Jason-DFG

Orphan of Kos impossible

30 posts in this topic

I had not to much trouble with the bossfights in general but damn this is one of the only bossfights thats not budging for me i've gotten the closest to 1/4th health before he just obliterates me. I just think he gives u 0 breathing room i dont even get the chance to heal up or hes back on me for another 2,3 hit attack.

Edited by Jason-DFG
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this strategy is outlined in several guides, but have you tried getting gud?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I know this strategy is outlined in several guides, but have you tried getting gud?

It's not even that theres a mayor difficulty spike between all the bossfights and this 1.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it would help but here's my victory over Orphan after many attempts 3+ years ago:

 

 

I hated Orphan. I remember how angry the boss made me & how good it felt to finally win.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is an annoying fight but it can be done, you just got to keep trying and remember to use your gun if you have to summon someone to help just let me know I can pop on to help if you like.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s the most difficult fight in the game, but can also be one of the easiest if you take the time to learn his move sets. Be mindful of when he’s slamming down or doing his swing attacks, he will follow them up over and over, then you strike. Use bolt papers to give your weapon a little extra damage. You also have the ability to stagger him in a loop with the pistol if you hit him at a very specific time during his patterns, there’s videos showcasing it. Also, don’t be intimidated by his 2nd phase, it’s actually a lot easier than the 1st imo...just avoid him when he jumps in the air and slams down, roll roll roll but conserve your stamina. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

I don't know if it would help but here's my victory over Orphan after many attempts 3+ years ago:

 

 

I hated Orphan. I remember how angry the boss made me & how good it felt to finally win.

Will check it out it's so odd that the challice dungeons were much much easier then this boss fight itself. I had 0 struggles so far besides from some of the bossfights but never this bad.

 

1 minute ago, Lonemankane said:

it is an annoying fight but it can be done, you just got to keep trying and remember to use your gun if you have to summon someone to help just let me know I can pop on to help if you like.

 

Could always try if i get desperate been trying for awhile now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason-DFG said:

Will check it out it's so odd that the challice dungeons were much much easier then this boss fight itself. I had 0 struggles so far besides from some of the bossfights but never this bad.

 

 

Could always try if i get desperate been trying for awhile now.

No problem just letting ya know as I can help if you need it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

I had 0 struggles so far besides from some of the bossfights but never this bad.


Which weapon are you wielding during the fight? I would not recommend using any other weapon besides the Saw Cleaver. It has the best move set to go against him, any other weapons will be slower, deal less damage, or mess with you because of their move sets. Not saying it’s impossible with the other weapons, but Saw Cleaver is by far the best. My 2nd option would be fully upgraded Whirlygig with bolt paper. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:


Which weapon are you wielding during the fight? I would not recommend using any other weapon besides the Saw Cleaver. It has the best move set to go against him, any other weapons will be slower, deal less damage, or mess with you because of their move sets. Not saying it’s impossible with the other weapons, but Saw Cleaver is by far the best. My 2nd option would be fully upgraded Whirlygig with bolt paper. 

I've been using the axe since the start. Its the only weapon i have fully upgraded.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

It's not even that theres a mayor difficulty spike between all the bossfights and this 1.

i wouldnt say that, its just a bit of an uptick from maria honestly
i did this fucker & maria in one try because parry gud, but ludwig took like 50, so its all subjective anyways

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

i wouldnt say that, its just a bit of an uptick from maria honestly
i did this fucker & maria in one try because parry gud, but ludwig took like 50, so its all subjective anyways

That was quite the opposite for me . Maria took me 2 trys and ludwig himself took me about 5. But Kos is 1 i've been struggling with been trying about 40ish times now. And it might be a factor that i'm not that good in the parryng system the game provides.

Edited by Jason-DFG
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason-DFG said:

I've been using the axe since the start. Its the only weapon i have fully upgraded.


That’s alright, with the Hunter’s Axe it might be trickier to utilize the special transformation for the weapon, but if you do use it only use it to push him back as it has insane reach, but only for that bc you will be at a disadvantage being a lot slower. It is totally possible to beat him using just the regular weapon (one-handed), but if you do I highly recommend looking up the neat way to lock him in a stagger loop, ultimately helping you at least batter him into the 2nd phase with ease. Like I said though, once you hit 2nd phase don’t let him intimidate you, and side-strafe him when he tries to launch towards you (he won’t have his weapon anymore, so he has to close distance between you two). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:


That’s alright, with the Hunter’s Axe it might be trickier to utilize the special transformation for the weapon, but if you do use it only use it to push him back as it has insane reach, but only for that bc you will be at a disadvantage being a lot slower. It is totally possible to beat him using just the regular weapon (one-handed), but if you do I highly recommend looking up the neat way to lock him in a stagger loop, ultimately helping you at least batter him into the 2nd phase with ease. Like I said though, once you hit 2nd phase don’t let him intimidate you, and side-strafe him when he tries to launch towards you (he won’t have his weapon anymore, so he has to close distance between you two). 

