Why is it necessary to beat arcade on hardest with every character?

Ivotas

Hey guys, I'm currently working on beating arcade mode with every character as well as winning each rival battle. The discriptions for both trophies say that it could be done on Medium. Yet the guide here says that it is recommended to do this on the hardest difficulty. My question would be why? I ask this because I see no way how I should defeat a cheap character like Seth on hardest difficulty with every single character. Expecting this of my mains is ok. But there are characters I simply am not good at using which is something normal in a fighting game (especially in one with such a huge cast). So expecting us to be able to master every character in order to defeat Seth honestly seems impossible by my book. So please, if someone could explain to me why I should still try I would be really grateful. Because I've hit a roadblock now. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ivotas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Hey guys, I'm currently working on beating arcade mode with every character as well as winning each rival battle. The discriptions for both trophies say that it could be done on Medium. Yet the guide here says that it is recommended to do this on the hardest difficulty. My question would be why? I ask this because I see no way how I should defeat a cheap character like Seth on hardest difficulty with every single character. Expecting this of my mains is ok. But there are characters I simply am not good at using which is something normal in a fighting game (especially in one with such a huge cast). So expecting us to be able to master every character in order to defeat Seth honestly seems impossible by my book. So please, if someone could explain to me why I should still try I would be really grateful. Because I've hit a roadblock now. Thanks in advance.

Cause you need to do it for all the titles , simply put lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Cause you need to do it for all the titles , simply put lol

I see. Thanks for the info. So I guess I will have to give up on this then unless there is a failsafe way to cheese Seth with each character. I know I might sound a bit salty because I lack the skill to pull this off. I'm not denying that I should be stepping up my game here. But even then I think it is a ridiculous requirement to defeat the cheap final boss on hardest difficulty with every character. Some characters are just not fun to play with.

1 minute ago, Ivotas said:

I see. Thanks for the info. So I guess I will have to give up on this then unless there is a failsafe way to cheese Seth with each character. I know I might sound a bit salty because I lack the skill to pull this off. I'm not denying that I should be stepping up my game here. But even then I think it is a ridiculous requirement to defeat the cheap final boss on hardest difficulty with every character. Some characters are just not fun to play with.

You can play as Zangief and spin2win up until the rival fight. 

As for Seth...I think you need to master the Focus Attack. Seth is annoying, but he's just another AI, so you can Focus Attack loop him. Will take a number of tries, but normally  Focus -> cr.HK->Focus, rinse and repeat, should do the trick.

He's one annoying bastard, that much is for sure xD 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Copanele said:

You can play as Zangief and spin2win up until the rival fight. 

As for Seth...I think you need to master the Focus Attack. Seth is annoying, but he's just another AI, so you can Focus Attack loop him. Will take a number of tries, but normally  Focus -> cr.HK->Focus, rinse and repeat, should do the trick.

He's one annoying bastard, that much is for sure xD 

Lol, that's exactly what I've been doing with Zangief. And the rivals I also beat but Seth was something else. So thank you very much for telling me concentrate on mastering the Focus Attack. Wouldn't have thought of that. I guess it will take a while till I get good at this but at least now I know what to concentrate on. Allow me one more question. What do you mean by "cr.HK"? I mean I can guess that HK means heavy kick but what's the cr stand for? Sorry for the noobish question.^^

8 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Lol, that's exactly what I've been doing with Zangief. And the rivals I also beat but Seth was something else. So thank you very much for telling me concentrate on mastering the Focus Attack. Wouldn't have thought of that. I guess it will take a while till I get good at this but at least now I know what to concentrate on. Allow me one more question. What do you mean by "cr.HK"? I mean I can guess that HK means heavy kick but what's the cr stand for? Sorry for the noobish question.^^

Ah whoops, habit. cr.HK means crouching Heavy Kick, or Sweep. Basically you knock down the opponent if it connects.

The best way you can use that for is to knock down Seth several times in a row. Plus I think setting the timer to 30 seconds and rounds to 1 will help you, if you wish to turtle and win via Timeout.

• Like 1

@Ivotas there's even an easier strategy, scratch the focus attack loop, Seth has the bad tendency to either Shoryuken your ass or do that multiple kick stuff when you Focus. There's 4 things to have into consideration:

1. Turtle and wait for him to do his random stuff.
  2. If he goes teleportation mode, be on your guard and mash grab after his second teleportation, chances are he will teleport near you and you will be able to grab him.
  3. When he is near you, there's a high chance to do his max charged Focus attack. Jump backwards (not too early) and Heavy Kick his bald head or Sweep him.
  4. If he does a Shoryuken or that kick that has a long windup and you block it, punish him with a crouching sweep. Don't bother with anything else.

