1st place bug

Boorish

6 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Winrate to flaunt madskillzbro and trophy progression are two entirely different things. The post you responded to stands, the latter should be included.

But then it’s boring as nothing is exciting when you know your exact progress. I got stoked and yelled “Yes, finally!” When I got my wins. If I knew the stats, it would have been a typical who gives a fuck ping.

14 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

But then it’s boring as nothing is exciting when you know your exact progress. I got stoked and yelled “Yes, finally!” When I got my wins. If I knew the stats, it would have been a typical who gives a fuck ping.

Tryhards and sweats will exist with or without in-game stats.

I enjoy stats.  Many people on this site also do or they would never have signed up for it, as stats about your trophy hunting journey are a big part of it.  They should exist, even if buried in a profile menu.  I highly doubt they’d change the game play much, people try to win as it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Tryhards and sweats will exist with or without in-game stats.

I enjoy stats.  Many people on this site also do or they would never have signed up for it, as stats about your trophy hunting journey are a big part of it.  They should exist, even if buried in a profile menu.  I highly doubt they’d change the game play much, people try to win as it is.

Agreed. As you said, there's a reason why people sign up to PSNProfiles. Heck, I even paid for Premium because I love it so much. Stats that only you can see would've been lovely. I have no idea how many 1st place wins I have so i'm not even sure if the next time I get a 1st place will be the 20th I require.

Don't see how stats ruin it for you if they're on your profile which you have the choice to look at or not. If you want to know them, you check. If you think knowing your stats will make the game less enjoyable, just don't check?

EDIT: Just got my 20th 1st place! Turns out I was on 19 1st places before when I thought I was on around 12 lool!

Edited by AMKrishnan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AMKrishnan said:

EDIT: Just got my 20th 1st place! Turns out I was on 19 1st places before when I thought I was on around 12 lool!

Could be because you didn't count the times you got the gold medal without being first. The trophy counts how many gold medals you got. It always goes to someone, and if the one who finished first can't get it because his team was disqualified, it goes to the person who finished next. It had me confused for the longest time because that's how I got my first win. I didn't see the colour of the medal at all and I knew I was second, so I assumed it must have been a glitch cause we finished at almost the exact same time.

It's how the glitch works too. It goes to the one who "finished" first, but if his team gets disqualified, the second person to fall to the slime gets it. So slime races will always award two gold medals.

42 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Could be because you didn't count the times you got the gold medal without being first. The trophy counts how many gold medals you got. It always goes to someone, and if the one who finished first can't get it because his team was disqualified, it goes to the person who finished next. It had me confused for the longest time because that's how I got my first win. I didn't see the colour of the medal at all and I knew I was second, so I assumed it must have been a glitch cause we finished at almost the exact same time.

It's how the glitch works too. It goes to the one who "finished" first, but if his team gets disqualified, the second person to fall to the slime gets it. So slime races will always award two gold medals.

Ah that's interesting - thanks for letting me know! I do remembe getting a few gold medals without being first. At the same time, I wasn't absolutely sure I had 12 1st places. I just guesstimated that tbh.

Now I just need to get Big Tease but that's proving difficult :/ I'm sure I got it when Season 1 came out.... I also have to get 9 more game wins (currently on 11 so 9 more to get to the 20 wins trophy) but that won't be an issue

1 hour ago, Cynical_Hunter said:

does this still work? anyone can confirm? if so how long would it take? Thanks.

it does still work (as you can see from my response before yours, I got the trophy).

I will say, however, that it has got much more difficult to take advantage of. when it was first found, the slime levels like slimb climb were occurring in much earlier rounds, so you could just start a game, play maybe 2 rounds, then use the exploit. recently, those levels are now coming near the end, so it's much more of a risk to do as there are more eliminations (the slime rises quicker) and your team may not qualify for the next round.

with how long it'll take, that depends on 1. how many 1st places you already have and 2. how much time you can be bothered to dedicate to it. I had about 5 or 6 wins already before i used this, and it took me about 2 weeks of playing about 2-3 hours consistently a day.

5 minutes ago, AMKrishnan said:

it does still work (as you can see from my response before yours, I got the trophy).

I will say, however, that it has got much more difficult to take advantage of. when it was first found, the slime levels like slimb climb were occurring in much earlier rounds, so you could just start a game, play maybe 2 rounds, then use the exploit. recently, those levels are now coming near the end, so it's much more of a risk to do as there are more eliminations (the slime rises quicker) and your team may not qualify for the next round.

with how long it'll take, that depends on 1. how many 1st places you already have and 2. how much time you can be bothered to dedicate to it. I had about 5 or 6 wins already before i used this, and it took me about 2 weeks of playing about 2-3 hours consistently a day.

Is there still a chance it may come in the beggining those levels? or is it exclusive to near the end now?

18 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Glad this is harder to achieve via cheating. Losers always whine about their best (efforts at getting this to work), winners go home and fuck the prom queen. Be a winner.

I am a winner. I came 1st place in a race 20 times :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cynical_Hunter said:

Is there still a chance it may come in the beggining those levels? or is it exclusive to near the end now?

I think I never got slime levels in the first 2 round. They probably come in the third or fourth rounds but you never know sometimes they don't come at all.

20 wins is absolutely not impossible on Main Show, you still need some luck to get placed in the first row and/or more experienced players to fail getting the lead. I got 8 wins so far and second place similar amount of times. I just need a bit of luck to get a good position and not to screw up.

If someone still needs the normal episode wins. Just play "Slam Dunk". It's just 2 rounds of basketball and the third round is always the final. The final is always random. Hex-A-Gone, Roll Off etc. Got 6 wins yesterday and 1 win today and finally unlocked the platinum. 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 6:59 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

If someone still needs the normal episode wins. Just play "Slam Dunk". It's just 2 rounds of basketball and the third round is always the final. The final is always random. Hex-A-Gone, Roll Off etc. Got 6 wins yesterday and 1 win today and finally unlocked the platinum. 

Not to mention that you may be able to reach the final while being afk ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...