Village of Shadow Cheeses I’ve found

In the Lycan ambush I went back into the building where you originally start the ambush and Ethan says is it finally over. I went upstairs and funneled each Lycan one at a time with the infinite grenade launcher. Just monitor the upstairs window and make sure it doesn’t break and eventually the cutscene will start. 

Lady D. Boss fight, up the stairs in the first corner where the ammo is do not leave that awning. She is unable to hit with bugs and she was unable to bite me. I used the infinite dragoon and it melted her to the end cutscene quickly but be careful at the top when she bites at you in closed quarters, got it first try with this method. Hope these help!

For the lycan attack what I did was drop down the hole in the floor inside the house with the 2 lycans on the roof and just sat down there and killed them as they fell down the hole. There is an armored lycan behind you so make sure to kill it first before setting up camp. You need to leave the crawl space and go outside to trigger the attack ending.

I used the wolfsbane for nearly the entire game on Village of Shadows, it does not have as much ammo or stopping power as the S.T.A.K.E., but it still kills lesser enemies in one hit, bosses, mini-bosses, and Soldats in a couple. If you can't afford the second magnum, use Wolfsbane. While they are not cheeses, here are some of the things I remembered:

For the Lycan ambush, hide in the shed, block the door, and stay on the stairs.

• I shot the Lycan trying to destroy the window upstairs, and the window was left intact for the rest of the 
  • If you stay on the stairs, the Lycans will trail one after another through the door to the shed, and you can easily pick them off as they come in. Be careful when going downstairs, sometimes the Lycans that go through the back window get stuck and will not come to you when you are on the stairs, but they will attack you from behind when you are downstairs. 

Village 1st visit

• There is a Lycan in the first hut on the left (I am pretty sure he wasn't there on lower difficulties), so be careful if you decide to get inside the house. 
  • The enemies on the field before Luiza's house changed. Now there is one archer, who shoots super fast, and a few Lycans with metal cages on their heads. Block and run up the hill, interact with the gate to trigger a cutscene, and then go to Elena's house. When you exit Luiza's house, the enemies will despawn.

Castle Dimitrescu

• During the first fight with Alcina's daughter, two other enemies will come after you. If you are quick, you can kill the mini-boss before they even come inside, and you can easily pick them off. The fights in the library and the attic are the same as on lower difficulties.
  • When you run from Alcina in the dungeons, Moroaicas walk around, so block when you are running past them. 
  • Boss fight: I stood in the second alcove, and the boss never destroyed it. 

Village 2nd visit

I don't think anything changed in the village the second time you go there.

Village 3rd visit + going to Moreau

• Two large Lycans are waiting for you when you cross the gate. One will attack you during the cutscene, and another one is next to the path leading to the windmill. 
  • The rest of Moreau's area remains the same. If you have a magnum with infinite ammo, then the fight with Moreau ends within seconds. 

Stronghold

• I killed the first enemies that drop down when you enter the stronghold and then ran to the line to ride across. When you get across, run to the end and throw a pipe bomb or two, when it explodes go to the door. 
  • I think that Urias now summons an extra Lycan in the fight, but I might be mistaken.

Factory

• When you run away from Sturm, there are enemies along the way trying to grab you. Be careful. 
  • There are Soldats waiting for you from nearly the beginning of the factory run, so be careful. You can bait them to make an attack and run past them. Alternatively, you can shoot them in the face to frenzy them, and then you can shoot the reactor on their chest or back. 
  • After you open the case with the mold, the enemy behind you will awaken, which is not a change. Stay in the room, and kill him there. When you leave, another enemy will jump to your level from the level below. It's one of the Soldat Jets. Kill him and go to the forge. A Soldat Panzer is waiting for you in front of the forge.
  • There are two Soldat Jets in the room with the giant fan and a normal Soldat that walks in after you. 
  • The rest of the factory is the same if I remember correctly.
  • Sturm: This may sound stupid, but stay close to him. He will charge at you, probably miss, and you can quickly turn around and shoot the reactor on his back. 
  • Heisenberg: The first part is tougher than the second part. Use the cannon to shoot him when he is close to you to push him away from you. It is possible to block his attack, but you can do it once or twice, and then you die when you're on for, magnum him a few times. You will know it's over when he starts ignoring you and starts moving towards the center of the map.