Did 2 videos that I hope will help you: One with Dan (I admit I was lucky there xD ) and one with Hakan, probably the worst character in the game. Won both of them via timeout, but I don't think you need anything more than that :D  Bonus points for when he uses his Ultra, because time goes down in your advantage if you have a life lead.

NOTE: I did lose several times with Hakan, he really sucks vs the AI xD these are not some complex strategies, just something that I hope will help you down the road :D 

• Like 2

Thank you very much for all that constructive feedback. One thing that concerns me is that for some reason all his attacks go through my blocks. At first I thought that I messed up and either blocked to late or let the block go too early. So I tested this and literally all his attacks go through (I'm not talking about grabs by the way). Also he doesn't give me a quarter at all. He spams me with quick attacks, 3,4 teleports in one second and always anticipates whatever I do.

That's not to say I'm gonna give up. Managed to beat him with two characters now. But I wish I would have a little more breathing time as in your videos. So far I didn't have that luxury. But it really looks like solid strategies. Thank you so much mate. I hope I can step up my game.^^

Btw, I need to beat Seth on hardest "only" with the base game characters, right? Or do I need to do this with the DLC characters too?

• Like 1

Also another question. For those characters that have two rivals. If I do one playthrough on hardest and defeat Seth, can I then to the second playthrough for the second rival on Medium? And can I quit after defeating rival number 2? Or do I have to defeat Seth two times with the same character?

Ok guys, sorry for the double post but I now again need urgend feedback. I'm working on defeating Seth on hardest difficulty which slowly but surely is getting me somewhere. But now I've hit a roadblock as I have to play with the worst piece of shit character of all time Dhalsim. I hated this guy back since the Super Nintento days and up to this day I have no idea how to utizllize him properly. He's pretty much doing everything in slow motion and his so called reach is more of a draw back that actually and advantage in a fight. I've tried for the past two hours to defeat Seth with Dhalsim without making even the slightest of progress towards that goal. So if anybody could help me out with a valid strategy I would be very grateful. I reall don't know that else to do anymore.

Hit and run. I spammed F HP with Dhalsim. Wait for Seth to make a mistake and then punish. Ideally you want to teleport away from Seth when he is throwing Sonic Booms then catch him. 

The AI loves to break your Focus Attack when you are charging for a level 2 or level 3 but if you can anticipate Seth closing in on you, then you can pre charge the FA and Seth may even walk into it sometimes leaving him open for another attack.

• Like 1

Ah whoops Dhalsim is awful on Hardest, to say the least. Other than baiting the teleport and grabbing, you can poke Seth instead of doing long range attacks by holding back on the d-pad. 

For instance, if the regular HP is a long range punch, holding back+HP you do a regular fast punch. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Hit and run. I spammed F HP with Dhalsim. Wait for Seth to make a mistake and then punish. Ideally you want to teleport away from Seth when he is throwing Sonic Booms then catch him. 

The AI loves to break your Focus Attack when you are charging for a level 2 or level 3 but if you can anticipate Seth closing in on you, then you can pre charge the FA and Seth may even walk into it sometimes leaving him open for another attack.

15 hours ago, Copanele said:

Ah whoops Dhalsim is awful on Hardest, to say the least. Other than baiting the teleport and grabbing, you can poke Seth instead of doing long range attacks by holding back on the d-pad. 

For instance, if the regular HP is a long range punch, holding back+HP you do a regular fast punch. 

Dear gentlement, thank you very much. I finally managed to beat Seth with Dhalsim on hardest. This truly was cancer. So happy that I've got that part behind me now.^^

There's still a huge lot of characters I need to beat this on hardest with but I'll post that here in case I hit a roadblock again. Just now I just want to express my gratitude. You guys rock!!

• Like 2

On 23.5.2021 at 9:00 AM, Copanele said:

Well done sir, well done indeed! Keep at it, you can do it!

Thanks mate. I'm almost nearly halfway done with this so far. Will still take me more days as it's not as easy. Just to reassure myself. I really need to be the rivals and Seth on hardest with the main game characters, right? I mean guys like Rolento, Poison, Oni, Evil Ryu etc. I don't need to do this on hardest with, right?

