Quick Question about act 3

wackt1

So like Act 3 is the part where snake is in Eastern Europe and has to tail a resistance fighter to find Eva and the resistance base. Is there a way to speed up the first half of the mission (the part where you have to tail the resistance member incognito) or do I have to tail him?

You have to tail him. In this part of ACT you have to find "someone", that is why You have to tail the resistance member. If You have Beauty face camo You can use it and prevent from being discovered by PMC. Don't worry, there will be more action very soon.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Very late to this thread, but for anyone else not in the know who might see this, there is a well-known workaround to get your time down in the first half of Act III. It involves tailing the resistance member right to the end of each segment, and having him run off into the next area before saving your progress and restarting the section (so saving when you get the prompt to move into the next area, but not actually doing so). By wearing Beauty face camo you can run past all the PMCs and helicopter searchlights without alerting them (unless you have a weapon equipped or act suspiciously - don't roll off the bridge into the river like I did) and go straight to where the resistance member exited the level. Hit the next checkpoint, save and repeat. You can do this for each section you tail him in, and the best part is that all the time and anaesthetic rounds you spent during your tailing activities will be reset each time you use this exploit. This is because each save you make is only good for the last checkpoint you reached, so your stats and inventory will be the same as they were then, but now the game registers the resistance member as being in a different area already.

Example - say I reached Act III with a time of 1:30:00, and with only 10 anaesthetic rounds. Using this exploit, I can take all the time I want to go through the map carefully so as not to get any alerts. I have the Laughing Beauty face camo equipped but oh no, I'm very bad with my aiming and can't headshot guards consistently, I end up using all of my ammunition before I reach the end of the first part. And I'm so overly clumsy, I kept alerting the resistance member to my presence (doesn't count against you, he either runs off and hides or starts shooting you), meaning it took me half an hour just for that one section! It doesn't matter - once the resistance member has moved onto the next section (out-of-sight), I save and reload. I'm back to the beginning of Act III with my 01:30:00 time and 10 anaesthetic rounds, with no resistance member to be seen! So I just run right to the next segment, (collecting some anaesthetic rounds on the way to bring me up to 20) and I don't even have to worry about being spotted. And I make it there in less than a minute with 1:30:59 on the clock ? Then I save a new file, and repeat the process for that part.

In the last section, you need to save just as the resistance member stops walking on his approach to the resistance HQ. You'll have a couple of seconds to pause and save before the cutscene kicks in. When you use the exploit in this area, you'll find the resistance member is standing just in front of where he went to ditch his PMC disguise.

Edited by SarcalogosVermis
  • Like 1