How rough is challenge mode these days?

VoidVictorious

15 hours ago, HusKy said:

My experience was pretty much identical to yours. I expected something much worse but video guides (especially from Borislav247) make this DLC a piece of cake. I did 11/12 challenges in 2 days and finished the last one today. None of the challenges were too hard once I knew the path to take. I almost feel like the guide here @ PSNP needs a revision.

The guide is fine, not everyone is a godly gamer.

50 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

The guide is fine, not everyone is a godly gamer.

It's nice to know there's at least 5 godly gamers in this thread alone.

The thing is, knowing which order to do the challenges in, which rings to use and which path to take makes this DLC significantly easier.

For example: Getting gold in Hog Wild (challenge 10) makes Outride (challenge 8) easier because you unlock "In Sight" patch which makes your pistol far more accurate (on motorbike).

Edited by HusKy

Outride is mostly RNG and luck. Miss a jump, ramp or a landing and your multiplier is done. The shooting accuracy won't be of much help if you mess up the more important sub-challenges. The only thing that makes Outride slightly easier is that you get bonus points for finishing it.

I did all these with Gold and Gold in all Sub-Challenges when they were first released, 1 a week for 12 weeks. I just hated the bike challenges, they're awful, Drifter's Run and Outride are the only 2 Challenges that really gave me problems. If you think Outride is hard now, well they patched it, when it was first released it was much harder, the needed score and requirements for Gold and Sub-Challenges were higer.

Edited by Nitemares-----

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It’s challenging.

lol at “it’s not hard, it’s just really time consuming” and “it’s not hard if you study these YouTube videos” posts. Just lol. Still lol-ing. Ahem, okay. Got that out of the way.

The challenges are difficult because they require precision and you’re at the mercy of the game’s RNG AI whether or not the freakers will die or they’ll hit you while on fire with 1hp left ruining your combo you just spent 5 minutes building. And a good chunk of the sub challenges are pretty questionably designed.

Black Friday is a really fun level. 

• Like 2

I got GOLD on all the challenges a few days ago. Honestly, it's not that tough overall. Echoing what some here in the forums have said, it takes a lot of tries and tips from YouTubers to achieve them.

Personally, I only went for all GOLD patches and at least BRONZE in the sub-challenges; just to get the trophies. I can see it being really tough to get GOLD for everything. Toughest challenges for me are the bike ones. I just cannot handle the bike controls.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Before everything i sucks in challenges but yesterday i got all subchallenge of outrider to gold in one go to finish line yet i got 10800 score 

may god bring the curse of the underworld and the wrath of the seven seas to the person who adjusted these challenges. 

Edited by cometowner
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, GigiFG said:

for the trophy"Gold Team Rules" you need to unlock the gold for all the sub-challenge?

You only need overall gold, sub challenges are not important. Though you will get gold in many sub challenges just by going for overall gold.

edit. Also, there's a series of video guides here:

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1