Master and commander points needed

Since few people have unlocked this trophy and almost no advice is available you need about 6000+ asset points to get this do every mission and all dlc missions scan every possible planet and do many fetch quests on the citadel mine unlock after talking to hackett when you do the last mission. And mine didn't unlock at 5100 5300 5400 so i thought 6003 would be more than enough

Edited by ScottishNub
  • Like 1

Master and Commander randomly popped for me quite a bit before the end. After Priority: Rannoch (in which I was able to save the Geth and Migrant Fleet) I spoke to Hackett and the trophy popped. I checked my War Assets and I was only at 5211. Had done all the DLC but very little side content other than that.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2021 at 2:43 AM, BendyWire91 said:

Master and Commander randomly popped for me quite a bit before the end. After Priority: Rannoch (in which I was able to save the Geth and Migrant Fleet) I spoke to Hackett and the trophy popped. I checked my War Assets and I was only at 5211. Had done all the DLC but very little side content other than that.

Huh don't know why mine didn't pop at that ammount? cause you talk to hakett in the final mission, maybe i was just unlucky

15 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

It unlocked for me at 6,388 points. I just finished Priority: Rannoch and spoke to Hackett and it unlocked. I did all the DLC and a decent amount of side missions. 

Looks like it's completely random from all 3 of us

• Like 1

16 hours ago, s0kkie-NL said:

I also got this after Rannoch when I talked to Hackett, I was at about 4100 points. The lady next to the galaxy map constantly told me Hackett wanted to talk to me after every mission lol

I am above 4100 points right not and just got the 'Talk to Quarians' priority. No trophy pop yet.

It's very likely the threshold is 4000-4100 points but unlocks after talking to Hackett after finishing the Quarian storyline

Edited by Valkirye22
extra info
  • Like 1

Well, im at a little over 5400 and just launched the Cerberus Headquarters mission where it normally would pop I believe, and got nothing. And can't even contact Hackett via the War Room anymore. So this is definitely an odd trophy in this version.  

Edit: I just loaded a save before launching the mission, and launched the final mission again. This time it popped and I did nothing differently. 

Edited by Zuntenshi

The trophy popped for me just after finishing Priority: Rannoch. Going in, I had roughly 5,900 Military Strength; I brokered peace between the Quarians and the Geth, was told to return to Citadel to talk to the Asari councillor and was told Hackett was on the comm. As soon as the chat with Hackett started, the trophy popped. When I checked the war table afterward, I had roughly 7,100 Military Strength.

It doesn’t really narrow it down any - that’s a 1,200 point range - but I’m kind of wondering if the trophy isn’t tied to Military Strength but rather the number of assets collected. Like, maybe Diana counts just as much as a Geth Prime unit, even though she’s only worth 5 Military Strength while the Geth Primes are worth 30. Or perhaps a percentage of total available, rather than a hard number.

Of course, there’s also the possibility that it’s just glitchy and weird, like a few dozen other things in the game ?.

Mine just popped at 6,741. I finished the Batarian Codes quest on the Citadel, which gave me the Batarian fleet, came back to the Normandy, and when I talked to Hackett it finally popped. I'm wondering if it has a check for having a variety of supporters instead of just a pure asset check.

• Like 1

Isn’t  the reason these values seem ‘random’ for people because, in Legendary Edition, Galactic Readiness is taking into account how many side mission you did - and your decisions - in all 3 games, not just ME3?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Isn’t  the reason these values seem ‘random’ for people because, in Legendary Edition, Galactic Readiness is taking into account how many side mission you did - and your decisions - in all 3 games, not just ME3?

I cant imagine how that would work. I deleted my trilogy save file regularly, as well as my ME1 and ME2 save files, and it popped for me with 5500 readiness after Priority Rannoch.

3 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I cant imagine how that would work. I deleted my trilogy save file regularly, as well as my ME1 and ME2 save files, and it popped for me with 5500 readiness after Priority Rannoch.

The info about what decisions you made isn’t saved in the trilogy save file though - it’s in the main game save, and that info is transferred game to game with each character import, so deleting the trilogy save wouldn’t negate that.

All these articles are about (or at least touch on) the changes that were made, replacing the old multiplayer / mobile app stuff for Galactic Readiness with a new version that references decisions and missions from earlier games:

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/how-mass-effect-legendary-edition-changes-galactic-readiness-system/1100-6491485/

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/by-rebalancing-galactic-readiness-mass-effect-legendary-edition-has-given-me-a-reason-to-return/

https://twinfinite.net/2021/05/mass-effect-3-increase-galactic-readiness-legendary-edition/

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The info about what decisions you made isn’t saved in the trilogy save file though - it’s in the main game save, and that info is transferred game to game with each character import, so deleting the trilogy save wouldn’t negate that.

I didn’t import a character either.

On 04/06/2021 at 10:10 PM, NathanielJohn said:

I didn’t import a character either.

I suspect that actually proves the point, rather than counters it.

If you didn't import anything, then the game would be ignoring any pre-ME3 stuff, so your requirement for the trophy would be purely what is available in ME3 - a smaller set of possible stuff, and so your requirement would be at the low end, when the trophy popped at 5500ish.

For someone who had done all the previous game stuff, they would have a larger pool of potential points, and so they might actually meet the required percentage with a different (higher) total number.

i.e. if your total possible points were, say 6000 (i.e. that's the max possible using only ME3), then your 5500 points would be about 90%.

If someone had imported a save from all 3 games, their total possible pool of points might be around, say 8400, and so the same percentage required, would mean the trophy popped at something like 7600ish points.

(note - all these values are just theoretical, it's just to illustrate the idea)

Edited by DrBloodmoney

10 minutes ago, kiseiju68 said:

I have read that if you save the collector base in Mass Effect 2 instead of destroying it, it is easier to get the "Master and commander" trophy.
Do you think it is true?

I destroyed the base and ended up over 8k assets by the end of the game.

• Like 1