Question about Fallout 3 dlcs

Andrei-Balan

So i found the normal EU version of fallout 3 with manaul etc. super cheap and I was thinking of buying it but I have a doubt about the dlcs. From what I saw, the dlcs are not available on the ps store. After good hours of searching the forums etc. i saw that someone specifies that the manual / cd has a special code and when you put it in the ps store you can buy the dlcs. My question is: Can i buy the dlcs if I take the physical EU version of the game ? or can I play them only if I take the game of the year version ? 

Edited by Andrei-Balan

• 1 month later...

When you say EU I understand that you mean the European Union, starting from there I tell you that the Dlc's can be played as long as the version of the game you have is compatible with the Dlc's, which can be verified by seeing the information that each Dlc brings before buying it where it says for which version it is.

The Fallout 3: GOTY Edition has everything on the disc - no downloads required. To use the DLCs with Vanilla version, you have to get them from the PS Store in the same country your copy of the game is from. I have no idea where you got this nonsense from about needing codes for the PS3 version but it's 100% false! The only release that uses codes, is the PC version but that's it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I really wish they would just update the PSNow version to the GOTY edition. It's needed that for a long long time. I know the game+DLC is still accessible if you run it through a PS3, but we're two generations beyond that now, it's just a shame it has had no attention at all beyond it's limited inclusion on the PS Now service.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Fallout 3: GOTY Edition has everything on the disc - no downloads required. To use the DLCs with Vanilla version, you have to get them from the PS Store in the same country your copy of the game is from. I have no idea where you got this nonsense from about needing codes for the PS3 version but it's 100% false! The only release that uses codes, is the PC version but that's it.

The DLC's for the vanilla version are delisted in the PSN Store. What @Andrei-Balan is saying, is that it would still be possible to find and buy those delisted DLC's in the store by entering the disc code from the disc you have in the search field and search for them that way instead of the name of the DLC's or the name of the game.
The disc code defines the region and version of the game. In Europe it usually starts with BLES for PS3. The code is on the disc and on the left side of the box at the bottom.

So the question has nothing to do with codes on a card that are sometimes added to a GOTY to redeem the DLC in the store for that GOTY.

I personally never heard about this trick to find and buy delisted DLC's so now I'm wondering if that's true!
I'm probably not a good example to test this for Fallout 3 because I bought the DLC way before they got delisted. So the DLC is already in my downloadlist and that might give different results from people without the DLC in their downloadlist.

Edited by Kolm

17 hours ago, Kolm said:

The DLC's for the vanilla version are delisted in the PSN Store. What @Andrei-Balan is saying, is that it would still be possible to find and buy those delisted DLC's in the store by entering the disc code from the disc you have in the search field and search for them that way instead of the name of the DLC's or the name of the game.
The disc code defines the region and version of the game. In Europe it usually starts with BLES for PS3. The code is on the disc and on the left side of the box at the bottom.

So the question has nothing to do with codes on a card that are sometimes added to a GOTY to redeem the DLC in the store for that GOTY.

I personally never heard about this trick to find and buy delisted DLC's so now I'm wondering if that's true!
I'm probably not a good example to test this for Fallout 3 because I bought the DLC way before they got delisted. So the DLC is already in my downloadlist and that might give different results from people without the DLC in their downloadlist.

In that case I have no absolutely idea, because I've never heard of any trick relating to entering a BLES or CUSA code into the store and being able to get delisted content that way.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case I have no absolutely idea, because I've never heard of any trick relating to entering a BLES or CUSA code into the store and being able to get delisted content that way.

Me neither but I just tried it on PS3 and I totally forgot that on PS3 itself you have those letters you have to scroll through when searching. And it'll only show letters that are available in the left over search results. So if you search for 'BLES' you can add stuff to make 'blessings' (code realize), but there's no - or 0. If you try searching for 00337 you'll only get as far as the 00 and then the only options are 7 or space...

Maybe this was a thing in the PC version of the PSN store, but as far as I can see this doesn't work on the PS3 itself.
So if you want all DLC but didn't buy it before it got delisted, then your only option is the GOTY version like @X_Wizi_X showed.

Edit: Wow... just tried searching for fallout on PS3 and I got an option 'Fallout 3 downloads'. If I select it I get a game page for Fallour 3 and at the section of add-ons, every DLC is shown and even bundle (49.99 euro...) is there. But for some reason I have to buy it all again while I can just redownload it from my download list. Maybe it's because of a different disc code? The disc code mentioned in the description is BLES-00333. For the bundle there's 2 options to choose from when you add it to your cart, but no idea what the difference is. My region is Europe/Belgium.

I thought this DLC was delisted... either it's back, smth weird happened or I'm mixed up with Fallout New Vegas....
Fallout New Vegas DLC is still nowhere to be found, that was also delisted..

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30-6-2021 at 2:20 PM, Legion_Immortal said:

Did you try manually searching the store for them?  Because they might still be there just not under a game category  due to the game being delisted.

Sorry for my late reply but I wasn't following this thread so I would only get notifications from people quoting me or tagging/mentioning me with @.

To answer your question: I just tested and couldn't find any of the 5 Fallout New Vegas DLC's by searching for their name in the PS3 Store.
So I'm afraid the Fallout New Vegas DLC is completely delisted in my region (EU/Belgium) and probably everywhere else as well.

When searching for the Fallout 3 DLC separately, it still says I have to buy it but after saying 'put in basket' I get an error that I can't buy it.

This might be because I already have it, but I would have expected a download button instead of a 'put in basket' button on the productpage.

Luckily I have both games already 100% so no need to dig through my downloadlist for this :)

• 1 month later...

Dunno if this can help someone, but you can easily find the dlcs bundle of the fallout3 in the ps store going to Games->additional content->sort from the high price to low price-> it cost 50€ so it is in the first 3 rows. I just bought them. i can find only bundle not the single dlc unluckly