How rough is challenge mode these days?

VoidVictorious

Tbh i dont know because I've only started and finished the game during the last week. However, I already did 11 of the 12 challenges with a golden score and only have 1 left to go. If you follow youtube guides it gets easier. However, it still requires some skill and lots if patience!! 

Cheers!

I don't know how hard the challenges were at the launch of the game but for me personally the challenges weren't that hard to complete.

There were a few annoying challenges but with a YouTube guide and some repetition they are not that bad. 

The challenges just take some time and were not that interesting in my opinion, except for the Dead Don't Ride challenge that one had a pretty funny concept.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not that hard tbh, but it’s a challenge for sure.

Getting gold doesn’t require much more then practice, but 3 of the challenges can actually be pretty tricky.

The hardest one will be the bike challenge outride, due to the wonky physics and poor bike controls.

• Like 1

I will end up spending more time on the Challenges than I did completing the rest of the trophies. I had no problems with Survival II NG+.

The challenges offer very little room for error, and some to me are VERY hard. I have 6/12 gold patches after about 3 weeks of trying. 

Outride, Surrounded, and Ambush camp will be the hardest for me. And maybe the golf cart one.

Outride is super fun but it is still frustrating to get 3 subgolds, a silver, no crashes, and still not get the overall gold by a wide margin... that one needs all 4 subgolds. Yeesh.

Personally I have always taken issue with these types of trophies, where to get one you have to get lucky. Sure some can do it repeatedly but I will be lucky to get everything right just once.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, audiopile said:

I will end up spending more time on the Challenges than I did completing the rest of the trophies. I had no problems with Survival II NG+.

The challenges offer very little room for error, and some to me are VERY hard. I have 6/12 gold patches after about 3 weeks of trying. 

Outride, Surrounded, and Ambush camp will be the hardest for me. And maybe the golf cart one.

Outride is super fun but it is still frustrating to get 3 subgolds, a silver, no crashes, and still not get the overall gold by a wide margin... that one needs all 4 subgolds. Yeesh.

Personally I have always taken issue with these types of trophies, where to get one you have to get lucky. Sure some can do it repeatedly but I will be lucky to get everything right just once.

Outride is pretty difficult and easily the hardest part of the game.

Only reason being is you have to hope your bike dosnt wipe out when you land on the ramps.

I swear it’s legit ring if it does or not.

On 06/06/2021 at 2:15 PM, BluesFanUK said:

I've no idea how they were pre-patch, the latest disc (as of May 2020) comes with 1.61 pre-installed, they're very frustrating though, draining enough having to do a second tedious run of the game. The DLC trophies have definitely altered my opinion of the game as a whole, and not for the better. If you're resorting to Youtube to get your gold medals in challenges then clearly there's something wrong with the implementation...

Well, they are meant to be challenges, not a walk in the park, right?

More like if you resort to YouTube videos then you don’t want to put time in to figure out how to gold them. And that’s your problem and not the game’s problem. 

On 15/06/2021 at 11:39 PM, alexwise said:

Well, they are meant to be challenges, not a walk in the park, right?

More like if you resort to YouTube videos then you don’t want to put time in to figure out how to gold them. And that’s your problem and not the game’s problem. 

You're half right, putting the time in to 'figure it out' is just repetition, get past the initial confusion of how the challenges work and you have to spend an enormous amount of time to work out what to do via trial and error, which gets boring fast. How many times did you need to do Outride or Dead Don't Ride before you found the 'golden' path, then memorised where those jumps were/order of picking people up? For the Ambush Camp challenge there's a timer... but you can actually take as long as you like by doing the sub-challenges (which should be optional). Also why on earth are you rewarded for picking up items?

I got round to starting and finishing Prototype's platinum medals earlier this year, there's 50 of them, and some of them were very frustrating, but at least they were straightforward enough - get from Point A to Point B as fast as you can, kill as many enemies as possible with a certain power within a time limit, glide close as possible to the centre point marker etc. That was all player skill, didn't require investing hours to work out some form of exploit to beat them. Took me longer to do 12 Days Gone challenges than it did the 50+ in Prototype, and it had nothing to do with difficulty!

