Trophy Thoughts???

Exeshow678

Pretty interesting with some grindy ones like the wood & stone trophies and some simple ones thrown in aswell and the wacky 11:11 trophy and overall some simple tasks just for the trophies 

Edited by Exeshow678

Honestly it doesn't seem that hard just grindy, that amount of wood to be gathered will take quite a while, reminding me of the 7 days to die trophies. 

But honestly i like the trophies names and pics and the reference to breaking bad, will for sure put that on my trophy cabinet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cynical_Hunter said:

Honestly it doesn't seem that hard just grindy, that amount of wood to be gathered will take quite a while, reminding me of the 7 days to die trophies. 

But honestly i like the trophies names and pics and the reference to breaking bad, will for sure put that on my trophy cabinet.

was that one the "yeah!, science" one? if so, i like that one, i like trophies with thought out names instead of bare-bones names like some games

9 minutes ago, Exeshow678 said:

was that one the "yeah!, science" one? if so, i like that one, i like trophies with thought out names instead of bare-bones names like some games

Yeah that one and my personal favorite "I am the one who knocks" and there is also one for the game of thrones being " game of stones ". There might be more references to other shows tbh

Pretty good names for trophies and like you said not like other games.

Edited by Cynical_Hunter
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cynical_Hunter said:

Yeah that one and my personal favorite "I am the one who knocks" and there is also one for the game of thrones being " game of stones ". There might be more references to other shows tbh

Pretty good names for trophies and like you said not like other games.

i just now remembered the "I'm King of the World" trophy is a reference to Titanic if you've seen that

• Like 1

From my time with the beta, the wood trophy shouldn’t be too bad. The stone is potentially a pain though. Trees are everywhere in most regions, but stone can be sparse at times. The 10,000 scrap too, that is likely to be the biggest grind. Overall this is a pretty fun list. Nothing too hard at all, some fun trophy name and images. 

I have a feeling this will be the game I focus on the most for a while, I was addicted to the beta.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
  • Like 2

This seems like a fun list, I'm probably in the minority but I enjoy collecting resources in games and to have a bunch of them as trophies is kinda cool. 

Curious for those who have played it...is there persistent PVP in the game? If you get killed by another player, is it permadeath and you need a new run? Any insight into how survival actually works and the pvp combat would be appreciated. 

29 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

This seems like a fun list, I'm probably in the minority but I enjoy collecting resources in games and to have a bunch of them as trophies is kinda cool. 

Curious for those who have played it...is there persistent PVP in the game? If you get killed by another player, is it permadeath and you need a new run? Any insight into how survival actually works and the pvp combat would be appreciated. 

There should be PVE servers (don’t hold me to that, I never looked in the beta)

So when you get killed, you lose everything you had on you. Then you can either spawn at a bed/sleeping bag you own, a random area, or an outpost. But that’s all you will lose. There’s no levelling system or anything.

You and everything you build are persistent on the server. So you build a base, and you can stay inside it when you go offline. When you go offline, your character will remain exactly where you left them, and simply go to sleep. This leaves you vulnerable to attack. So you should either build a good base that is really secure, or sleep in the outposts which are no-PVP zones.

But yeah you won’t have to start a fresh character, any blueprints you’ve earned will remain able to be built. But like I said there’s no levelling, so when you die, you will respawn with just a rock and torch.

The idea is to build up your base, store all your stuff inside, learn new crafting recipes, and try to survive. But at any moment, other players could kill you, or attempt to break into your base to steal your items. But you can do the same, attack and kill other players and steal their stuff.

35 minutes ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

There should be PVE servers (don’t hold me to that, I never looked in the beta)

So when you get killed, you lose everything you had on you. Then you can either spawn at a bed/sleeping bag you own, a random area, or an outpost. But that’s all you will lose. There’s no levelling system or anything.

You and everything you build are persistent on the server. So you build a base, and you can stay inside it when you go offline. When you go offline, your character will remain exactly where you left them, and simply go to sleep. This leaves you vulnerable to attack. So you should either build a good base that is really secure, or sleep in the outposts which are no-PVP zones.

But yeah you won’t have to start a fresh character, any blueprints you’ve earned will remain able to be built. But like I said there’s no levelling, so when you die, you will respawn with just a rock and torch.

The idea is to build up your base, store all your stuff inside, learn new crafting recipes, and try to survive. But at any moment, other players could kill you, or attempt to break into your base to steal your items. But you can do the same, attack and kill other players and steal their stuff.

Hm...I'm not super keen on that entirely...is there any kind of grouping or clan system to ally with others? 

22 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Hm...I'm not super keen on that entirely...is there any kind of grouping or clan system to ally with others? 

Yes, you can join clans in game. You could also ally with other people in the game while not exclusively joining their clan. 

I played the beta with my brother, and we were both pretty passive. We avoided deliberately attacking other players.

But that didn’t stop them attacking us. 

However, if you use your head, you can always outsmart other players. We built an extension on our base, with 4 doors to get through, and a bunch of chests that we kept empty. Then when someone would chase one of us, we would run inside. When the attacking player followed inside, the one not being attacked would lock the doors. Then that’s it, they were trapped. It didn’t matter if they killed you, they couldn’t get out of that room. 

Even if they managed to break down one door, they couldn’t get through them all. They eventually either gave up and killed them self, or starved/dehydrated. Either way, once they were locked inside, they weren’t getting out without dying.. once they were dead, we went inside and took all of their items off their corpse.

We had about 6 crates worth of weapons we took from people this way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

Quick question is this something I can play with just one other friend and it be enjoyable? 

Well how enjoyable it is depends on you. I find this game extremely enjoyable, it doesn’t mean you will. But as for playing with just one friend, I don’t think that would be an issue. I usually play this kind of game alone, but my brother enjoyed the beta, so he’ll be joining me.

If you play on official servers you will encounter other players who could be in bigger groups, so it’s worth remembering that.

• Like 2

This would be a good Free to Play game.

But I've heard the game cost 50 euros, other versions even more. He who said that is always so funny, I laughed a lot about his joke.

1 hour ago, ZachSmoke said:

can't connect to the servers...

The Game isn't released yet.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1