AnOrdinaryBloke

Immortal Fame Exploit

11 posts in this topic

This may or may not be known, but you can get around the 'no checkpoint restart' requirement for this decoration. When playing on Veteran difficulty, if you die, pause the game quickly upon being killed and Close Application.

Go back into the game and Resume Story, this will continue where you left off and once you complete the mission you will have met the requirements. Do this for all missions and the Decoration will unlock.

Posted (edited)

Very Nice! Solid Kudos to you! Now the plat is easier to attain 😁😁😁

Edited by XLordXNightmareX

Posted (edited)

Are you 100% sure this works tho? cuz technically when you use the resume story feature you reload a checkpoint right. Or is the game so confused that it just doesn't know anymore?

Edited by KarteX_305

This is a standard tactic. Just as you die, you immediately close the application and continue where the game last saved. It's also done for example KILLZONE: Shadow Fall Elite difficulty, where you'd have three lives for a whole playthrough but by quitting as you die you won't lose a life.

helloImD.png

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, KarteX_305 said:

Are you 100% sure this works tho? cuz technically when you use the resume story feature you reload a checkpoint right. Or is the game so confused that it just doesn't know anymore?

It treats your resume as a continue, not a restart checkpoint. Dying is a restart checkpoint, resume story is not. You have to be quick though, the moment you're down you have to pause and close app. If you want to be safe, equip emergency reserve, pause and close app while its reviving you.

Edited by AnOrdinaryBloke

22 hours ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

It treats your resume as a continue, not a restart checkpoint. Dying is a restart checkpoint, resume story is not. You have to be quick though, the moment you're down you have to pause and close app. If you want to be safe, equip emergency reserve, pause and close app while its reviving you.

For some reason the resume story feature is very glitchy for me, every time i use resume story it puts me in the 3rd mission.

8 hours ago, KarteX_305 said:

For some reason the resume story feature is very glitchy for me, every time i use resume story it puts me in the 3rd mission.

This is because you have a story already in progress. You cant do mission select from the main menu and have this work. You need to complete missions like this in one playthrough or select a mission from the hideout.

18 hours ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

This is because you have a story already in progress. You cant do mission select from the main menu and have this work. You need to complete missions like this in one playthrough or select a mission from the hideout.

Got the platinum last night. Thanks for the help mate!

Posted (edited)

dunno if this will help anyone but if you use the emergency reserve ability which basically allows a free death, you can switch loadouts to replenish it and you can be technically immortal in missions where you defend near a loadout box (sand castle comes to mind.) Combine this with the close app trick and it makes the challenge so much easier.

Edited by andy_roo_81