• Like 4

I got 100% on Days Gone challenges dlc and that's my experience: I personally liked them a lot because they require strategy, patience and determination. Some are more difficult than others but all very doable. For me is not a 8/10 but is highly subjective. Patches are fundamental because they add some useful perk so play each challenge once and get atleast bronze/silver then replaying for a golden one.

1) HORDES: There're many ways to score like attractor bomb, napalm molotov, grenades and pipe bomb trying to keep a 250-300 combo. For Keep Them Safer equip lev.3 Fleur De Lis and Lionheart rings. For others hordes challenges you can equip lev. 3 Bullets and Ram rings. 

2) BIKE: They're boring because of the jumps physics that sometimes make you fall for no reason. Outride and Drifters Run are not evil don't worry, Engine and Snake rings will be your best friends in those ones. Snake ring is able to repair your bike while drifting so you can abuse it for substantial bike damages. 

I hope this helps everyone and believe in yourself, those challenges are not hard as they seems. You can watch some video to learn enemies pattern, the best route or some item location but always consider the improvisation factor. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got them done and i can say that with all the guides on yt the difficulty is about 5/10. None of them took me too many tries and i was surprised how quickly i was done with bike ones,when everybody said that they are the worst. And what surprised me even more-i liked them all. Nothing frustrating.

I did everything like guide recommended. Played through all of them for bronze/silver (or gold,in 2 of them i got gold on first try) and then checked yt for meta for each mission.

Was done playing casually across 3 days. No way they took me 30h like guide suggest. More like 15h.

Turns out i was afraid of them for no reason,seeing how hyped up they were. Just survival 2 on ng+ and im done.

And i have to admit- on ps5 with 60fps this game is really good. I did not expect it to be that fun to play and story that intresting. But im glad i waited this long to play it for fully patched experience.

Edited by yoszek
  • Like 3

On 7. 7. 2021 at 4:35 PM, yoszek said:

I just got them done and i can say that with all the guides on yt the difficulty is about 5/10. None of them took me too many tries and i was surprised how quickly i was done with bike ones,when everybody said that they are the worst. And what surprised me even more-i liked them all. Nothing frustrating.

I did everything like guide recommended. Played through all of them for bronze/silver (or gold,in 2 of them i got gold on first try) and then checked yt for meta for each mission.

Was done playing casually across 3 days. No way they took me 30h like guide suggest. More like 15h.

Turns out i was afraid of them for no reason,seeing how hyped up they were. Just survival 2 on ng+ and im done.

And i have to admit- on ps5 with 60fps this game is really good. I did not expect it to be that fun to play and story that intresting. But im glad i waited this long to play it for fully patched experience.

My experience was pretty much identical to yours. I expected something much worse but video guides (especially from Borislav247) make this DLC a piece of cake. I did 11/12 challenges in 2 days and finished the last one today. None of the challenges were too hard once I knew the path to take. I almost feel like the guide here @ PSNP needs a revision.

Edited by HusKy

There is only one challenge that might pose a challenge and that's Outrider and perhaps the first horde challenge called Surrounded if you decide to do it first with no patches and rings equipped.

Everything else is pretty easy and will only take a couple of tries.

Follow MrReigns video guides since they are by FAR the best guides online.

11 hours ago, Quink666 said:

There is only one challenge that might pose a challenge and that's Outrider and perhaps the first horde challenge called Surrounded if you decide to do it first with no patches and rings equipped.

Everything else is pretty easy and will only take a couple of tries.

Follow MrReigns video guides since they are by FAR the best guides online.

Well,you can just get to the roof on the surrounded  immidiatly and be immune to all horde attacks. And then it takes like 10 minutes to get gold making it easiest challenge of them all.

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Does that still work? I thought that got killed

You can climb up on one of the burned down buildings but you need to get across the roof on a very slippery beam of wood. I personally didn't use it, instead just did it "normal" way by following a specific strategy and that worked nicely too.