Knives Out Trophy

So I am about to attempt the Knives out trophy with the Karambit knife. I know that at certain locations you are required to use weapons and have read up about a few tricks do deal with certain situations.

However I was wondering - can you use the Flashbangs to stun enemies with the Grenade Launcher or will this void the trophy ? I think you are only not allowed to damage enemies with firearms but technically flashbangs only stun and don't damage right ? It would be extremely helpful if I could simply stun enemies and run past them (especially in the factory)

18 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

So I am about to attempt the Knives out trophy with the Karambit knife. I know that at certain locations you are required to use weapons and have read up about a few tricks do deal with certain situations.

However I was wondering - can you use the Flashbangs to stun enemies with the Grenade Launcher or will this void the trophy ? I think you are only not allowed to damage enemies with firearms but technically flashbangs only stun and don't damage right ? It would be extremely helpful if I could simply stun enemies and run past them (especially in the factory)

I'm almost certain that flashbangs will void the trophy. You can check in the challenge menu for knives out, if it says anything other than zero restart checkpoint or reload your earliest save.

As for flashbangs not damaging enemies, I don't think that's true as you can kill birds with them. So they have to do at least a little bit of damage.

Also, I haven't seen this anywhere,

Spoiler

but at the end of the Miranda fight they're 2 "on rails" sections where it tells you to press R2 to shoot. The first section where she makes a giant fireball is where you're allowed to use a firearm. After she still has you pinned you must switch back to the knife.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I'm almost certain that flashbangs will void the trophy. You can check in the challenge menu for knives out, if it says anything other than zero restart checkpoint or reload your earliest save.

As for flashbangs not damaging enemies, I don't think that's true as you can kill birds with them. So they have to do at least a little bit of damage.

Hide contents

but at the end of the Miranda fight they're 2 "on rails" sections where it tells you to press R2 to shoot. The first section where she makes a giant fireball is where you're allowed to use a firearm. After she still has you pinned you must switch back to the knife.

Thats wrong m8, you DONT have to switch back to the knife!! 

I have no idea where that came from, but ive popped the trophy twice now, using the pistol for the whole end sequence both times!! 

TC, you CANT use flashes, I tested a while back BUT, you can use explosive barrels which is a GREAT help, especially on Moreau fight as there is 3

11 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thats wrong m8, you DONT have to switch back to the knife!! 

I have no idea where that came from, but ive popped the trophy twice now, using the pistol for the whole end sequence both times!! 

TC, you CANT use flashes, I tested a while back BUT, you can use explosive barrels which is a GREAT help, especially on Moreau fight as there is 3

That’s strange because when I killed her I checked the challenged before seeing the end credits and it said 1. So I don’t know if I missed or what. 

3 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Instead of just saying it’s easy I’ll tell you how it can be easier.

For Chris’s section during the boss fight he seems to have a blind spot. Some would say to go for the right leg or arm. But go for the right foot. Crouching down and saying at the side of his right foot, the boss won’t be able to hit you no matter which attack he does. Other than the one where he pounces on you of course. 

It still takes about 10 minutes but you are going to kill him. Don’t be me and think that the air strike is mandatory. It isn’t and will count toward using a weapon and will void the trophy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

Hide contents

You're supposed to stab the vines that ensnare you. You can shoot the ball above her, but it's better to try to knife the roots.

49 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

That’s strange because when I killed her I checked the challenged before seeing the end credits and it said 1. So I don’t know if I missed or what. 

Really weird, I did the same and it was at zero, I checked b4 I began shooting to make sure as well. Ive done twice now though so cant have been a fluke

Had you checked before make sure you hadnt accidently hit her while shooting the orbs throughout the main fight?? 

I may have to play with it it some more

You dont need to shoot those orbs btw, Ethan can take it ;), with the upgrades anyway

Edited by Optinooby

27 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Instead of just saying it’s easy I’ll tell you how it can be easier.

For Chris’s section during the boss fight he seems to have a blind spot. Some would say to go for the right leg or arm. But go for the right foot. Crouching down and saying at the side of his right foot, the boss won’t be able to hit you no matter which attack he doesn’t. Other than the one where he pounces on you of course. 

It still takes about 10 minutes but you are going to kill him. Don’t be me and think that the air strike is mandatory. It isn’t and will count toward using a weapon and will void the trophy. 

Or you can just hit the fleshy part of his left knee, he goes down in about 3 minutes or so that way.

Edited by TrophyClipsYT

27 minutes ago, Dr_Rwede said:

You're supposed to stab the vines that ensnare you. You can shoot the ball above her, but it's better to try to knife the roots

What I did was shoot her once with an explosive shot from the grenade launcher then used the light saber on her directly. 

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Had you checked before make sure you hadnt accidently hit her while shotting the orbs throughout the main fight?? 

Quite sure I don’t have any quick slots with weapons for accidentally shooting. So I don’t know where that one shot came from. 

maybe the splash damage hit something else that wasn’t her and it registered as a shot?