Please READ: An IMPORTANT Note for Online Play on Borderlands PS3

CypherNova139

It never used to be this way, they must have changed something with the most recent patch because I've never had problems connecting to anyone with a version other than the one I own. I've always known the JP version had region locked servers but have always been able to connect to my friends and random players, even if they don't have all the DLCs.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 16/05/2021 at 5:15 PM, HuntingFever said:

It never used to be this way, they must have changed something with the most recent patch because I've never had problems connecting to anyone with a version other than the one I own. I've always known the JP version had region locked servers but have always been able to connect to my friends and random players, even if they don't have all the DLCs.

I agree this is strange when I use to play Borderlands on PS3 I never had this issue either and I know for a fact I had digital plus all dlc and my friend that played with me had physical and no dlc.

Only time it ever caused an issue was if I tried to enter a DLC area and then it would just kick them from party. But I didn't recall it ever outright refusing us to play together.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, EnricoShapka said:

Can confirm 1 point isn’t true. I played with someone who had all dlc and I had none, we did the main story without problems. 

This is the same for me, many years ago, both me and my friend had the Disc version, I have all the DLC and we played together. When I tried to teleport to the DLC locations a message pops up saying "XXX player does not have the DLC". But we could play the main game fine.

I'm also pretty sure I played with some guys who had the digital version when they helped me with the Raid boss because wasn't this game free on PS+ one time? I can't quite remember though. Japan servers are absolutely definitely regioned though, like they are in Dead Island games.

Edited by enaysoft

22 hours ago, EnricoShapka said:

I played with someone who had all dlc and I had none, we did the main story without problems. 

Before I accept a confirmation, Can you confirm when was this connection accomplished?

Hopefully some recent server update fixed the game's connection issues regarding DLC, as for past couple years or so the game has had the no connection issues described in OP.
I've noticed in helping a couple people lately who didn't install DLC before session still connected to my has-all-DLC PS3's lobby (I only do 'And they'll tell two friends' trophy atm).

@enaysoft I'm pretty sure in the game's heyday the connections issues weren't this bad, it's only been a more recent issue in past couple years. Before confirming a post if your info is from years ago please reconfirm that info is still current today.

For now though dear reader, please still match DLC and versions, and check for matching version/DLC if you have any connection issue.