Chris

• Infinite ammo Dragoon is the key! 
  • Always pick the supplies your teammates prepared for you.
  • There are a few extra enemies on the way down to the village. Kill them quickly and enter the village. 
  • When you are on the fields in front of Luiza's house, run. Before the large werewolf jumps down, you will be halfway to the next area, and he will never catch up to you.
  • Kill the two enemies that enter the shed and the third one after you leave it.
  • On the road towards the center, kill a few of the enemies that run towards you, and start blocking. Run towards the objective. The enemies despawn when you get there.
  • 1st laser point is a freebie. 
  • 2nd laser point: from the starting position, go left through the gate and pick the supplies behind the house. Kill the Lycans that are likely behind you now, and go towards the blue gate. Throw a grenade or two to kill the rest of the Lycans, stay near the house and use the pointer from here.
  • 3rd laser point: stay in the same area and throw grenades at the Lycans. The moment you can use the laser pointer, go up the ladder and use it from the roof. You should have enough time before the enemies attack you.
  • Urias Strajer: You can use the laser pointer here, but it takes a while before it's ready for the initial strike. Stick to Urias's legs and run around him while blocking and shooting him in the back, legs, or chest, use the laser pointer when it's ready.

Miranda

The fight is the same as on lower difficulty levels. 

Edited by Iksde
  • Like 1

As almost everyone, I was using infinite ammo STAKE for the VoS run. The gun itself IS the cheese, but unfortunately during Chris' chapter you might hit a brick wall, as you find yourself STAKEless and hopeless.

If you're struggling with the laser pointing part of the game - use the ladder cheese! You don't have to fight any lycans at all. If you climb the ladder to the top and hang there, you won't be attacked. Climb to the roof and wait for the pointer to reload. If you see any lycans mounting the roof, quickly jump down and climb the ladder again. Hang in there, as they will quickly lose interest and you can climb the roof again for a few seconds. You might get hit once or twice when jumping down, but having at least 1 stimpack to heal you should be more than enough.

Edited by NarcissusBaz

The WCX, fully upgraded w infinite ammo makes most enemies/bosses cake on VoS as well. The DPS is not as great as a fully powered STAKE but for the sake of being able to strafe and unload 80 rounds per clip before reloading you don't have to take as much time aiming either. You can mainly hip fire and kill everything easily. The STAKE is still necessary for the big wolves bc of the stun, but I found the WCX a breeze to use everywhere else and in a pinch could be your only weapon for the whole run (and costs less). The three daughters, the first Urias fight w Ethan, and Moreau all died within seconds. It works well on the soldats too bc again, you don't have to hit every shot when you can spray at the red circles and get lucky 3/5 times. Flash grenade Sturm and then unload with the WCX on his back when he is stunned. Lady D and Miranda took longer, but I think that is more due to some of the scripting that has to take place during the fights.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 6:50 AM, MANU1950 said:

I don't have enough money to have the stake. But I can have enough to have the wolsbane with maximum stage.

Is viable to do the most hard difficult in this situation?

From my experience I think that the infinite ammo dragoon and infinite ammo flash bang are enough for the harder difficulties.
I learned this pretty late but the infinite ammo flash bang is extremely helpful in cases that you just wanna rush past the enemies and it can even be useful in some boss fights like the propeller one.
The dragoon is also stronger then you might expect, it won't make boss fights trivial but it's enough to get through them without much stress.

21 hours ago, crazyloon_69 said:

Any specific tips for VOS Heisenberg? I have infinite S.T.A.K.E., but I can't get past the tank section. :(

I just finished this fight about 30 minutes ago and it was giving me trouble. The two best tricks i found were to time your cannon shots out and use them as a defense mechanism, and secondly, try to do a good amount of damage on multiple red spots (weak points) before "blowing them up." If you do this, it's easier to get those little staggers in while you're awaiting the reload on your cannon. Unfortunately there's no cheese to this fight i could find, but after a few tries i'm confident you can take him down. Good luck.

On 5/27/2021 at 7:00 PM, Mojo-9000 said:

I just finished this fight about 30 minutes ago and it was giving me trouble. The two best tricks i found were to time your cannon shots out and use them as a defense mechanism, and secondly, try to do a good amount of damage on multiple red spots (weak points) before "blowing them up." If you do this, it's easier to get those little staggers in while you're awaiting the reload on your cannon. Unfortunately there's no cheese to this fight i could find, but after a few tries i'm confident you can take him down. Good luck.

I got him lol. Pretty early Thursday morning. xD

On 5/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, crazyloon_69 said:

Any specific tips for VOS Heisenberg? I have infinite S.T.A.K.E., but I can't get past the tank section. :(

Save your cannon shots for when he comes at you. This will stop him and make him retreat. Also, make sure that your constantly shooting his red spots with the gun. Adjust your control settings if you’re having trouble aiming.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, MANU1950 said:

I don't have enough money to have the stake. But I can have enough to have the wolsbane with maximum stage.

Is viable to do the most hard difficult in this situation?

I did not use the stake at all, I only used the dragoon and the grenade launcher the whole playthrough and it was fine. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, crazyloon_69 said:

I am no pro by any means but for some reason this boss gave me zero trouble and I beat it first try. I just made sure to spam the mini gun in between his shield forming and kept him at bay. Although the swamp boy killed me way to many times on Village difficulty.