Getting all 4 MGS platinums before MGS5 2014 release

I'm planning on getting all 4 platinums for the Metal Gear Solid games before MGSV gets released on PS3. I have already Peace Walker and MGS2's platinum. I guess MGS4 will be pretty diffcult.

I'm guessing the order of difficulty for these games beginning with the easiest: MGS3, MGSPW, MGS4 and finally MGS2.

Does anyone think this is a fair guess?

Edited by Strider-Falcon
  • Like 1

I agree with you about the difficulty exept for the last 2 games. Personally I think MGS2 is easier plat than MGS4.

From easiest to hardest:

MGS3

MGSPW

MGS2

MGS4

MGS3

MGSPW

MGS2

MGS4

Revengeance

I know it's not a Metal Gear Solid game, but Metal Gear tho

Edited by Rubieno

I think in terms of difficulty I would put MGS2 just barely above MGS4 because of the VR missions being extremely stingy on the requirements for gold. That and I assume getting all the dog tags across every difficulty is hard. I haven't tried it though.

The thing that makes MGS4 hard is the Big Boss run you have to do for an iPod song. You have to be a speed runner for that, and that's just something I can't do. But if you're going to try it then good luck.

I think in terms of difficulty I would put MGS2 just barely above MGS4 because of the VR missions being extremely stingy on the requirements for gold. That and I assume getting all the dog tags across every difficulty is hard. I haven't tried it though.

The thing that makes MGS4 hard is the Big Boss run you have to do for an iPod song. You have to be a speed runner for that, and that's just something I can't do. But if you're going to try it then good luck.

Maybe you are correct. I remember when I tried those VR missions, I quit and never tried it again. But that was when I played MGS2 in ps2. I never looked back nor have plans on getting the HD release just to play MGS3 (again) and Peacewalker.

I just want to make it clear, you don't have to be a speed runner to get it done. It can be done with an average gamer skills (like me, nothing special). You just have to be patient, lots of it. And a lot of saving the game if you're unsure of clearing a stage without getting spotted (and the fact that you need to finish the game under 5 hours, wtf?!!).

There are a lot of guides and video guides to get it done, although most of the time you have to improvise when you're not comfortable on how the guide tackles the BBE challenge. You'll learn from yourself.

Wow, didn't realise MGS4 platinum was so difficult. Though I have played MGS4 before the trophy patch, my understanding was that the Big Boss run was easily doable because you can save as many times you like. Looks like I'm gonna have to really psych my self up for MGS4's Big Boss run!

I couldn't say it was difficult (once you've done it), but it's definitely not easy.

It can be done. :ninja:

• Like 1

Maybe you are correct. I remember when I tried those VR missions, I quit and never tried it again. But that was when I played MGS2 in ps2. I never looked back nor have plans on getting the HD release just to play MGS3 (again) and Peacewalker.

I just want to make it clear, you don't have to be a speed runner to get it done. It can be done with an average gamer skills (like me, nothing special). You just have to be patient, lots of it. And a lot of saving the game if you're unsure of clearing a stage without getting spotted (and the fact that you need to finish the game under 5 hours, wtf?!!).

There are a lot of guides and video guides to get it done, although most of the time you have to improvise when you're not comfortable on how the guide tackles the BBE challenge. You'll learn from yourself.

The video guides I've seen of Big Boss run have the person running straight through areas and somehow not getting spotted as well as other risky maneuvers like running behind an enemy and diving into them. But yeah, I could try being patient. The only thing I'm worried about there is being too patient and risking going over the time limit.

There's also the bike chase that's supposed to be a nightmare. I tried doing that on one of the easier difficulties with no kills and I managed to pull it off at the risk of almost half my health gone.

MGS4 is easier to plat but tedious since you need at least 8 playthroughs IIRC, but it is doable with patience :) IMO the hardest for me was MGS2 (and MG Rising is cheap hard but since it is not MGS so I don't think you'd include it in your list of MGS plats?)

MGS4 is easier to plat but tedious since you need at least 8 playthroughs IIRC, but it is doable with patience :) IMO the hardest for me was MGS2 (and MG Rising is cheap hard but since it is not MGS so I don't think you'd include it in your list of MGS plats?)

So "some" of the VR missions are what makes MGS 2 harder to plat? I think I like to revisit that game again (since the HD collection is on sale).

