Getting all 4 MGS platinums before MGS5 2014 release

Way late to the party on this conversation but I feel I need to be one of the few to give Peace Walker some props.  MGS4 is hardly difficult with the Chicken Run being more of a challange than the Big Boss Extreme.  There was the 3rd part of the bike chase and the second part of the Liquid Ocelot fight that I had to replay quite a few times to finally pass the game but was not harder than getting S Rank on all Main Ops and Extra Ops with Peace Walker.  Then there was getting all the right troops for the outer ops mission and clearing out all the Monster Hunter quests plus collecting all the custom parts for Zeke... I don't know maybe it was just me but getting all the Kerotan frogs was on par with the MGS4 plat :P  (yes slight over exaggeration)

Still MGS3 is by and far the easiest and MGS2 is the hardest.  We can all agree there.  I need the tough ones on MGS2 still with the VR missions and Tanker dog tags but that should come well before Sept... hopefully.  One thing PW has taught me though is I should play as much multiplayer first then work on the actual game.  Kind of a shame as I do enjoy my campaings but I'm the minority on that gamer wise.  As for Rising I'll probably at least beat the game but I won't hold me to getting the Plat for it... never was the best at hack and slash games.

So in the end MGS3, Ground Zero, MGS4, PW, and MGS2 would be my ranking on difficulty but it merely flips 4 and PW from the other rankings, so rather a minor rant from me :D   Will be fun to see what kind of trickiness MGSV trophies will have!

Edited by Selsmeyer
  • Like 1

Way late to the party on this conversation but I feel I need to be one of the few to give Peace Walker some props.  MGS4 is hardly difficult with the Chicken Run being more of a challange than the Big Boss Extreme.  There was the 3rd part of the bike chase and the second part of the Liquid Ocelot fight that I had to replay quite a few times to finally pass the game but was not harder than getting S Rank on all Main Ops and Extra Ops with Peace Walker.  Then there was getting all the right troops for the outer ops mission and clearing out all the Monster Hunter quests plus collecting all the custom parts for Zeke... I don't know maybe it was just me but getting all the Kerotan frogs was on par with the MGS4 plat :P  (yes slight over exaggeration)

Still MGS3 is by and far the easiest and MGS2 is the hardest.  We can all agree there.  I need the tough ones on MGS2 still with the VR missions and Tanker dog tags but that should come well before Sept... hopefully.  One thing PW has taught me though is I should play as much multiplayer first then work on the actual game.  Kind of a shame as I do enjoy my campaings but I'm the minority on that gamer wise.  As for Rising I'll probably at least beat the game but I won't hold me to getting the Plat for it... never was the best at hack and slash games.

So in the end MGS3, Ground Zero, MGS4, PW, and MGS2 would be my ranking on difficulty but it merely flips 4 and PW from the other rankings, so rather a minor rant from me :D   Will be fun to see what kind of trickiness MGSV trophies will have!

If Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain trophies are anything like Ground Zeroes and Peace Walker, then I don't think it should be too hard.

On a side note, if you use the Konami Code (UUDDLRLRBA) as your name, you'll unlock all of the VR missions so you can do MGS1 Snake right off the bat. I wish I done this before completing the VR missions. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I think the Vita version of MGS2 is actually more easier than the PS3 version.

Especially you CAN lower your gun easier by pressing DOWN on the d-pad. Makes the hold up VR missions a lot easier. I will plat the PS3 version one day.

As for MGS4, I can't bring myself to play that again. I completed it once WAY before the trophy patch and I have no desire to play that game EVER again, and probably WILL never due to the stupid Chicken Run trophy. 35 hours? No thanks.