Immortal Fame Exploit

This is a standard tactic. Just as you die, you immediately close the application and continue where the game last saved. It's also done for example KILLZONE: Shadow Fall Elite difficulty, where you'd have three lives for a whole playthrough but by quitting as you die you won't lose a life.

helloImD.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KarteX_305 said:

Are you 100% sure this works tho? cuz technically when you use the resume story feature you reload a checkpoint right. Or is the game so confused that it just doesn't know anymore?

It treats your resume as a continue, not a restart checkpoint. Dying is a restart checkpoint, resume story is not. You have to be quick though, the moment you're down you have to pause and close app. If you want to be safe, equip emergency reserve, pause and close app while its reviving you.

Edited by AnOrdinaryBloke
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

It treats your resume as a continue, not a restart checkpoint. Dying is a restart checkpoint, resume story is not. You have to be quick though, the moment you're down you have to pause and close app. If you want to be safe, equip emergency reserve, pause and close app while its reviving you.

For some reason the resume story feature is very glitchy for me, every time i use resume story it puts me in the 3rd mission.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KarteX_305 said:

For some reason the resume story feature is very glitchy for me, every time i use resume story it puts me in the 3rd mission.

This is because you have a story already in progress. You cant do mission select from the main menu and have this work. You need to complete missions like this in one playthrough or select a mission from the hideout.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

This is because you have a story already in progress. You cant do mission select from the main menu and have this work. You need to complete missions like this in one playthrough or select a mission from the hideout.

Got the platinum last night. Thanks for the help mate!

• Like 1

dunno if this will help anyone but if you use the emergency reserve ability which basically allows a free death, you can switch loadouts to replenish it and you can be technically immortal in missions where you defend near a loadout box (sand castle comes to mind.) Combine this with the close app trick and it makes the challenge so much easier.

Edited by andy_roo_81

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Fresh-Tech1 said:

Can’t you just restart the entire mission again ? 

Sure, however this exploit just means you start again from a checkpoint whilst obtaining the accolade. Some of the missions are pretty difficult and dying is rather easy, so using this exploit makes it trivial.

• 3 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 5:34 PM, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

No matter what I do I always start at the second map.. I tried starting a map from main menu.. i tried starting a map from safe house.. nothing changes.. I have no idea how to CANCEL a stupid game in progress

20 hours ago, Mr-Photo said:

No matter what I do I always start at the second map.. I tried starting a map from main menu.. i tried starting a map from safe house.. nothing changes.. I have no idea how to CANCEL a stupid game in progress

Start a new game from mission one. I did veteran in one playthrough so i had no issue.

2 hours ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

Start a new game from mission one. I did veteran in one playthrough so i had no issue.

I did start with mission one.. but the Resume Mission always reverts to my existing playthrough which was at the start of 2nd mission

I've just resorted to starting with mission 2.. ill go back to mission 1 once i complete the rest of the game.

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2022 at 1:18 AM, Mr-Photo said:

This does not work for me on the first mission.. I always die right at the end trying to protect that stupid garbage, but yet when i resume story it acts as if I completed the mission but does not give me the accolade.

You may have nailed this by now, but use firefly as soon as you regain control, and spam it till the area is clear ;)

If you have emergency reserve, going down doesn't negate the accolade.

Edited by yoda_squad
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Does this still work? And what do you exactly mean with leave the game? Close the app or just the menu and press Save & Exit?

One further thing. How do I know if the game accepted my playthrough? Can I play mission by mission or do I need to complete the camping in one go without selecting other missions in between? I just completed the first mission on Veteran with a few randoms online but sometimes there have been server migrations and I am not sure if it counts as no checkpoints?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2023 at 5:21 AM, Schnur3rr said:

Does this still work? And what do you exactly mean with leave the game? Close the app or just the menu and press Save & Exit?

One further thing. How do I know if the game accepted my playthrough? Can I play mission by mission or do I need to complete the camping in one go without selecting other missions in between? I just completed the first mission on Veteran with a few randoms online but sometimes there have been server migrations and I am not sure if it counts as no checkpoints?

I had the same questions too. Can we play mission by mission and how do we know if the game accepted it in the first place 

• 5 weeks later...

Yea Resume Story is what I was doing wrong, I was mission selecting. Stupid as to why why we can't just mission select. 

For anyone wondering if your save is halfway through the campaign it will go back to mission 1 once you finish the last mission. 

Edited by GUDGER666