Saints Row The Third Remastered (PS5) coming May 25th.

10 minutes ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Because that is lazy and the likes of Sony that keep doing that should be ashamed of their pathetic laziness.

This was probably a developer choice not Sony, you Sony haters really don’t seem to think realistically about these kinds of things.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

This was probably a developer choice not Sony, you Sony haters really don’t seem to think realistically about these kinds of things.

My post had nothing to do with hating Sony.  The person I quoted asked why they don't just patch the PS4 version which I said is lazy since all they can do is unlock framerates and resolutions so native PS5 versions like this are much better.  I used Sony as an example of doing lazy patches instead because Sony in particular have been bad for lazy patches with first party PS4 games instead of more enhanced native PS5 ports such as this is getting.  Pretty sure Sony are realistically in control of their first party library. ?

Edited by Hayabusa85

This is now the 10th game I own getting the free upgrade treatment. 

I'm torn on this, on one hand I like that I already have a decent library of games for when I do get a PS5...but...where's the hard hitting new stuff? When Sony originally announced that a handful of games were getting free upgrades to PS5, I never thought it'd be this extensive...and it's starting to feel like this is all devs are working on, it's like they can't stand that their game isn't on the latest and greatest hardware...even though we have an entire fan base waiting on Saints Row 5. 

It's just weird that this whole practice is a good AND bad thing at the same time. 

22 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

boo. my post got deleted. 

Never played 3. maybe will pick it up on ps5.

idc if its another "cheap stack". I also don't care how other players accumulate trophies. Wanna stack 5 of the same game, go ahead. Your choice. 

it's the best one.  By far.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, snakebit10 said:

Saints Row: The Third Remastered Trophies - PS5 - Exophase.com

It appears a PlayStation 5 version of Saints Row The Third Remastered is on the cards as Exophase has listed a Trophy list overnight for a native edition of the game on Sony's latest console. Featuring the exact same number of Trophies as well as replicated descriptions and requirements as the PS4 version, this current-gen version does indeed seem to be a thing. Trophy listings also usually indicate a game is close to release, so some sort of announcement from publisher Deep Silver may well be imminent.

When we wrote the Push Square review of the PS4 version of Saints Row The Third Remastered last year, we praised its commitment to dumb fun, memorable missions, and a ludicrous open world. Dated game design and awkward controls got in the way of that enjoyment, however. "Even all these years later, it's a refreshingly stupid sandbox title that offers up some memorable moments — it's just a shame that they're buried beneath tedious activities and gameplay that feels incredibly basic by today's standards." A PS5 version very likely won't impact the sort of game feel drawbacks that led to our criticisms, but the visuals would surely look even better.

Would you be interested in a PS5 version of Saints Row The Third Remastered? Invade a BDSM nightclub in the comments below.

Saints Row The Third Remastered PS5 Version Likely as Trophy List Appears - Push Square

SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD REMASTERED COMING TO GEN 9

As rumoured, Saints Row The Third Remastered is coming to PlayStation 5, and it'll be a free upgrade if you already own the game on PS4. It arrives next week, on the 25th May — that'll be just over a year since the PS4 version launched.

The official press release says that the PS5 edition will boast 60 frames-per-second at dynamic 4K resolution. It'll also feature "much faster" load times thanks to the system's custom SSD. Exactly what you'd expect, then.

Will you be playing Saints Row The Third on PS5, here in 2021? 

Saints Row The Third Remastered Comes to PS5 Next Week, Free Upgrade for PS4 Players - Push Square

Forgot the third got remastered. Need to go play it lol. I’ve done 4 and Gat Out of Hell. Believe we did the 3 hours together for Gat lol.

edit. I was wrong lol. Swore it was you, guess not after checking xD

Edited by SKiL_Clash

24 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Forgot the third got remastered. Need to go play it lol. I’ve done 4 and Gat Out of Hell. Believe we did the 3 hours together for Gat lol.

edit. I was wrong lol. Swore it was you, guess not after checking xD

No. @Dr_Mayus helped me with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mont348 said:

When did Sony start making Saints Row Games? 1f603.png

I didn't mean they did and I'm glad they don't because we are getting a native PS5 version of this while with them we would just get a patch at most.  Right on queue they did it yet again with The Last of Us Part II today.  UbiSoft and EA have been bad for it too so by no means is it just Sony.  Even if they didn't bother with ray tracing or anything special native PS5 versions with near instant loading, maybe some haptics and a new trophy list since we are on a trophy site after all is all I would need to be happy.  With games I have not played before or finished I'm not as bothered with it (Would still prefer it) but I would have been down for another run through of something like Ghost of Tsushima with a native PS5 version.

1 hour ago, kingdrake2 said:

it's ftw. i love the saints row series. would love a remaster of 4 and gat out of hell if they're listening.

Would like 4 a lot too.  I seem to be in the minority that has that as my favorite since I liked the Crackdown vibes I got from it.  2 would be fun to re-visit too though.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

It's the difference between, say, the recent Mass Effect Legendary Edition, which is a collection of remasters with significant balance changes and some graphical fixes, and Medievil, Shadow of the Colossus, or the Spyro trilogy, which were rebuilt from the ground up based on the original game.

Don't forget Mafia: Definitive Edition and the Crash N'Sane Trilogy.

If people want to see remasters done right, look at Dark Souls Remastered and Vanquish on the PS4. Saints Row the Third from what I've seen in video coverage on the PS4 is just a hideous mess. It's no better than how Ubisoft treats their shit remasters.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Don't forget Mafia: Definitive Edition and the Crash N'Sane Trilogy.

If people want to see remasters done right, look at Dark Souls Remastered and Vanquish on the PS4. Saints Row the Third from what I've seen in video coverage on the PS4 is just a hideous mess. It's no better than how Ubisoft treats their shit remasters.

SR3 does still look like a PS3 game at times, but they did a lot of remodeling and extensive graphical tweaks. You can say the game looks bad; Saints Row has never been a cutting edge franchise, but it's grossly misinformed to say that it was a low effort remaster. I recommend watching the Digital Foundry video comparison.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:04 PM, snakebit10 said:

Get on it. LOL.

I'm about to play SR3 for the 3rd time. Maybe not right away. It's just been a year since the remaster come out.

Exactly, I think it's crazy releasing this at all.

5 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Exactly, I think it's crazy releasing this at all.

True. I wonder though if for developers going back and tweaking somethings on a old game on the new hardware is a way just to familiarize themselves with what can be done? I don't know the answer. I don't even know how long developers has had dev kits. Just a question.

16 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

True. I wonder though if for developers going back and tweaking somethings on a old game on the new hardware is a way just to familiarize themselves with what can be done? I don't know the answer. I don't even know how long developers has had dev kits. Just a question.

It's a good question and interesting, If it's digital only it would cut production costs.