The Last of Us Part II performance patch for PS5

HusKy

On 5/19/2021 at 1:02 PM, EcoShifter said:

Secondly, the cutscenes do not look good under the 60FPS setting (nay). The gameplay might be better for it (yay), but the cutscenes are better in 30FPS for the same exact reasoning why they are in motion picture and animation. 

You're saying they should have a movie's framerate to look like a movie? Or is it something else? Anyway, the cutscenes looked good to me at 60 in the first one. Haven't tried Part 2 yet. But I think movies should be 60 fps anyway, but we only have a handful so far.

5 hours ago, emailking said:

You're saying they should have a movie's framerate to look like a movie? Or is it something else?

Anyway, the cutscenes looked good to me at 60 in the first one. Haven't tried Part 2 yet. But I think movies should be 60 fps anyway, but we only have a handful so far.

Might have to edit for less confusion, but, uh, yes? The scenes are better in 30fps.

TLOUR and TLOU2 are two separate games, and the former's cinematics are at least rerendered in 60fps. TLOU2's scenes are not good under the 60fps; it's so unnatural looking and feeling. It's just like this (watch whole), and perhaps after seeing that you'll understand what the issue is. There's plenty more examples, including anime.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Might have to edit for less confusion, but, uh, yes? The scenes are better in 30fps.

TLOUR and TLOU2 are two separate games, and the former's cinematics are at least rerendered in 60fps. TLOU2's scenes are not good under the 60fps; it's so unnatural looking and feeling. It's just like this (watch whole), and perhaps after seeing that you'll understand what the issue is. There's plenty more examples, including anime.

You're saying the cutscenes use motion interpolation for Part 2? If so, yeah that sucks.

Nope, it's not an interpolation problem, the cutscenes are rendered in real time, but a shutter speed one. They doubled the framerate but did not adjusted the (virtual) camera shutter speed so that the motion blur looks similar to what it was at 30fps. And thus the cutscenes looks less cinematographic and more "videogamey", which, depending on your tastes, can be seen as a regression.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Can anyone confirm the grounded ng+ cheat thing still works?

Can't confirm but what I can say is that accessibility options already make Grounded difficulty completely trivial. No need to worry. ?

• Like 1

The Glitches are still working. I am kind of speedrunning the game now with cheats for the DLC trophies.

Now my game always crashes, when I reach the point where Abby climbs the crane. So my walkthrough is over from this point. Such wow…

EDIT:

Replayed everything -> Abby falling of the crane, save gets corrupt again. Can’t finish this playthrough on PS5. Nice nice.

Edited by xIRockyRock

• 3 weeks later...