though and they are always a great read. It's always nice to see someone working towards a big goal like that.

I've only really started actively posting on the forums in the last few months, but I've found it an incredibly welcoming place. So thank you to everyone for that. But this isn't about me.. I want you to know - and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has or will mention this. On the previous page, you mentioned about how you are always nice and complimentary to people, because you appreciated the support, that resonated with me a lot. Honestly, thank you. Thank you for just being nice.. I know that seems like a cop-out thing to say, but kindness literally costs nothing, so it's truly commendable for going out of your way to interact with people in a nice and respectful manner. It's easy enough to hide behind a keyboard, but even on a digital platform words have consequences. The outpouring of support, should tell you that the words you chose to use, have been the right ones.  The brightest day for us, might be the darkest day for someone else, so I think we should all go out of our way to be a little nicer.when we can.

I'd like to echo @Arcesius'  and everyone else's sentiments too - (I won't tag everyone I should, otherwise it will turn into a giant block of blue) and say that if you do leave (I hope you don't) that I wish you all the best. Good luck with your goals, I hope it ends up being an incredibly enjoyable journey, that hopefully we all get to read about.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 3

That’s unfortunate, I don’t think we ever interacted if memory serves,  but your journey to a better completion rate and 1,000 Ultra Rares inspired me, DLCs notwithstanding to do the same and better my profile, as soon as I got some more time. It’s the kind of stories I’m most fond of, fictional or otherwise, the resolve to never look back, facing a titanic objective, as, after all, 974 games are no joke and then, slowly, but surely you achieve it.

Regardless of what you’ll do after your discussion with the other user, you’re very close to your objective  at this point, so, good luck for your final stretch.

• Like 1

This just made my heart break a little. 

I can’t say I was all too sympathetic towards you @The Devils Reaper especially when you were offering sarcasm my way starting a couple years back. But now, after hearing your massive rant on how these forums are being handled, I have to say I’ve been a bit of an ass. 

I’m just going to say we lost a lot of good people. People whom I had friendly conversations no longer come here anymore, no so much they just moved on, but because they grew tired of the general attitude. 

In your shoes, I would just leave. You commented me on my Surgeon Simulator platinum so you definitely related in some way. 

Kinda wish this turned out differently, but that’s life. Eventually we have to move on.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3

On 27.06.2021 at 6:47 PM, The Devils Reaper said:

For everyone else that came along for the ride, thank you for your support, it meant the world to me!

Don't stress too much about it man, what did you expect from the mods out here? I'm not allowed to visit a certain profile because the person feels threatened by me giving them a rep from time to time XD. Nothing shocking here to see.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Don't stress too much about it man, what did you expect from the mods out here? I'm not allowed to visit a certain profile because the person feels threatened by me giving them a rep from time to time XD. Nothing shocking here to see.

one of the reasons I don't see the point in paying for a Premium subscription

On 6/27/2021 at 3:48 AM, The Devils Reaper said:

So...

@DaivRules You delete my response when I thanked him for his compliment, but ignore the posts that are naming and shaming him? I found that pretty funny after reading your very own guideline rule No 4 “Don’t name and shame”

Then you went on with some remarks towards @Baker121 about his feelings being hurt after removing his post? It was appalling to see you resort to that behavior for simply being called out on poor moderation.

No different to how @Beyondthegrave07 removed other posts that were showing me support, including ones with me simply thanking members for their kind words. Then had the nerve to send me a PM stating “I really don’t think I need to tell you this” proceeding with a bunch of nonsense about warning points and believing I have “bad blood” with someone that I was just trying to compliment because I genuinely felt sorry for them.

Let me fill you in on something.

I (along with many others) suffer mentally, but I don’t go around shouting it to the world because I feel extremely uncomfortable sharing such personal information on a site like this, especially with moderators like yourselves. You don’t know shit about me, what I’ve been through or why I game 12 hours a day, and certainly don’t know why it’s the only thing keeping me alive. The support I get in my thread means a lot to me and gives me the confidence in continuing to achieve the difficult goals I set out for myself. That support being removed puts me in a dark place. This is also why I’m so complimentary towards everyone because it’s a nice feeling when somebody notices your achievements, but deleting my posts when I’m thanking people for congratulating me on my profile?

