Costume never appears in my shop rotation

Jinxcendant-XIII

I'm talking about the thunder costume it was featured sometime during season 2 in early October last year and since then I haven't seen it since, but all the other costumes from season 2 have appeared now and again but this one never has and its starting to get annoying ? and no I haven't already bought it ? 

I also faced a similar problem, but with the Bulletkin. I still don't have bottom of that skin, although I logged into the game every day for more than 150 days since moment when I buy top of the Bulletkin. I wrote to tech support about this problem, but they offered me trust the will of chance case and promised keep their fingers crossed for me)

Unfortunately for both of you, this appear to be a symptom of the use of randomness in determining the store options. You would hope that there would be some kind of RNG protection built into such things, but sadly it would seem that there is not. Unless they plan to make a substantial change to the store, the only thing to do it check often and prepare to wait indefinitely.

Ah, scarcity and FOMO. The two linchpins of a game with a premium economy.

Can’t say I’ve analysed the stats for Fall Guys to confirm their store works this way, but it totally makes sense that old featured costumes rarely show up in rotation on the bottom row. After all, that’s the best way to get you thinking “shit, gotta buy it straight away” the next time you see a costume you like

(It certainly worked on me when Sonic got announced…)

2 hours ago, jpwbjpwb said:

Unfortunately for both of you, this appear to be a symptom of the use of randomness in determining the store options. You would hope that there would be some kind of RNG protection built into such things, but sadly it would seem that there is not. Unless they plan to make a substantial change to the store, the only thing to do it check often and prepare to wait indefinitely.

Guess I'll have too wait then 

12 minutes ago, DonLouboutin said:

If you want to increase your chances, just buy every outfit you can afford. They will no longer appear in your shop and will increase your chance to have the item you want next time

Not a bad strategy, just so long as you’ve got currency to burn 

3 hours ago, DonLouboutin said:

If you want to increase your chances, just buy every outfit you can afford. They will no longer appear in your shop and will increase your chance to have the item you want next time

I do buy the top half of the costume when available (ones that cost kudos) but 99% of the time I don't have enough the bottom half and most of the costumes I need cost crowns most of them are 5 crowns each and I don't win very often even in squads 

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

11 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

I do buy the top half of the costume when available (ones that cost kudos) but 99% of the time I don't have enough the bottom half and most of the costumes I need cost crowns most of them are 5 crowns each and I don't win very often even in squads 

Yes i guess unless you are playing a lot every day you can't keep up with the store good luck on your hunt 

• 1 month later...

At long last it's appeared in my shop over two months after posting this thread, and as per usual I don't have enough so I'm going to have to play to get kudos as I can't play the waiting game again 

EDIT I ended up buying the 12,500 kudos pack for £3.99 to buy the costume because I was that desperate and I was no way near 7,000 kudos anyway 

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, Nightstream88 said:

Something I wonder about if I eventually buy out all the Kudos items would eventually just the crown item ones show up in all rows or just in the two slots they normally do?

I bought everything out in season 1 and I think after I had all the Kudos items it still only showed the couple crown ones each day until I had bought them all.

This was on PC not console incase you were wondering why I don't have the fashion trophy on my PSN acc.

Edited by iGGTheEnd