Understanding Prestige and Adventures

I'm playing through the game and trying to keep an eye on 'Storied Adventurer'. But I'm reading conflicting things about the Prestige requirements. The guide on the site here recommends "a Prestige level of at least 25 to guarantee that you'll roll, at least, a minor adventure". However other guides have suggested that "The hardest type of adventure to get is a Minor one. This is because, based on probabilities, the most common numbers you will get from the dice rolls will be between 40 and 60. Even with a total dice roll of 50 and a prestige of 4 (which I think is the lowest) you will be over what is required for a minor adventure. So make sure you don't add any more prestige until you get a minor adventure (and probably an average one too)." So if I understand the formula for Adventures correctly (2 d50s + Prestige = Total Score for rolling Adventures) surely it's better to leave my Prestige low for a while to get a minor and average adventure. My Prestige is only 11 so I don't think I've locked anything out. Am I understanding this right?

Edited by bikeman223

I'm still going to keep playing the game, so I'll probably edit the topic with my firsthand experience later.

Edit: Well I just rolled a Minor Adventure with 11 Prestige so I think that proves my point.

Edited by bikeman223

It's not possible to lock yourself out of Grand Adventures right? I just need Grand and Legendary now. I think my current Prestige is 42. Should I just focus on boosting it as high as possible now?

Edit: I rolled a Legendary Adventure with only a 45 Prestige, I must be having good RNG.

Edited by bikeman223

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

It's RNG, your luck will vary. I posted in the other thread, but you can get the two highest tiers with some save scumming.

well I was wondering, couldnt you save scum them all? Obviously I dont know how it works but while reading another guide it says

"Every time you progress a quest a "turn" is made. On every 8th turn, a roll for a stronghold adventure is made."

Couldnt you make a save before completing a quest that will create the 8th turn, check what adventure it is and reload if you didnt get what you wanted?

Just want to give some advice here that I read elsewhere...

The game rolls the next adventure when you get the current one, so at turn 8 it decides what class adventure you'll get at turn 16. This isn't helpful for the low adventures, but you can save scum the highest 2 if that's what you're missing like I was. In act 3 stack up four bounties to be turned in and get The Champion of Berath quest ready to go. These will advance the game 11 turns. Then you just have to get within 3 turns of the next adventure and make a hard save. Kill the dude from the Berath quest, then turn in the bounties. If you don't get the adventure class you want, just reload and try again. Took me 3 tries to get the Legendary one. 

For the minor one, I would keep your prestige around 10 until you get it.

Yes, you could save scum them all if you really wanted to. The trouble is the opportunity to stack up that many turns doesn't come until late game. (going from memory, been a while)

Each upgrade takes time in game, so I think you'd be adding playtime to save scum them all. If you can find missions to stack early on, go for it...but the mission I mention is a quick one.

19 hours ago, Silocia said:

Is it as bad as people make it out to be, you didnt seem to have much issue?

Again I think I got good RNG when I played. It has been a while but I believe keeping your prestige low is still advisable, regardless of what you decide to do. Make sure you track your adventures and start working on this early on so you don't end up running out of quests.

On 3.4.2023 at 0:54 PM, Silocia said:

I've just bought the game now after getting back into the genre but this trophy is the one putting me off from starting it.

Is it as bad as people make it out to be, you didnt seem to have much issue?

It's not that bad.
If you get your Stronghold as soon as possible you might not even need to save scum, there are plenty of turns in the game. At the end of my playthrough I had around ~300 turns (I played the game through PS+ premium so I can't look it up, but I think it might've been more than 400 ?) and I didn't even complete every quest because there are just so many of them :D  This gives you around ~40-50 chances to get these 5 adventures, and the minor adventure can be made impossible to get when you push your prestige level high enough.
And even if you are unlucky until the end of the game and haven't gotten all adventure types, just stack a bunch of the end-game monster bounties. They give a lot of turns and won't complete themselves until you hand in their heads or whatever. Save before turning them in, see if you get your missing adventure and reload if you're unlucky.

