[Confirmed] Potential Cheese for Paramour II/III & Insanity II/III

Will try it out as well this weekend and see what works and what not.

Perhaps Paramour III and kill trophies are glitched on PS4? Two people already have a platinum in ME3, but no trophies in the mutual list (even if they skipped romance, at least kill trophies should have popped).

Edited by ReoJee
Content

11 minutes ago, ReoJee said:

Perhaps Paramour III and kill trophies are glitched on PS4? Two people already have a platinum in ME3, but no trophies in the mutual list (even if they skipped romance, at least kill trophies should have popped).

Somebody commented elsewhere that if you regularly delete the save which tracks your mutual stats you can stop this list from ever starting to pop. That’s probably what you’re seeing there

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReoJee said:

Will try it out as well this weekend and see what works and what not.

It is strange that the two plats in ME3 don't have any of the kill trophies.  You would think a full playthrough should result in at least 250 kills, unless they don't count kills by allies.  The only 2 people to plat it, both played passively via biotics and tech and waited for their allies to kill everything?  

AS far as paramour III, another couple of days and we should have our answer.  0 people have it so far, but one of these front runners for the trilogy should unlock it soon.

18 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

It is strange that the two plats in ME3 don't have any of the kill trophies.  You would think a full playthrough should result in at least 250 kills, unless they don't count kills by allies.  The only 2 people to plat it, both played passively via biotics and tech and waited for their allies to kill everything?  

AS far as paramour III, another couple of days and we should have our answer.  0 people have it so far, but one of these front runners for the trilogy should unlock it soon.

They were deleting their savefile (the one belonging to mutual list) once in a while so kill trophies did not pop.

5 minutes ago, Wrangberth said:

I did the ME1 Insanity cheese to get Insanity I and I was able to get Insanity II with deleting all profiles and redoing the final boss again.

But Insanity III did not work the third time i tried it.

So something is going on with the III trophies if both Insanity and Paramour doesn't unlock, I just hope they aren't glitched.

Oh well that's cool to know that at least it will work with Insanity II. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReoJee said:

They were deleting their savefile (the one belonging to mutual list) once in a while so kill trophies did not pop.

I see.  So by deleting these saves, not romancing and not playing on insanity, the list will remain at 0 trophies and you can delete the ME LE separate list from you profile.  Allowing all 3 plats without the 4th list.  Clever if you don't want to run the game on insanity.  Though having to delete ever hour it would seem to make sure nothing pops would seem tedious...

Edited by damcrac5

1 hour ago, damcrac5 said:

Actually there was a bug that prevented them from making progress during mass effect 3.  New Patch today addresses that.

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/update-5-17

Well it says same for ME1 and they did not unlock romance trophy, so I am still leaning to them purposefully avoiding this.

13 hours ago, Wrangberth said:

I did the ME1 Insanity cheese to get Insanity I and I was able to get Insanity II with deleting all profiles and redoing the final boss again.

So something is going on with the III trophies if both Insanity and Paramour doesn't unlock, I just hope they aren't glitched.

Hey thanks for doing this! I am very surprised nobody has Paramour III yet, but I suppose the game has only been street legal for three days and it will take time.

If this glitch can be used to skip at least one Insanity, I'm all for it. Mass Effect 3's Insanity is hard and challenging, but the kind of hard where it requires a lot of fast-paced heads-up gameplay from the player. I remember having some tough sections but nothing I couldn't do without practice and perseverance. Mass Effect 2's Insanity is beyond stupid and I would give anything to skip it. 

Edited by AerisFlowerGirl
  • Like 3

As far as I know, it was just to delete your profile saves (back them up to the Cloud first so you do not lose progress on stuff). 

However, I think it might be best to save this glitch until a second Insanity is cleared, and see if it you can skip the third. I am going to test this by beating Mass Effect 3 on Insanity, but it will probably take me 1-2 weeks before I am in a position to test it. 