You guys are unbelievable… The last page of my thread doesn’t even make any sense now due to being moderated so poorly, there’s no context. Look, apart from finishing up this checklist, I’ve decided to not even bother posting in these forums anymore so could you at least restore my thread to how it was, please? Because you’ve not only ruined my checklist but me along with it.

To think this all started over you defending a member that posts nothing but garbage and has a dozen alt accounts used to boost his own rep points...

I don't know what happened. However, I empathize with the people who suffer mentally from experiences in life that have traumatized them. I don't feel comfortable sharing personal information about myself anymore due to the lack of trust with others. Especially since I still suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (among other things) after being falsely accused by my "friends" of something terrible in 2018. My anxiety is now easily triggered by things that you (not you specifically) would probably least expect such as words that remind me of the trauma. Regardless, I want you to do what helps you the most in every aspect of life (especially mentally speaking) even if that includes not visiting PSNProfiles. Congratulations on all of your milestones!

Edited by notandrebraun
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's definitely an annoying one. With my free time gradually slipping away as I grow older, I might just pick up the oldschool Devil May Cry collection and be done with it. Devil May Cry V just looks complete badass, but my backlog is already bursting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 5:13 AM, The Devils Reaper said:

If only I could find the words to express my gratitude for all the kindness and support from everyone on here, it means a lot and I cant thank you enough!

@notandrebraun I’m sorry to hear about what you went through mate. Traumatic experiences can change you forever and I know how hard it can be to get life back on track. I’ll PM you shortly.

To all providing reassurance that everyone is siding with me and that I shouldn’t let the trolls win, I just want to let you know this drama never had anything to do with lack of support or trolls. This is a great community and the trolls can be a nice form of entertainment. It simply came down to poor moderation on this site, nothing more.

Speaking of which…

To whoever locked my thread,

If you’re too spineless to address what I wrote earlier simply asking for restoration of posts between me and other members complimenting each other’s achievements, the least you could do is not lock my thread. It’s one thing to ignore my comment regarding your actions putting me in a dark place, but another to shut off any further support from members on here.

I didn't lock your thread, but I wasn't against the decision either since you "left the site." I went back and restored some of the posts that were supporting you, but took out the off-topic banter that originally aided in derailing the thread entirely. The rest of the stuff currently hidden is just derailed nonsense and drama now. Nothing that's really supportive or constructive to your checklist.

Anyways, I'll see my way out now. ✌️

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Devils Reaper said:

and have also reached my second milestone - 1000 Ultra Rares. I know it’s nothing special as there are many trophy hunters on here with far more, but it’s a number I never thought I’d reach.

Congrats man it's impressive ! 

I don't have any numbers, but i don't think there is a lot of people over 1000 UR trophies ! 

When i see all those "top" players with over 1000 platinums but close to no UR trophies.. i have more respect for your 1000 UR than for the 1000 easy platinums ^^

(obviously we (almost) all do easy platinums ... but just not only easy ones ^^)

Good luck for the 100% completion ! (you are lucky to still being able to get it ;))

• Like 1

Damn, thanks for the shout! 1000 UR is absolutely staggering. As someone who surprised myself when I managed to get ten ultra rares, believe me when I say your accomplishment is indeed something special. Congrats, and i look forward to perusing your checklist?

• Like 1

@The Devils Reaper Congratulations on reaching your goals, I wish you every success in your future goals and aspirations. There's no doubt a ton of games I would love to play from your list, sadly I won't have the time or energy to play them all, unless you can find a way to copy me in two. I appreciate the shout-out/support and I'm looking forward to reading/commenting on your future projects! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the shout out!! Much appreciated. I meant to comment on this sooner, but I sort of forgot. My bad obviously.  Also,super congratulations on those 1000 ultra rare trophies. That's very impressive, I'm an insanely long way off of that. Although strictly speaking that isn't my goal, I just kind of go with the flow and play whatever I feel like, if I pick up ultra rares along the way great, if I don't - I've usually still had a great time. I did make a semi arbitrary goal in my own thread to try and get 300UR's and 1000VR's by the end of the year. But I doubt that's likely to happen unless I decided to exclusively play Star Ocean for the rest of the year ? who knows, I'm closing in on the 1000 a little bit haha. 

