Ones Eliminator Tournament Trophy

Kaden95

Hey all,

Does anyone have any suggested builds/loadouts/strategies for the One’s Eliminator tourney win? I’ve played a good amount of matches, and can generally make it past the first round somewhat consistently. The second round is so-so, and the few times I’ve made it to the finals I’ve encountered oversized puck hogs that dance around for the majority of the match. 

It’s a fun game mode, but getting a bit tedious at this point. 

Any advice is much appreciated!

• Like 1

I've won the finals a couple times (granted I don't play much anymore now that I got the trophy. I'm just trying to slog through for the level 50 trophy), and my strategy was power forward giant, with offensive boosts (can't remember exactly the names of them). I would hit, hit, hit and park myself in front of the net. I'd rarely ever go to the boards unless I was 1000% sure I could get the puck without incident. Otherwise, I just let the other two battle while maintaining my spot in front of the net, ready to grab loose pucks or rebounds. You'd be amazed at how much success you can get with a defense first mentality in this game mode.

So yeah, any time a player tries to skate to the net, you just level him. If you don't end up with the puck, ignore it and park yourself again. Don't go after the puck along the boards, just wait for the next guy to come at you with the puck. Level him too. If you feel your hit won't land or even have the smallest doubts, DO NOT go for it. 9/10 times, you'll end up out of position and he'll score. Just spam poke check or stick lift, and let the puck go to the boards. Wait, and try again.  Chances are you'll be winning very low scoring games so don't worry if you're only scoring 1-3 goals a game. If you master this strategy, your opponents will only be scoring 0-1 goals on average and/or rage quitting lol. I've won a lot of games with just 1 or 2 goals. It's the lesser skilled players who'll rage quit if you don't let them score anything which makes it much easier to win.

Keep up the strategy, and focus on knocking him down if it's 1 v 1. Stay parked in front of the net and don't go for hits unless he's skating right into you. Spam poke checks and stick lifts prefarably instead. If you don't have a clean drive to the net, manual pass the puck into a corner where you'll get an opportunity to board him. Then you'll get your clean drive to the net.

These were my strategies I used, and I could get to the finals fairly easily playing like this. It's obviously tougher in the finals to win but this strategy can work even with unsuspecting skilled opponents.

Edited by LegitDannyDeVito
  • Like 3

On 5/20/2021 at 4:05 AM, LegitDannyDeVito said:

I've won the finals a couple times (granted I don't play much anymore now that I got the trophy. I'm just trying to slog through for the level 50 trophy), and my strategy was power forward giant, with offensive boosts (can't remember exactly the names of them). I would hit, hit, hit and park myself in front of the net. I'd rarely ever go to the boards unless I was 1000% sure I could get the puck without incident. Otherwise, I just let the other two battle while maintaining my spot in front of the net, ready to grab loose pucks or rebounds. You'd be amazed at how much success you can get with a defense first mentality in this game mode.

So yeah, any time a player tries to skate to the net, you just level him. If you don't end up with the puck, ignore it and park yourself again. Don't go after the puck along the boards, just wait for the next guy to come at you with the puck. Level him too. If you feel your hit won't land or even have the smallest doubts, DO NOT go for it. 9/10 times, you'll end up out of position and he'll score. Just spam poke check or stick lift, and let the puck go to the boards. Wait, and try again.  Chances are you'll be winning very low scoring games so don't worry if you're only scoring 1-3 goals a game. If you master this strategy, your opponents will only be scoring 0-1 goals on average and/or rage quitting lol. I've won a lot of games with just 1 or 2 goals. It's the lesser skilled players who'll rage quit if you don't let them score anything which makes it much easier to win.

Keep up the strategy, and focus on knocking him down if it's 1 v 1. Stay parked in front of the net and don't go for hits unless he's skating right into you. Spam poke checks and stick lifts prefarably instead. If you don't have a clean drive to the net, manual pass the puck into a corner where you'll get an opportunity to board him. Then you'll get your clean drive to the net.

These were my strategies I used, and I could get to the finals fairly easily playing like this. It's obviously tougher in the finals to win but this strategy can work even with unsuspecting skilled opponents.

Thank you for the thorough tips! I plan to revisit this trophy sometime this week/weekend, and these should definitely help. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just won it finally and got platinum trophy what do I suggest is to learn how to score in training against goalie. And after you are at least 50/50 go for it and don’t give up it took me 350 matches (I have been to 15 finals). And one more tip never leave as in 1v1 when someone left you can learn so many useful situations. :) My build was two way forward: offensive minded 2, sharp shooter 2 and drive the net. You can do it from match to match it gets better ? GL boys ??

• Like 2