I feel this 4th list is a major pain in the ass.  Not that I would mind playing the game on the hardest difficulty but having to worry that the trophy will pop after doing the 3rd game.  If it is glitched then it would take playing all 3 games again on the hardest difficulty once fixed.  What a stupid idea.  they should have just put the damn difficulty play throughs on each list and skipped this 4th list bullshit.  they probably did it to not deter the ratalaka fan club types from playing the 3 games because of difficulty.  I'll play these legit once I find out that the 4th list isn't bugged in any way,

• Like 1

Is it a condition to restart a new carreer? That‘s the only thing I didn‘t try out.

In my last attempt, I had deleted every save besides Autosave, which let me start the Battle without the cinematics introing it.. or is that the wrong part? 

To many variables..

On 17/05/2021 at 6:35 PM, Wrangberth said:

What exactly did you do to get this?

1 hour ago, Sylver001 said:

Is it a condition to restart a new carreer? That‘s the only thing I didn‘t try out.

In my last attempt, I had deleted every save besides Autosave, which let me start the Battle without the cinematics introing it.. or is that the wrong part? 

To many variables..

Did you try doing the entire ME1 Insanity glitch from scratch, ie the casual save right before beating the game for the first time?

Once I get through the trilogy (trying to take my time and enjoy it) I will be back to testing to help figure it out :)

4 hours ago, ReoJee said:

What exactly did you do to get this?

14 hours ago, Sylver001 said:

What exactly are the conditions for this? I beat ME I final Boss now for 5 times with different Saves deleted and got no second Insane.

I really would like to skip II.. 

To clarify what I did a little bit.

Note that this was before the 1.02 update a few days ago, I don't know if they sneakily fixed this with that patch or not.

EDIT 2: Don't know if it matters, I don't think so, as I deleted all the profile saves beforehand, but I had started ME2 and played several hours before I tried this. Had not started ME3, I'm going to try start ME3 and play a little bit and then go back and do the below steps again to see if that unlocks Insanity III also.

First I did this cheese step by step, giving me that cheesed save before the final boss.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/182334-hardcore-amp-insanity-made-easy/

I beat the boss and got Insanity I, pretty sure I went through all the scenes afterwards and got to the end scene, but don't think that matters.

EDIT 1: I checked the Xbox version of this and saw they all talked about quitting the game straight after you get the achievement, its possible that's what I did the first time and what allowed me to get the second Insanity. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I did the first time, as I tried several different things afterwards to try and get the third Insanity without any luck so far.

Backed up all my saves to the cloud/USB and deleted ALL the profile, gamer and whatever saves there is apart from the actual game save files.

To be certain, just keep the save you used to get Insanity I with and delete everything else.

Loaded the same save as I did the first Insanity on and did the boss again, and Insanity II pop for me.

Edited by Wrangberth

Reporting in to say that Paramour III popped as soon as I got my second romance in Mass Effect 2, after doing cheese above. That was very good news as it should mean that Insanity III should pop the same way and you should be able to skip at least one Insanity playthrough. Can't confirm yet though, so no promises but its better than nothing. Will test trying to pop Insanity II tomorrow, and then will try and beat Mass Effect 3 on Insanity for the third trophy. 

• Like 2

Im not sure what I did, but managed get all three Paramour trophies playing around with the first romance scene in ME1.

Now I have to back and try it with Insanity III again for like the 20th time....

Im getting really tired of beating Saren, its getting a bit tedious, its not like he is actually hard on insanity.

EDIT: YES, I have now also managed to cheese Insanity III! Not really much more then trying a few different things again and again. I will try and write down what I did in hope somebody else can reproduce this.

Edited by Wrangberth
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Wrangberth said:

Im not sure what I did, but managed get all three Paramour trophies playing around with the first romance scene in ME1.

Now I have to back and try it with Insanity III again for like the 20th time....

Im getting really tired of beating Saren, its getting a bit tedious, its not like he is actually hard on insanity.

EDIT: YES, I have now also managed to cheese Insanity III! Not really much more then trying a few different things again and again. I will try and write down what I did in hope somebody else can reproduce this.

Awesome news!!!

• Like 1