2 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks mate. I'm almost nearly halfway done with this so far. Will still take me more days as it's not as easy. Just to reassure myself. I really need to be the rivals and Seth on hardest with the main game characters, right? I mean guys like Rolento, Poison, Oni, Evil Ryu etc. I don't need to do this on hardest with, right?

Yup exactly, you need to do only the characters from SUPER street fighter 4 (there's a table with all the characters in the guide). The ULTRA characters are not required.

• Like 1

On 24.5.2021 at 3:47 PM, Copanele said:

Yup exactly, you need to do only the characters from SUPER street fighter 4 (there's a table with all the characters in the guide). The ULTRA characters are not required.

Thank god. Because it's already difficult as it is. I hope I'll be be able to make it. Had to take a break a few days.^^

Ok guys, sorry for the double post, but there's been so good feedback from everyone here so far that I figure I'd just continue posting here instead of opening a new thread.^^

That said, I've beaten all my rivals and respectively Seth with everyone on hardest difficulty. Gotta admit that I did take advantage of making the clock run down every now and then. Anyways, now I'm off to the remaining beat arcade on hardest difficulty trophies. And I figure I'd start with what seems to be the easiest, which is to defeat Evil Ryu on hardest. Now my question would be if Zangief would once again be the go to guy here or is there a more recommended character?

I know that this always comes down to the character people are best with. But I have to admit that unlike with SFII or the Alpha Games I've never managed to find a real main in SSFIV. So I'm up for suggestiongs. I know that there's no fail safe character for a noob like me. But still I'm open to suggestiongs from better and more experienced players than myself. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance.^^

48 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Ok guys, sorry for the double post, but there's been so good feedback from everyone here so far that I figure I'd just continue posting here instead of opening a new thread.^^

That said, I've beaten all my rivals and respectively Seth with everyone on hardest difficulty. Gotta admit that I did take advantage of making the clock run down every now and then. Anyways, now I'm off to the remaining beat arcade on hardest difficulty trophies. And I figure I'd start with what seems to be the easiest, which is to defeat Evil Ryu on hardest. Now my question would be if Zangief would once again be the go to guy here or is there a more recommended character?

I know that this always comes down to the character people are best with. But I have to admit that unlike with SFII or the Alpha Games I've never managed to find a real main in SSFIV. So I'm up for suggestiongs. I know that there's no fail safe character for a noob like me. But still I'm open to suggestiongs from better and more experienced players than myself. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance.^^

Sooo honestly it's all up to your expertise. You have to nail some Ultra Finishes there. Normally Zangief is the perfect character again, but you have to practice your double 360 so you can piledrive the hell out of Seth. 

Another decent character is Ryu, since his ultras are super good. Definitely do not go as Dhalsim ??

Ah and, make sure you have a second controller, it will help you immensely if you screw up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Sooo honestly it's all up to your expertise. You have to nail some Ultra Finishes there. Normally Zangief is the perfect character again, but you have to practice your double 360 so you can piledrive the hell out of Seth. 

Another decent character is Ryu, since his ultras are super good. Definitely do not go as Dhalsim 1f602.png1f602.png

Ah and, make sure you have a second controller, it will help you immensely if you screw up. 

Thank you very much. Tried with Zangief which was an easy road until I had to launch the ultras. I just couldn't get it done. Did a second attempt with Rolento, which has a very cheap way to cheese opponents with the triple punch backflip and followed up by a hard punch. Even that was not failsafe but at least it made for easier ultras against Seth.

Now that Evil Ryu has been dealt with I've got Oni and Gouken left. I shudder at the thought of it. But I think I will go with your suggestion and try playing around with Ryu a bit. Hopefully it will not be too much of a headache.^^

As always, thanks for your great feedback. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Zangief is honestly your best bet. If you're having trouble with his super and ultra just do it from a jump in so you buffer the motion input and you'll land it every time. 

Thank you very much. Just tried my Oni run yesterday and I just couldn't nail the Ultra against Seth (even though I had several chances). Then I went down and lost all my progress. Perhaps training a bit with Zangief makes more sense. I really hate the button combos in this game though. Yes I suck but I hated them since SF2 times (even though I liked the game the combos I always hated^^). I really hope that I can improve here. It's getting frustrating honestly. =/

Edit:
Well, I've now also defeated Oni and Gouken on hardest difficulty. Thank you guys so much for your help so far. I guess I've taken care of all the other tough trophies so I cannot longer run away from the elephant in the room. All that remains (which is actually tough) is the trials. And those one I'm scared of the most as I nowhere have the inhuman skill to pull off all those combos. =/

Edited by Ivotas
  • Like 1