Release all Prisoners/ Treasure Event Rant

Holy shit I'm losing my mind with the story mode in this game. The treasure events found in every story level turn this game into a boring and annoying chore. I'm playing a goddamn musou game i shouldn't have to care if some small commander of mine dies or not. I just want to have some simple fun without having to tick off a checklist of buggy and unnecessary tasks that bog down the game experience. The worst offender of this would be the Impel Down level. 

You need Buggy to release three sets of prisoners and it's a miracle if he doesn't walk past them. If he does free the prisoners, he'll only save 2 out of the 3 sets of prisoners so its like wtf do i do about that. Even with a save point before the Buggy section and multiple attempts (40 minutes) he'll only release 2 sets of prisoners. It's driving me fucking crazy just let me enjoy the good parts of the game like the Dream Log, which doesn't have any of those horrible treasure events.

I really needed to get this off my chest because my god this is one of the worst story mode experiences I've had in a game. ?

• Like 1

I honestly don't recall that treasure log event being too hard, i recall failing only once because i was too slow to help Bon Clay with tricking an officer to complete Buggy's event. But i found the Fish-Man Island level's treasure events to be harder especially if you try to do them all in one go.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BlackSabre500 said:

I honestly don't recall that treasure log event being too hard, i recall failing only once because i was too slow to help Bon Clay with tricking an officer to complete Buggy's event. But i found the Fish-Man Island level's treasure events to be harder especially if you try to do them all in one go.   

I never said they we're hard, they are just unnecessary imo. I played Pirate Warriors 4 first, so i never had to worry about additional objectives in every level, which made me realise how much more enjoyable it was than this game. I have the Dream Log about 90% complete and i haven't even finished the story yet that just shows how much I'm avoiding it lol.