[Confirmed] Potential Cheese for Paramour II/III & Insanity II/III

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The new patch made it so importing a save into Mass Effect 2 from Mass Effect 1 will now only give a max of 100,000 credits, to "not break the early game experience"

Does this matter heavily? Starting the game soon and am thinking of playing 1 pre patched and getting the insanity trophies out of the way and then installing patches to play 2 and 3. Or should I import my character to 2 and then update patches? Also did the 1.00 version have game breaking glitches/bugs? 

18 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Does this matter heavily? Starting the game soon and am thinking of playing 1 pre patched and getting the insanity trophies out of the way and then installing patches to play 2 and 3. Or should I import my character to 2 and then update patches? Also did the 1.00 version have game breaking glitches/bugs? 

I would start ME2 right after you get the insanity trophies.

You can immediately import the ME1 character and get the credits, after that you can update.

I read that having those credits makes a big difference, you can pretty much buy all upgrades whenever they are available in the store without having to grind for credits.

• Like 1

I just re-installed the game to the 1.00 version and resurrected the cheese. Used my pre-1.03 save games without problems.

Got the Insanity II/III trophies now. Still need Paramour, but I don't have a ME1 save game before the love scene, so I'll probably have to cheat on Ashley in ME2 :P

If you want to re-install version 1.00, make sure to abort the automatic update download when you start the game before it completes downloading.

Also disable cloud save uploading for Mass Effect, to prevent losing the shared trophy progress.

When you re-install 1.00 you have to disable it again!

12 minutes ago, SpikeToW said:

Seems like Paramour2/3 not unlocking after 1.03 update.

Probably need to delete game and try to download without updates. Can somebody confirm that its possible to skip updates for digital version.

Apparently you can, but you need to setup some kind of proxy in your local network:

Can confirm reinstalling and going back to 1.00 even with a save from a different patch let’s you get Paramour II/III and Insanity II/III using Vanrun10000 method

Also you can use the auto save if the game makes one for you during the Saren fight to cut time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NovaSoma said:

Can confirm reinstalling and going back to 1.00 even with a save from a different patch let’s you get Paramour II/III and Insanity II/III using Vanrun10000 method

Also you can use the auto save if the game makes one for you during the Saren fight to cut time

You was using disk version to reinstall? or you can download 1.00 from store now.

8 minutes ago, SpikeToW said:

You was using disk version to reinstall? or you can download 1.00 from store now.

I was using the disk version. I know someone a few posts above posted a link on how to get 1.00 for digital but I’ve never done it

5 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Not gonna lie, I really hope they patched this. Difficulty-related trophies should NEVER be cheesable.

Nobody asked for your opinion.

So is this cheese confirmed to no longer be working on patch 1.03? If so, I will update the OP.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

Nobody asked for your opinion.

So is this cheese confirmed to no longer be working on patch 1.03? If so, I will update the OP.

No longer works in 1.03. I tried twice yesterday to get insanity 2 & 3 but failed. 
Re-installed 1.00 today and beat Saren twice earning both trophies. 
Luckily savegames can be just with older versions. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tieske said:

No longer works in 1.03. I tried twice yesterday to get insanity 2 & 3 but failed. 
Re-installed 1.00 today and beat Saren twice earning both trophies. 
Luckily savegames can be just with older versions. 

Thanks, glad the revert worked for you. I updated the original post earlier today. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I didn't know I needed permission to post in your thread. Where should I submit my future posts for approval?

You can shove them where the sun don't shine. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Didn’t you use the cheese in The Last of Us Remastered to only have to do Grounded+?

Sure, but don't you think there's a difference between "beating" Insanity in all three ME games within a couple of minutes and actually playing through TLoU on Grounded with a bunch of upgrades unlocked?

8 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Not gonna lie, I really hope they patched this. Difficulty-related trophies should NEVER be cheesable.

If its available, you bet your ass i'm gonna use a difficulty glitch in any game. A huge time and frustration saver, while i can focus on enjoying the story and unlock the platinum as a bonus too.

Not everyone has a lot of time to burn or the patience to repeat bosses over and over to find out the best strategy.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think the Last of Us Grounded mode trick (which I used too BTW - I'm not shaming) - is a "Difficulty related trophy cheese", and a perfect illustration of why, if you are going to make public declarations of extremist or superlative opinions, like this: 

you have to be awful careful about your own backyard, because they are so easy to mine for hypocrisy.

This may sound hypocritical, but I just don't think that doing the Grounded mode trick is that bad. You're not jumping straight to the finish line, you still have to play the game on the hardest difficulty, albeit with upgraded weapons.

Saying that I'd like to see the Insanity exploit patched feels pretty non-controversial to me. I mean, should we really be celebrating this? I guess it's fine, if you only care about how many trophies you have, but there's still a lot of people out there who care about rarity. And before somebody accuses me of taking this shit way too seriously, I'm only saying this because we're on a trophy hunting forum.

1 minute ago, ShadowReplicant said:

This may sound hypocritical, but I just don't think that doing the Grounded mode trick is that bad. You're not jumping straight to the finish line, you still have to play the game on the hardest difficulty, albeit with upgraded weapons.

Me either - hence me doing it too

Saying that I'd like to see the Insanity exploit patched feels pretty non-controversial to me. I mean, should we really be celebrating this?

This thread isn’t celebrating it - it’s explaining how to do it.

I guess it's fine, if you only care about how many trophies you have,

or if, like me, and virtually everyone else on here, you have done insanity already in these games, and know fine well that it’s not the best way to experience m games based in story and choice 

but there's still a lot of people out there who care about rarity.

if they do, then they are on the wrong site, since rarity is wrong in a myriad of ways that have nothing to do with cheesable exploits

And before somebody accuses me of taking this shit way too seriously, I'm only saying this because we're on a trophy hunting forum.

you’re on a thread about how to do an exploit, complaining about the existence of exploits - while having a profile showing use of other exploits.

What did you think was going to happen?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Sure, but don't you think there's a difference between "beating" Insanity in all three ME games within a couple of minutes and actually playing through TLoU on Grounded with a bunch of upgrades unlocked?

cheesing is cheesing, no matter how you paint it

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

you’re on a thread about how to do an exploit, complaining about the existence of exploits - while having a profile showing use of other exploits.

What did you think was going to happen?

Call me a hypocrite, but my point still stands. You shouldn't be able to unlock Insanity II/III by doing a bunch of nonsense in the first game. It's a bug, it should be patched. Nothing controversial or extremist about that.

5 hours ago, rap1re said:

Lol, i bought the game yesterday and they decided to patch the cheese. Has anyone already tried reverting digital copy of mass effect to 1.00 using the method as per post above? 

You should give it a try, the method listed in the thread linked above has worked for me before on a number of games. So in theory it should work with Mass Effect as well. I've only used the proxy on PS4 though, so no clue if it works the same for PS5. Getting a disc copy would be easiest tho.