The video guides I've seen of Big Boss run have the person running straight through areas and somehow not getting spotted as well as other risky maneuvers like running behind an enemy and diving into them. But yeah, I could try being patient. The only thing I'm worried about there is being too patient and risking going over the time limit.

There's also the bike chase that's supposed to be a nightmare. I tried doing that on one of the easier difficulties with no kills and I managed to pull it off at the risk of almost half my health gone.

That bike chase is a nightmare. Did it in as many tries to the point where I memorize every single twists and turns. Big Mama could have gotten pregnant in that bike if Solid is not sterile, lol!  I think I'm just lucky to get through (damn FROGS!).

What about all the vita games? There is like 8 Metal Gear platinums

I guess maybe the Vita version of MGS2 is easier, I read somewhere that for MGS1 Snake Holdup missions to holdup you press down on the D-pad which makes Snake hold the M16 gun without fear of it accidentally firing off. On the hand I read somewhere that the sniping missions are harder on Vita, so in the end I'm sure which one is easier/harder...

There are 7 Metal Gear platinums in total, which are the following:

Metal Gear Solid 3 PS3

Metal Gear Solid 3 Vita 

Metal Gear Solid 2 PS3

Metal Gear Solid 2 Vita

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PS3 only*)

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence PS3 (Platinum + DLC = 100%)

*Update 28/11/13 Trophies are only on PS3, PSP version is available on PS Vita and gamesave is transferrable between PSP, PS VIta and PS3 consoles. To earn trophies for Peace Walker (PS3) you need to start a new file on PS3, you can't earn trophies using a gamesave file from the PSP version (which is the version used on PS Vita). I hope that helps someone. :)

Edited by Strider-Falcon

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing the order of difficulty for these games beginning with the easiest: MGS3, MGSPW, MGS4 and finally MGS2.

Does anyone think this is a fair guess?

Yap, this is also my order of difficulty and i earned platinum in all Metal Gear-Games so far.

In MGS2 the extreme walkthrough and the VR-Missions are a pain in the a... You know what i mean. You survived that torture yourself! :D

In MGS4 only the Big Boss-Run is hard, but you can save every time you want. So it's very manageable with a few tips (Resistance trick...) from the internet. Not that hard compared to MGS2, but it's very time consuming to earn all emblems! (chicken run = 35hours^^).

My order (includes MGR)

- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater *3*

- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker *4-5*

- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots *7*

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance *9*

- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty *9*

Good luck with MGS4, if you still intend to get platinum on it :)

Edited by RuNNinG-sCaRe_D

• 1 month later...
My order (includes MGR)

- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater *3*

- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker *4-5*

- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots *7*

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance *9*

- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty *9*

Good luck with MGS4, if you still intend to get platinum on it :)

Thanks for the good luck, I think I'll need it. I'll most likely won't get the platInum for MGS4 before MGSV: Ground Zeroes as I plaaying through me back log of PSS3 games, but I'll try to get MGS4 platinum before MGSV: Phantom Pain. That's only because the release date for Phantom Pain will be sometime in 2015/2016! Hopefully by then I should have the MGS4 platinum and a couple of other sought after platinums like Demon's Souls or maybe even MGR.

• 10 months later...

Finally I've got the platinum trophy for Metal Gear Solid 4! Comparing the difficulty with the other Metal Gear Solid games,  I rate them like this from eastiest to hardest:

• Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Metal Gear Solid 2

The big boss run on MGS4 is not that difficult. There are loads of video online to show you how it's done. The only difficulty spike there was for me was the bike chase and the last fight with Ocelot, but with a bit of teeth gritting practice, patience and perserverance it can be done. Saving as many times as you want does help a lot, when you get to a check point without any alerts or kills, just save.

I'm looking forwarding "100 percenting" Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Rising now.

S926123.png & Sbb0f58.png

-_-

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am about to finish my platinum from MGS2, I need 4 trophiest, I have not played for at least two years.

Today reading this post I realized that I never saw that MGS2 and MGS 3 have two trophies list for the PS3 and Vita versions, I had both versions but I never checked that.

MGS 3 is easy, MSG2 mmm well I am still working on that xD

MGS4 easy but tedious, I must play PW again