Saints Row The Third Remastered (PS5) coming May 25th.

Saints Row: The Third Remastered Trophies - PS5 - Exophase.com

It appears a PlayStation 5 version of Saints Row The Third Remastered is on the cards as Exophase has listed a Trophy list overnight for a native edition of the game on Sony's latest console. Featuring the exact same number of Trophies as well as replicated descriptions and requirements as the PS4 version, this current-gen version does indeed seem to be a thing. Trophy listings also usually indicate a game is close to release, so some sort of announcement from publisher Deep Silver may well be imminent.

When we wrote the Push Square review of the PS4 version of Saints Row The Third Remastered last year, we praised its commitment to dumb fun, memorable missions, and a ludicrous open world. Dated game design and awkward controls got in the way of that enjoyment, however. "Even all these years later, it's a refreshingly stupid sandbox title that offers up some memorable moments — it's just a shame that they're buried beneath tedious activities and gameplay that feels incredibly basic by today's standards." A PS5 version very likely won't impact the sort of game feel drawbacks that led to our criticisms, but the visuals would surely look even better.

Would you be interested in a PS5 version of Saints Row The Third Remastered? Invade a BDSM nightclub in the comments below.

Saints Row The Third Remastered PS5 Version Likely as Trophy List Appears - Push Square

SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD REMASTERED COMING TO GEN 9

As rumoured, Saints Row The Third Remastered is coming to PlayStation 5, and it'll be a free upgrade if you already own the game on PS4. It arrives next week, on the 25th May — that'll be just over a year since the PS4 version launched.

The official press release says that the PS5 edition will boast 60 frames-per-second at dynamic 4K resolution. It'll also feature "much faster" load times thanks to the system's custom SSD. Exactly what you'd expect, then.

Will you be playing Saints Row The Third on PS5, here in 2021? 

Saints Row The Third Remastered Comes to PS5 Next Week, Free Upgrade for PS4 Players - Push Square

Edited by snakebit10
Added a link to op.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

SR4's Remastered port on PS4 was disappointing. Not expecting much from this one.

This is for Saints Row the Third. The remaster for that on PS4 was pretty good. I only played SR4 on PS4 so I don't know how that was on PS3. From what I remember it played well.

I wouldn't mind playing this again, I don't understand why they don't promote that it's coming to PS5. A trophy list is out but yet not information about a PS5 release date or cross-buy if get a free upgrade you own the ps4 version.

It's so bizarre.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

The Third was essentially a full remake on PS4.

I wouldn't go that far, although it tweaked quite a lot of things. It was a very comprehensive remaster but still a remaster; remakes are rebuilt from the ground up. Kinda like Mass Effect: Legendary Edition in terms of scope, I think.

21 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I wouldn't go that far, although it tweaked quite a lot of things. It was a very comprehensive remaster but still a remaster; remakes are rebuilt from the ground up. Kinda like Mass Effect: Legendary Edition in terms of scope, I think.

Did you see how much they changed in the PS4 version? It very well could qualify as a remake I think.

2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Just make a new one already for fuck sakes. 

It’s in development, we know that much. There’s rumors of them revealing it at E3, which I hope is true.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

i think E3 almost needs to be big this year... too much at stake it seems..

i expect a new Saints Row possibly back to the roots and less over the top which would be nice......or a complete remake of 1 and 2.

an update on Elder scrolls 6,

a trailer and release date for Elden Ring, Shin Megami V...

but yeah i did want SR3 physical on ps4, was hard to find in store so if it got a ps5 release i may pick it up. 

https://saintsrow.com/news/saints-row-the-third-remastered-coming-to-gen-9

Excellent news has just dropped, Saints! On May 25, Saints Row: The Third Remastered will bring the mayhem to Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 5. This version will also be free to all current owners of the game, and will equal the ultra settings on PC.

Improvements made to the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 version include a framerate boost to 60 FPS and dynamic 4K resolution, whilst Xbox Series X players can choose between Performance (60 FPS 1080p) and beauty (30FPS, 4K) modes. Of course this version will also take advantage of the SSDs in the new consoles to serve much faster loading times. Plus, by popular request, we have added Saints Purple to the glow colour on the DualSense controller.

To add to the Saints news, we can confirm that Saints Row: The Third Remastered will be available on Good Old Games on May 22, launching alongside the Steam version.

• Like 2

Very happy about this

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/saints_row_the_third_remastered_comes_to_ps5_next_week_free_upgrade_for_ps4_players

I currently own a copy on my ps4 pro but I haven't played it yet. The game still looks great on the pro but the framerate can get choppy in busy areas so I'm hoping the PS5 will fix those issues. Now if only one can find a PS5...

16 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Very happy about this

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/saints_row_the_third_remastered_comes_to_ps5_next_week_free_upgrade_for_ps4_players

I currently own a copy on my ps4 pro but I haven't played it yet. The game still looks great on the pro but the framerate can get choppy in busy areas so I'm hoping the PS5 will fix those issues. Now if only one can find a PS5...

Looks like I may play it for a 3rd time. Played it on PS3 and PS4 so far.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

Meh, why not just patch the existing version?

Because patching is a very limited solution. All they would have been able to do is bump the resolution as it was already at 60fps - I don't recall any patched PS4->PS5 game that changed anything about the game other than Framerate and/or Resolution

This native PS5 edition now loads in under a second, has all settings equal to Ultra on PC, runs with a dynamic 4k at 60fps, uses the adaptive triggers, haptics, and activities, and has an improvement to the lighting, textures, and visual effects.

I'd take a native upgrade over a patch any day, it also means you can enjoy the game again with all the new features, with a bunch of new trophies to earn as you play. But, if you've played it on the PS4 already, you don't have to grab the PS5 version, nobody's forced to get every upgrade and set of trophies. Having a new set does 'reward' you for playing the game again though, rather than offering no incentive to play it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Did you see how much they changed in the PS4 version? It very well could qualify as a remake I think.

Again, remakes are remade from the ground up, by definition. If it was a remake it would be built as a modern gen game; it's still the same game they released on PS3, just with extensive graphical reworking. Most remasters are much more lazily done than SR3's was, granted, but that doesn't change the definition of a remake, and SR3 Remastered sells itself as a remaster.

It's the difference between, say, the recent Mass Effect Legendary Edition, which is a collection of remasters with significant balance changes and some graphical fixes, and Medievil, Shadow of the Colossus, or the Spyro trilogy, which were rebuilt from the ground up based on the original game.

Edited by Darling Baphomet