1st place bug

Boorish

6 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I wonder what their priority will be. Fixing trophies that aren't meant to unlock, or fixing the ones that are meant to.

The Infallible glitch is the very first thing you see on their support page. Makes me think it’s top priority, although who knows if it’ll be an easy fix...

7 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Hey, I have a question....when does the next season start? I had no interest this game, but thought it would be funny to get the hardest one first. Should I continue to get to level 40, or wait for the next season to start? I have no idea how grindy this is.

Each season usually lasts about 3 months, so I’d guess you’ve roughly 6 weeks left of this one. If you want to check for sure, the page on the title screen that shows you all the season  rewards tells you how long is left

If you’re playing for a couple of hours daily and can make decent progress through the rounds there should be plenty of time to hit Level 40 this season. I only started playing season 4 since the update and I’m almost at Level 20 (but, yes, non-linear level curve and all that...)

25 minutes ago, clowve said:

It's broken. Gotta send a support ticket for that trophy.

I just got mine unlocked from Mediatonic, their customer support seems to be on point with this game.

16 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I wonder what their priority will be. Fixing trophies that aren't meant to unlock, or fixing the ones that are meant to. Hey, I have a question....when does the next season start? I had no interest this game, but thought it would be funny to get the hardest one first. Should I continue to get to level 40, or wait for the next season to start? I have no idea how grindy this is.

They will generally unlock them with video proof. I sent them 2 videos of me doing 2 different emotes and they unlocked it for me.

4 minutes ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

I just got mine unlocked from Mediatonic, their customer support seems to be on point with this game.

They will generally unlock them with video proof. I sent them 2 videos of me doing 2 different emotes and they unlocked it for me.

Haha...nice! It's rare to see that.

Does it give you credit for the win if it does not show "1st place" after getting the gold medal? I got credit for a win that gave a gold medal and said 1st place (since I got the 5 wins trophy), but afterwards, I got gold medals in races without seeing "first place" in it. 

I have also sent them video proof of Big Tease not unlocking and mentioned Big Bully not unlocking as well, I'll edit my post once I get a response.

Edit: Just got a response from them, they unlocked Big Tease but said they will require video proof for Big Bully.

Edited by Letenko22

19 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Does it give you credit for the win if it does not show "1st place" after getting the gold medal? I got credit for a win that gave a gold medal and said 1st place (since I got the 5 wins trophy), but afterwards, I got gold medals in races without seeing "first place" in it. 

I think it needs to say first place. Possibly someone else beat you to the slime. I managed to get 4 earlier today, but then later on I got another 2 but didn't see the 1st place label so I don't think those ones counted

5 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

I think it needs to say first place. Possibly someone else beat you to the slime. I managed to get 4 earlier today, but then later on I got another 2 but didn't see the 1st place label so I don't think those ones counted

Thanks for the information. I was surely the first person eliminated (jumped off of the edge immediately, or waited for the slime at the starting platform). I feel like there are more requirements to the glitch that I am missing. Did someone from your squad actually finish the race? Did someone else finish the race? 

When I got "1st Place" to show up, I was knocked off the edge (and was the first person eliminated as well) from  the pinball things near the start of the game. Does the glitch not work if you voluntarily jump off of the platform? 

Winning 20 races is tough, and it would be great to get this trophy done quickly. Then wins would be very achievable in squad mode. 

Edit: Let me know if those gold medals do end up counting for the 20 wins. Right now, I would be at 9 if they do, but otherwise am at 5 if they don't. 

Edited by a3069namebke

24 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Thanks for the information. I was surely the first person eliminated (jumped off of the edge immediately, or waited for the slime at the starting platform). I feel like there are more requirements to the glitch that I am missing. Did someone from your squad actually finish the race? Did someone else finish the race? 

When I got "1st Place" to show up, I was knocked off the edge (and was the first person eliminated as well) from  the pinball things near the start of the game. Does the glitch not work if you voluntarily jump off of the platform? 

Winning 20 races is tough, and it would be great to get this trophy done quickly. Then wins would be very achievable in squad mode. 

Edit: Let me know if those gold medals do end up counting for the 20 wins. Right now, I would be at 9 if they do, but otherwise am at 5 if they don't. 

This is patched now. I can’t do it anymore.

40 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Were you the first one to show as eliminated in the fall feed though? I've been playing squads today with someone trying to do this, and we've noticed that there will sometimes be another person suiciding right at the start too. Could be someone else did it and just beat you to the slime.