The game rolls two dice every 8th turn with a number possibility of 1-50 each. It takes the sum of that and adds your prestige level on top, and the number at the end is what decides which type of adventure you'll get.
You should push your prestige to 24 as soon as possible, since a total sum of 1-25 gives you no adventure at all, which is a missed opportunity. (minimum roll of 1+1+24 is 26 and over the threshold for 'no adventure').

A minor adventure needs a total sum of 26-50. If you've already gotten a minor adventure, you can push your prestige up to 49 and you won't get a minor adventure anymore since the minimum you could roll is 1+1+49, which is 51 and over the threshold for a minor adventure.
Also, you need a minimum prestige of at least 26 to get a legendary adventure. The threshold for that is 126+, so with a maximum roll of 50+50, only a prestige of 26+ can make it possible.

Of course, the higher your prestige, the higher the chances of getting the legendary adventure, so make sure to remember which adventure type you already got (get the lowest adventures first if possible) and if you have them, then push your prestige as high as possible!

But keep in mind, as far as I remember you can't lower your main prestige from upgrading your stronghold. But you can hire strong knights that will give you bonus prestige, or dismiss them if you don't need the bonus prestige anymore. And you can also hire strong bandits which lower your prestige by a few points, or dismiss them as well.  Both of them are random encounters though, so keep checking the tab with your hired hands!

It sounds worse than it is, it's just a bunch of RNG which can be manipulated. The game is fantastic! This one trophy should not deter you from playing it! ?

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 1

On 04/04/2023 at 8:41 AM, PraiseTheFluppi said:

It's not that bad.
If you get your Stronghold as soon as possible you might not even need to save scum, there are plenty of turns in the game. At the end of my playthrough I had around ~300 turns (I played the game through PS+ premium so I can't look it up, but I think it might've been more than 400 1f914.png) and I didn't even complete every quest because there are just so many of them :D  This gives you around ~40-50 chances to get these 5 adventures, and the minor adventure can be made impossible to get when you push your prestige level high enough.
And even if you are unlucky until the end of the game and haven't gotten all adventure types, just stack a bunch of the end-game monster bounties. They give a lot of turns and won't complete themselves until you hand in their heads or whatever. Save before turning them in, see if you get your missing adventure and reload if you're unlucky.

The game rolls two dice every 8th turn with a number possibility of 1-50 each. It takes the sum of that and adds your prestige level on top, and the number at the end is what decides which type of adventure you'll get.
You should push your prestige to 24 as soon as possible, since a total sum of 1-25 gives you no adventure at all, which is a missed opportunity. (minimum roll of 1+1+24 is 26 and over the threshold for 'no adventure').

A minor adventure needs a total sum of 26-50. If you've already gotten a minor adventure, you can push your prestige up to 49 and you won't get a minor adventure anymore since the minimum you could roll is 1+1+49, which is 51 and over the threshold for a minor adventure.
Also, you need a minimum prestige of at least 26 to get a legendary adventure. The threshold for that is 126+, so with a maximum roll of 50+50, only a prestige of 26+ can make it possible.

Of course, the higher you prestige, the higher the chances of getting the legendary adventure, so make sure to remember which adventure type you already got (get the lowest adventures first if possible) and if you have them, then push your prestige as high as possible!

But keep in mind, as far as I remember you can't lower your main prestige from upgrading your stronghold. But you can hire strong knights that will give you bonus prestige, or dismiss them if you don't need the bonus prestige anymore. And you can also hire strong bandits which lower your prestige by a few points, or dismiss them as well.  Both of them are random encounters though, so keep checking the tab with your hired hands!

It sounds worse than it is, it's just a bunch of RNG which can be manipulated. The game is fantastic! This one trophy should not deter you from playing it! 1f44c.png

thanks for this, you've made it sound a lot more bearable than what others have.

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 9:41 AM, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I want to add that you absolutely shouldn't push your prestige level until you've had a minor adventure, because the rolls are not 1+1, they are far more likely more than 25. But if you managed to get a minor, you can safely push it even further, because the random numbers will be more likely to hit all the other targets eventually.

• Like 1