How do I Start NG+ on Insanity?

I just cleared the campaign on normal (with classic leveling.)

When I start a new career with my previous character, all options default to my previous playthrough's options, even though I've changed the difficulty to insanity from the main menu. As soon as I take control of Shepard and check the difficulty, it says normal again. What am I doing wrong?

2 hours ago, droppingtherock said:

I just cleared the campaign on normal (with classic leveling.)

When I start a new career with my previous character, all options default to my previous playthrough's options, even though I've changed the difficulty to insanity from the main menu. As soon as I take control of Shepard and check the difficulty, it says normal again. What am I doing wrong?

If you change it right when you gain control it should be fine.  Reading a trophy guide, that was how you had to do it in the original.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

If you change it right when you gain control it should be fine.  Reading a trophy guide, that was how you had to do it in the original.

Additionally, if you're only interested in the trophy, someone around here confirmed that the trick from the original game that allowed you to finish the game on Insane with a difficulty swap and have it still count works fine in the Legendary edition.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Additionally, if you're only interested in the trophy, someone around here confirmed that the trick from the original game that allowed you to finish the game on Insane with a difficulty swap and have it still count works fine in the Legendary edition.

Even then, they tweeked Insanity for ME1 to make it more balanced.  I've been playing on it and it's definitely been easier.

• Like 3