Also your squad does need to qualify. You can't get a 1st place medal on a round you were eliminated on. It only works if your squad carries you through.

13 minutes ago, yoszek said:

It is not patched. I just got Ahead of the Pack on  Slimescraper. Right after level started i jumped off. My squad qualified to the next round. The moment round ended i got the trophy.

Did you get first place with it or just a gold medal? 

Edit:

@StacFace92 yes, I was. When I wasn't the first person (usually the second because someone else suicides), I got a silver medal or top 50% instead. Only once I got a gold medal announcing my first place win. All other times I suicides first, I have been awarded a gold medal (but no first place text).

My hope is that the gold medals alone will count because the only way to get a gold medal in a race mode is to be in first place. Finishing second will get you a silver. 

Also, when my squad qualified, I got the medal. Otherwise, I just got the X on the results screen.

Edited by a3069namebke

7 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

Did you get first place with it or just a gold medal? 

Edit:

@StacFace92 yes, I was. When I wasn't the first person (usually the second because someone else suicides), I got a silver medal or top 50% instead. Only once I got a gold medal announcing my first place win. All other times I suicides first, I have been awarded a gold medal (but no first place text).

My hope is that the gold medals alone will count because the only way to get a gold medal in a race mode is to be in first place. Finishing second will get you a silver. 

Just medal i think. Will report if 5 wins trophy pops or not.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

Were you the first one to show as eliminated in the fall feed though? I've been playing squads today with someone trying to do this, and we've noticed that there will sometimes be another person suiciding right at the start too. Could be someone else did it and just beat you to the slime.

Also your squad does need to qualify. You can't get a 1st place medal on a round you were eliminated on. It only works if your squad carries you through.

Got the 1st place badge right now. No one on my team qualified and we advance to the next round, lol. When you jump, if your team appears on 1st place I think you'll got the 1st place at the end.

Edit: I think we qualified because after every player complete, we lost a position, but not so many players finished, we qualified, even without anyone on my team finishing.

Edited by RattlesnakeBR
adding information
  • Like 1

Just a couple more things reading the comments:

It is absolutely crucial that your team qualifies to the next round. It can even say "Noone's been eliminated"  which is what happens when less than 6 teams finish the event. This is very common in Slime Scraper, less common in Slime Climb.

Next Season starts in 57 days, so you have basically 2 months to get 17800 fame. I was able to do it in 3 days but went at it pretty hard, but a week or two is easily doable.

From what I can tell, the game counts wins by the amount of Gold Medals you have, so as long as you got a gold medal you should be fine. I had that happen many times while going through this.

I think they will prioritize fixing this, because it actually does affect stage outcomes, because your winning points do end up getting added to the squad's total. It's not severe because it doesn't affect who gets eliminated, but it's still something that they don't want.

Edited by jdh0921

36 minutes ago, yoszek said:

It is not patched. I just got Ahead of the Pack on  Slimescraper. Right after level started i jumped off. My squad qualified to the next round. The moment round ended i got the trophy.

I get the gold medal, but no 1st place under it. Also, being the first one eliminated is a lot harder because I see a lot of people doing the same lol.

On another note, I played this game for 10 hrs in the first season and got like 5-6 first place. Then another 2 times in season 3 for a playtime of  about 4 hrs. I have been playing season for for almost 15 hrs and haven't gotten a single legit first place. Boy is this game a lot harder now.

2 minutes ago, yoszek said:

It seems a lot of ppl are doing it,3rd game in a row when on slime climb races my entire squad immidiatly commited suicide at the start:P

I had the 2 races in the same episode, same guy jumped before me. Good thing I still needs episodes wins and won the same episode.

5 minutes ago, yoszek said:

It seems a lot of ppl are doing it,3rd game in a row when on slime climb races my entire squad immidiatly commited suicide at the start:P

I would say at this point don't waste time trying to do Big Tease, it doesn't work anyway.

13 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

I would say at this point don't waste time trying to do Big Tease, it doesn't work anyway.

Is Big Tease bugged only on squad mode?

I did it solo on the main show but I didn't get the trophy

1 minute ago, Clennx said:

Is Big Tease bugged only on squad mode?

I did it solo on the main show but I didn't get the trophy

I believe it's bugged in both modes. You can make a support request to have them pop it for you if you did it legitimately.

Edited by jdh0921