[Confirmed] Potential Cheese for Paramour II/III & Insanity II/III

41 minutes ago, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

So, this glitch is probably impossible to do on PS5. Just backed up my save files & PS5 shows just one file. When backing up it says 1/6 etc, but the console interface only lets me interact with 1 general file (upload or delete). Wonder if I can install the game (ver.1.00) on my PS4, do the glitch there using save backed up to the cloud through my PS5. So the question is will the PS4 accept save files from PS5...

Not sure what the problem is, I did it just fine on PS5. 

18 hours ago, AyAerith said:

Not sure what the problem is, I did it just fine on PS5. 

Yes, you're right, it was my mistake, sorry for the confusion. I have PS5 since April, I gues I'm not fully proficient with the UI & didn't know how to operate save files (it's slightly different than on PS4).

Anyway funny thing happened - installed ver.1.00 on my PS4, downloaded save files from the cloud, did the glitch for Paramour I, II, III. Then I returned to PS5, to continue my legit playthrough & Paramour I (which I already unlocked via PS4 on the same account) popped again on PS5 :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 6:43 AM, ReoJee said:

No, it won’t affect progress. Just make sure you back up your original save.

The actual Save 1 file or the gamer profile, trilogy profile, launcher profile and Saved Data file?

Because my Save 1 file is partly the PS3 cheese. I beat the game on normal, then started the process for the insanity part, but stopped right before the fight. I unpatched the game, beat the game on insanity for the 1st time and then uploaded everything to the cloud. Then I did everything else for the Insanity II and III and the redownloaded everything from the cloud. Is that file still okay to use?

Edit: Never mind, just realised that the guide says to back up after the 1st Insanity trophy, which I did. So I should be good.

Edited by DoodgraverNL
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Looking to get this with Xmas money on disc

Can someone please confirm my thinking is correct for fastest method

1. Play 1.00 ME1 casual

2. Do Paramore glitching for I/II/III

3. Do Insanity glitching for I/II/III

4. Start ME2 import character get the 100k credits

5. Update to 1.03

6. Finish ME2&3 on casual

7. Mop up miscellaneous

49 minutes ago, Mason__666 said:

Looking to get this with Xmas money on disc

Can someone please confirm my thinking is correct for fastest method

1. Play 1.00 ME1 casual

2. Do Paramore glitching for I/II/III

3. Do Insanity glitching for I/II/III

4. Start ME2 import character get the 100k credits

5. Update to 1.03

6. Finish ME2&3 on casual

7. Mop up miscellaneous

Sounds about right also when u do the insanity thing u can use shotty with explod ammo and the build for it to get the max damage u can basically popcorn saren all around the map and he won't get much chance to hit you and u can use your shield to avoid all but sniper fire and it refills while ur shield is active to basically go mode the fight but still Abit of luck involved

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mason__666 said:

Remind me? Not played since 360. TIA

I don't remember completely how I did it I'd have to look up a what I sent a friend awhile back but you can set it up where there's nearly no cool down on the shotguns using the exploding ammo so you can spam it on saren and have the meat mods for the shotgun so it's doing massive damage per explosion and do this with your whole party 

So basically you and your team kill sarens Shield in afew shots then you can rag doll him till the cut scene then kill his shield and ragdoll him around the map till he's dead combine this with the shield from Shepard's job class(I forget which has it) and your basically on his mode taking no damage except sniper fire and just bounce saren around like popcorn in a popcorn maker it takes like 3 minutes if that on insanity

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/172009-saren-on-insanity-the-lolway/

That thread describes the basic method I used not just original post but also the second one about using dambeners and coils. And I never needed to use throw I just used the shotguns and had my party aim for what I did 

Using this way is likely the easiest if your doing the glitch cause you probably don't want to do the fight the hard way 3 times back to back

Also there's the glitch that let's u play casual make a save before the fight complete the game start on insanity get to a certain point then save and load up that end game save switch to insanity and only need to do the final boss 

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this doesn't work on patched digital version? Are there any other workarounds (aside from downgrading the digital version) or with digital I have to do all games either on insanity from the start or 2 playthroughs each? 

I love the games but I've played them twice on pc, then platinumed the trilogy on PS3. So I'd rather just breeze through them for the story/100% if possible. 

25 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

So this doesn't work on patched digital version? Are there any other workarounds (aside from downgrading the digital version) or with digital I have to do all games either on insanity from the start or 2 playthroughs each? 

I love the games but I've played them twice on pc, then platinumed the trilogy on PS3. So I'd rather just breeze through them for the story/100% if possible. 

The glitch for Insanity in ME 1 works on the latest patch (1.03). The glitch that allows you to finish ME1 three times and get Insanity II and Insanity III only works up to 1.02.

