Would you play more Nintendo games if they had achievements?

AnimeGamerWeeb

i would say yes, but honestly i think if they had a better system than they do now id play it more. I just always feel Nintendo is last place and 2 steps behind. Switch may sell and i own one but joycons are dumb (i have pro controllers), the fact handheld is 720p max is a major problem. 1080p docked... in an era where most of us have 4k tvs. Yea 1080 looks like shit.

So Nintendo would need to do more but some kind of achievement reward system would help. i buy a lot but still gravitate to Sony. 

some switch games ive started and never beat yet:

MH Rise, Mario 3D All Stars,  Mario 3d World, Bravely Default II, Hades, Luigis Mansion 3, Paper Mario Crapigami King, among many others...

it's a shame Nintendo get some exclusives like No More Heros 3 and Bayonetta 2/3 because these would sell way better on an adult console. 

• Like 2

I already play games on Nintendo's consoles pretty extensively, despite how much I dislike Nintendo as a company, primarily due to the fact that some of my favorite franchises are produced by them. (The Legend of Zelda being my favorite franchise period, not just when it comes to video games either)

That said, I generally prefer playing on PlayStation consoles when it comes to multiplatform games, and Sony also has some great exclusives and franchises of their own that I like to play quite a bit as well on top of that.

Introducing achievements is something I've wanted Nintendo to do for quite some time, I must admit, even if it might only marginally increase the amount of play time that I already put into their games.

Edited by Zephrese

5 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

Honestly, yes I would.

Even before I cared about trophies I would go for in game achievements.

I think I just like having a checklist of things to do in games in general and trophy lists are essentially just that.

Exact same

No, I would still just play the games I like. That’s about it. I like that Nintendo’s platform is the only gaming platform that doesn’t have achievements. Makes it chill. Plus, don’t forget that some games on there DO have IN-GAME achievements. Like, the Super Smash Bros. series & etc.

Edited by PXNKCAT

If Nintendo ever did an achievement / trophy system, I would hope they did it as optional. 

For those who like trophies, take a crack at it... for those who don't want them, don't worry about it.

I usually complete all my nintendo games as much as possible anyway so I'd probably enjoy a trophy system there but not this compulsory business and definitely more regulated as to what is worthy of being called a platinum and what isn't. And no online trophies :) 

Not sure if having a trophy system would make me buy more games for it though... I get whatever nintendo games I want anyway so that probably wouldn't change

I still buy Nintendo systems and games despite there being no achievement system. My buying habits wouldn't change, however I will say that I think I would FINISH more games on these systems if there were some kind of achievement system. I tend not to finish many games on Nintendo systems these days and I do think it's because something in my brain keeps telling me I could be earning trophies instead. So I end up hardly ever getting to the end.

On the other hand, these are the systems I go to on the occasions when I don't want to be bothered with trophies and just want to play completely stress free, so there's definitely pros and cons with them not having any kind of award system.

I use my Nintendo to play Tomodachi Life only and to be busy while traveling or cycling at home. ? It feels nice to not have a trophy list in the back of your mind. But if I didn’t have those reasons... I probably wouldn’t have gotten a Nintendo.

It’s nice to have a list of objectives and feel rewarded.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

i try to play/platinum/complete as many old games and collections that involve trophies, if in any way it was possible, i would like to get them on psn of course. I don’t know how retro achievements work, since I’m a trophy hunter only on PlayStation 

Νοpe. 

I own a nintendo switch lite and I play way more games on switch because there are no achievements.

It's easier,it doesn't require you to play many hours just to get achievements,you only play the main story and quests and you move on to the next game.

I have like,100 games on my list that i want to play,I don't have time for achievements especially when I work 45 hours a week!

43 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'd play Nintendo games if they were cheaper. Has anyone tried buying 3ds games? They are not only rare, but they are expensive as well. 

That is true! 

I have noticed that games on switch store are around 10-15 euros more than on PSN! Nintendo is way more expensive.

• Like 1

A lot of people here saying that they play on Switch because there's no achievements, or that they wouldn't play on it if there were, and I just don't understand why having something that is entirely optional would sway you in favor or against playing something to such an extreme extent...

Edited by Zephrese

I would play more Nintendo exclusives instead of just skipping them if there was an achievement system. I've gotten to the point where I just hold out hope a game will come out on another console/PC someday because the biggest problem to me with Switch games is that the console itself sucks. I don't play on the go so the portability is of no use to me.

As was mentioned, it's a shame that something like Bayonetta 3 will be shackled to such inferior hardware. At least Monster Hunter Rise will be on PC next year. 

On 17/05/2021 at 9:14 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I'd play Nintendo games if they were cheaper. Has anyone tried buying 3ds games? They are not only rare, but they are expensive as well. 

Not sure what you mean. New copies of physical 3DS games cost 19 € - 45 €, same goes for digital versions. That's a lot less than the price for new PS4 games on release (typically 60 €). 

I still buy 3DS games and got several Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei titles for 5 € - 8 € on an eShop sale just a couple of weeks ago. I've also bought several new physical copies for 10 € - 25 €, including Dragon Quest VIII. 

I agree physical copies are getting harder to find these days but I haven't seen any retailer inflating their prices.

But to answer the original topic, no, I wouldn't play more Nintendo games if there was an achievement system. I've actually steered away from PlayStation mostly because of the trophy system. Many games on Nintendo's platforms have in-game achievements and they can be fun but I personally don't see a need for system-wide achievements.

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Not sure what you mean. New copies of physical 3DS games cost 19 € - 45 €, same goes for digital versions. That's a lot less than the price for new PS4 games on release (typically 60 €). 

I still buy 3DS games and got several Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei titles for 5 € - 8 € on an eShop sale just a couple of weeks ago. I've also bought several new physical copies for 10 € - 25 €, including Dragon Quest VIII. 

Where is this mysterious eShop?! I've been looking for DQ8, and it's been 600 NOK. Norway doesn't have much going for it. There's no way EO and SMT costs so little here. 

The things that would sway me to buy a Nintendo hardware for myself is if:

• Nintendo releases a console with core principles of engineering that birthed the GameCube's processing power.
  • Online infrastructure isn't ass.

No achievement system necessary.

Edited by Eraezr