The Last of Us Part II performance patch for PS5

HusKy

2 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Hyped eitherway but anyone know if its the same list as the ps4 or does this trigger a new list

What list? Trophies? It's the same ps4 version.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

what took them so long just to unlock the framerate

For real lol. This should've been out months ago. 

Either way though I'm glad it's finally out. Now do Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy & The Nathan Drake Collection next please ??

• Like 4

After I finished the game when it came out last year, I already had an itch for a second playthrough.  Think the time has finally come.

EDIT: I can't remember having any issues with it, but it'll probably feel like night and day compared to the standard PS4 if the Pro had issues.

Edited by Dreakon13

53 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

For real lol. This should've been out months ago. 

Either way though I'm glad it's finally out. Now do Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy & The Nathan Drake Collection next please 1f60a.png1f60a.png

The Nathan Drake Collection already runs at 60 but maybe they could try to get it to 120 haha. And the 4/Lost Legacy multiplayer and survival already run at 60. But getting the singleplayer there should definitely be a priority. Sometimes increasing the frame rate can break certain parts of games depending on how they’re coded. It’s not always quite as simple as it seems. But Microsoft does seem to be doing much better at it with their backwards compatibility.

• Like 2

That timing. It is seriously about time though, since Naughty Dog have been the only powerhouse Sony studio with their last generation games still running at 30FPS. Unfortunately, even with the long awaited The Last of Us: Part II PS5 patch, they're still behind as their Uncharted 4 game and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy game still run at 30FPS, while the other powerhouse PlayStation studios' earlier games like (Sucker Punch's) inFAMOUS Second Son and inFAMOUS First Light, (Guerilla Games's) Killzone Shadow Fall and Horizon Zero Dawn (effort prioritized to PC release), (Insomniac's) Ratchet & Clank (2016) and Marvel Spider-Man (Remastered) all run at 60FPS now.

Back to TLOU2's patch- So it turns out Naughty Dog weren't doing anything more (like a bundle with new content or multi-release with performance patches for Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy) or special (like something substantial over the next-gen patches with the other PlayStation games) with the next-gen update, making the extended waiting period that more disappointing. Secondly, the cutscenes do not look good under the 60FPS setting (nay). The gameplay might be better for it (yay), but the cutscenes are better in 30FPS for the same exact reasoning why they are in motion picture and animation. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

That timing. It is seriously about time though, since Naughty Dog have been the only powerhouse Sony studio with their last generation games still running at 30FPS. Unfortunately, even with the long awaited The Last of Us: Part II PS5 patch, they're still behind as their Uncharted 4 game and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy game still run at 30FPS, while the other powerhouse PlayStation studios' earlier games like (Sucker Punch's) inFAMOUS Second Son and inFAMOUS First Light, (Guerilla Games's) Killzone Shadow Fall and Horizon Zero Dawn (effort prioritized to PC release), (Insomniac's) Ratchet & Clank (2016) and Marvel Spider-Man (Remastered) all run at 60FPS now.

Back to TLOU2's patch- So it turns out Naughty Dog weren't doing anything more (like a bundle with new content or multi-release with performance patches for Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy) or special (like something substantial over the next-gen patches with the other PlayStation games) with the next-gen update, making the extended waiting period that more disappointing. Secondly, the cutscenes do not look good under the 60FPS setting (nay). The gameplay might be better for it (yay), but the cutscenes are better in 30FPS for the same exact reasoning why they are in motion picture and animation. 

Horizon is 60? really? Must have missed the news

Edit: Google doesnt bring anything up regarding it being 60

Edited by abhinandhan22

39 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Horizon is 60? really? Must have missed the news

Edit: Google doesnt bring anything up regarding it being 60

See parentheses; they focused their efforts firstly on increasing its framerate for the PC release. So, technically, the game can be played at 60 or higher framerate. They just chose a different platform over PS5. I suspect the lack of an upgrade or the slowdown of it on PS5, is due to development of the cross-generation sequel and its very imminent release this year.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, F1rstinFlight said:

The Nathan Drake Collection already runs at 60 but maybe they could try to get it to 120 haha. And the 4/Lost Legacy multiplayer and survival already run at 60. But getting the singleplayer there should definitely be a priority. Sometimes increasing the frame rate can break certain parts of games depending on how they’re coded. It’s not always quite as simple as it seems. But Microsoft does seem to be doing much better at it with their backwards compatibility.

Yeah but Nathan Drake Collection is stuck at 1080p. Needs a 4K bump with HDR support. And yes, 120fps would be dope!

But since Bluepoint developed the ND:C maybe it's out of Naughty Dog's control. 

• Like 2

PlayStation really needs an FPS Boost feature like Xbox. Xbox can have its Game Pass full of old games I already have and middling new first party titles day one, but the FPS boost feature is pretty awesome. I know they can't do it quite like Xbox can, but it would be cool to see them do something similar rather than have each of their studios patch the games one by one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Good news here, but please Bloodborne next. Waiting to play it with enhanced features. 

I'm not positive but I think they already did a graphical enhancement because it looks really good on the ps5.  I'm not one to follow Graphical stuff real closely but I remember seeing comparisons for it and when I played it in December it looked amazing as compared to ps4.