Since saves are compatible between versions, the most convenient way is probably to just finish the trilogy on 1.03, keeping in mind to make an additional save between the final boss fight in ME1. Then, after finishing everything else, you can downgrade to 1.00 and get your three missing Insanity trophies.

15 minutes ago, squats_and_milk said:

The glitch for Insanity in ME 1 works on the latest patch (1.03). The glitch that allows you to finish ME1 three times and get Insanity II and Insanity III only works up to 1.02.

Since saves are compatible between versions, the most convenient way is probably to just finish the trilogy on 1.03, keeping in mind to make an additional save between the final boss fight in ME1. Then, after finishing everything else, you can downgrade to 1.00 and get your three missing Insanity trophies.

Thanks. Hopefully downgrading works on EA Play games as well. I'll try it and if it fails I'll just do insanity on ng+ in ME2 and 3. I was dreading insanity in ME1 the most, I remember it being incredibly annoying. 

32 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

Thanks. Hopefully downgrading works on EA Play games as well. I'll try it and if it fails I'll just do insanity on ng+ in ME2 and 3. I was dreading insanity in ME1 the most, I remember it being incredibly annoying. 

There's. Glitch u can play on the easiest setting save before the find ah knight beat it start an insanity playthrough get to a certain point save them switch to your final boss save switch to insanity and complete it and get credit but I think there's a little more to it

10 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

There's. Glitch u can play on the easiest setting save before the find ah knight beat it start an insanity playthrough get to a certain point save them switch to your final boss save switch to insanity and complete it and get credit but I think there's a little more to it

Yeah, I've read about it and I intend to use it. Hopefully I manage to downgrade the digital version so I don't have to do ng+ runs of ME2 and 3 on insanity, because I just remembered that one almost invincible guy at the end of ME3 (I think) and I'm really not looking forward to raging at him again haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.01.2022 at 2:01 PM, Doma8800 said:

Can anyone confirm if the downgrade works with the EA Play digital edition?

It works fine (downloading was a lot slower for me though). I just downloaded the game via that PC proxy program and it's 1.00. Gonna do the exploit in a moment but since it's showing as unpatched, I don't see why it wouldn't work. 

Edit: the exploit also worked and Insanity trophies popped.

Edited by the1andonly654
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just did paramour I-3 with no issues on 1.0 which was surprised worked (as only looked at the front page) was going to do it at least twice as it was due to liara getting screwed over for not counting in ME2 though the dlc is now a part of the package and you'd think they could of changed the coding to make that match.

Pleased I do not have to do insanity again for these too ?, doing them on the 360 (and ME2 twice) was enough for me.... Do not have the patience for difficulty trophies as a whole anymore so being able to do it as cheaply as possible is a good thing. Thank you to all those who listed the tricks for this between the xbox and ps side it made things a lot easier on me in the long run... I love the trilogy apart from the ending of 3....which really ruined the experience (and the directors cut dlc never did enough for it to fix all the issues)

Edited by FrozenLionheart

• 8 months later...

Are ME2 and 3 really that hard? 
I found 1 on insanity a breeze, even the last stage was pretty easy. Easier than most encounters I have faced playing ME2 so far 

First time playing them, so I wanted to do this legit but 2 is trying my patience at times but I think it’s doable. Just finished saving our favourite sniper, going two man to shut the doors was annoying. Is 3 harder? 

I have the disc version so dropping down to version 1.0 would be easy enough if saves are still compatible. But I’d like to give this a damn good go first 

Edited by mikem192

• 5 weeks later...

Will the digital version be possible to downgrade without a proxy, like what we can with Granblue fantasy?

p.s. GB needs all the paid dlc in order to plat in the latest version. However, if you leave around 6-7 GB space on the ps4 console, then download the game, you could start the game without the patch and plat it without any dlc. Wondering if it works with mass effect.

Edited by archangeltw_

43 minutes ago, NodnerbZero said:

guys, this legendary version doesn't have a platinum trophy, right?

does that mean that even playing each Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, you won't be able to platinum them individually?

it has 4 lists. The three games have their individual list with platinums and the 4th is a list that spans all 3 games that has objectives like beat all games on insane and kill certain amount of enemies. 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman

40 minutes ago, NodnerbZero said:

guys, this legendary version doesn't have a platinum trophy, right?

does that mean that even playing each Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, you won't be able to platinum them individually?

Dude, ME 1, 2, and 3 have a platinum each. You can play any difficulty you like to get all three platinums. It has a fourth trophy list that has no platinum but much more difficult to achieve 100%. This post discusses the fourth trophy list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know the 3x Insanity does not work anymore with one game finish on insanity 3 times but does the ME1 insanity cheese still work? You know the one when you play on easy finish, start new game on insanity and reload old save with insanity setting and finish game again to get insanity trophy?