I'm really happy to see that all of this seems to have reignited your love for trophy hunting. That's really awesome to hear. I'll really be just echoing what others have been saying, but you've got some incredible gaming achievements to your name, you should absolutely be proud of.  So it will be awesome to hear about any more that you decide to pursue in the future. I look forward to reading about them. Good luck with your remaining goals.

Looks like you've got the concise reviewing thing down. I can't exactly speak for @DrBloodmoney - but at this rate, the amount we seem to write in our respective reviews, we'll probably have carpel tunnel syndrome before the year is out. ?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Huge congratulations on a thousand URs! I'm only halfway through this accomplishment, and I think it's unlikely to ever achieve such a feat due to my lack of energy for gaming recently, however it's always very pleasant to come across profiles that have achieved such greatness! Hats off to you, sir!

Also, a thousand S-ranked games will be something absolutely legendary and worthy of maximum respect, eager for your success

5 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

All good mate, they're all just numbers in the end. As long as we're having fun is all that matters. Sorry for the late reply btw, just lost a bit of interest since this thread turned into a circus. As for the write-ups, being concise is one way of putting it 1f602.png nonexistent is another.. I'm a fairly passionate gamer, so I'm quite vocal when it comes to my opinions about games (in particular their story) but my humor turned out to be a bit much for this place, so I decided to pull the plug. You and @DrBloodmoney on the other hand, are the godfathers of write-ups. English isn't my strong suit, so I'm in nothing but awe when I read what you guys have to say on here, very articulate. On top of all that, both of you have impressive profiles!

Mate - you give me too much credit, and yourself far too little.

Your write ups were a joy, and following along with a profile on the level of yours was always a pleasure.

I certainly hope you’ll be back from your retirement - at least for a review of Dishono(u)red - we talked so much about it before, you gotta give me closure on that one!

Seeing you finish up The Surge, and not getting to hear your thoughts on the game was a sad moment! 

I know you gotta do you, but I live in hope you’ll bring your positivity and sense of humo(u)r ? back to this site in full force at some point!

Take ‘er easy man ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

All good mate, they're all just numbers in the end. As long as we're having fun is all that matters. Sorry for the late reply btw, just lost a bit of interest since this thread turned into a circus. As for the write-ups, being concise is one way of putting it 1f602.png nonexistent is another.. I'm a fairly passionate gamer, so I'm quite vocal when it comes to my opinions about games (in particular their story) but my humor turned out to be a bit much for this place, so I decided to pull the plug. You and @DrBloodmoney on the other hand, are the godfathers of write-ups. English isn't my strong suit, so I'm in nothing but awe when I read what you guys have to say on here, very articulate. On top of all that, both of you have impressive profiles!

I can't exactly blame you for losing a bit of interest after all that went on (sorry to bring it up again) I feel like I'd be the same if that happened to me. I do hope you become a bit more active again, but if you don't I can totally understand why. It was awesome to read your progress. It's refreshing to see someone setting out a goal, and then absolutely striving for it.

Much like DrBloodmoney, I used to really enjoy the humour in your write ups - nothing wrong with voicing your opinions about a game or its story, I mean I've expressed plenty of unpopular gaming opinions over the past couple of months - whenever I review Uncharted 4 that's going to open up a big can of unpopular opinion flavoured worms ?... I can see it from here.

Thank you for the kind words - I don't know about godfather of write ups..... I think you're giving me far too much credit too.  I very much appreciate the sentiment, I really do. But in my case, godfather of rambling is probably far more appropriate! ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Devils Reaper said:

Cheers dude 1f37b.png I was about to ask what juicy speedruns you've got planned but saw your recent 'Chivalry' run.. crazy time..  well done 1f64c.png 

What's next?

Thanks a ton!! ?

And I plan on doing BioShock 2 (JP stack) for PS4, Dead Space 2, and Dead Space 3 very soon. Have to put the speedruns on hold for a bit with no power from Hurricane Ida, but I’ll get there soon. ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...