Thats asfar as i've gotten with him in fase 2 where he grows out his wings. assoon as that happens i end up losing control of the situation. but i will try the bolt paper with the axe on the second phase.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason-DFG said:

Thats asfar as i've gotten with him in fase 2 where he grows out his wings. assoon as that happens i end up losing control of the situation. but i will try the bolt paper with the axe on the second phase.


If you can get to the 2nd phase, I know you can beat him. He might seem intimidating bc of all the slamming around he does, but just time them and even try to parry him with the pistol while he’s coming down to hit you if you think you can do it. When he jumps super super high though, roll out of the way. You got this. 
 

9 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

i wouldnt say that, its just a bit of an uptick from maria honestly
i did this fucker & maria in one try because parry gud, but ludwig took like 50, so its all subjective anyways


Definitely subjective, during my all trophies speedrun I had my ass handed to me by the Pthumerian Descendant bc he kept stun locking me, but I breezed through every other boss. Gotta love Bloodborne lol. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First just try dodging and parrying his attacks without focusing on damaging him. This helps memorize his pattern and if you do die then it's not as frustrating.

 

Second don't ever spam. Only hit the dodge button once for each dodge and same for attacks. There's something like action storage or whatever it's called. To elaborate, if you hit the button to perform action B while currently doing action A it will do B after the animation for A is done. This is bad because you need to always be able to quickly convert from dodging to attacking and visa versa. It also helps to time your consecutive dodges better. It'll take some getting used to if you haven't been doing it all game but I noticed I was doing much better when I picked it up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This boss was the reason I created a new character with a skill build instead of a strength build haha. It helps to parry as much as possible, especially in the first phase. It helped me better understand his patterns and have more health items for the second phase. 

 

Anyway, just keep in mind that this trophy is actually pretty common for psnprofiles. That's not meant to make you feel bad, but to encourage you that if a lot of people can do it on here, there's no reason why you can't! Just keep at it and try not to get too frustrated because it IS possible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BKnocheese said:

This boss was the reason I created a new character with a skill build instead of a strength build haha. It helps to parry as much as possible, especially in the first phase. It helped me better understand his patterns and have more health items for the second phase. 

 

Anyway, just keep in mind that this trophy is actually pretty common for psnprofiles. That's not meant to make you feel bad, but to encourage you that if a lot of people can do it on here, there's no reason why you can't! Just keep at it and try not to get too frustrated because it IS possible.

 

I will prob get it eventually but its madness that it might take me about 100+ trys just for this bossfight alone. all the other bossfights worst for me has been 15 retry's. This one tops it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can always have a friend join you and help you. It's pretty easy if you do that.

 

I had a BT/SK build that essentially used either the Chikage or Maria's blades to just dance around the opponent and chunk the enemy with a quick flurry of attacks. I was able to solo quite a few bosses pretty easily doing this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just summon a bunch of people and slap him around. Or git gud :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the DLC for the first time in NG+4 and he's the only boss that was close to require me the same amount of tries that the Watchdog did, so yeah, I feel the frustration lol.

All I could suggest based on my experience is that he is to be treated differently than the other bosses, meaning his attacks take a lot of time to hit and so dodging at the very last moment will save you a lot of health, unlike pretty much any other boss once they start the attack animation. Another thing is, as already pointed out, use electricity. I applied it on LHB and it made things a lot easier; moreover, using a rally rune helped me a lot, especially when he attacks you and you have like 1HP left - this allows for further stunning and blocking of his attacks while also gaining massive health. Unlike many others, once I reached phase 2, it was the last time I had to deal with him as he became much easier to handle, for me, since his attacks are slower and have less range (I had enough stamina to make him not perform his electrical attack, so you may want to check on your stamina as well). Usually any tip I read didn't work for me, so I'd just say, take a good break and don't give up :P eventually, either for luck, instinct and/or skill, countering him becomes just natural, and if you reached the second phase, I'm sure you already have the latter. If you want, I can post my run on it, but imho anyone has their own playstyle.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found taking him into the water for his second phase really helpful, he's not as in your face and he can be kept at a distance until an attack window opens, either roll through the wave attack or take the hit and heal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Which weapon are you wielding during the fight? I would not recommend using any other weapon besides the Saw Cleaver. It has the best move set to go against him, any other weapons will be slower, deal less damage, or mess with you because of their move sets. Not saying it’s impossible with the other weapons, but Saw Cleaver is by far the best. My 2nd option would be fully upgraded Whirlygig with bolt paper. 

I'm of the camp that thinks you should always use the weapon you are comfortable with because you can react faster when you know how your weapon behaves. Switching weapon so late into the game isn't gonna help him that much. For example I did this in my 5th attempt with Ludwig's Holy Blade.

 

My only advice for OP is to stop right before 50% HP and land a visceral while Orphan is still in his first phase. This let's you go into 2nd phase with a chunk of damage already dealt. Then it's just dodge and land a hit, or dodge and heal. I would normally just heal while I was beside him after a dodge. Panic healing is always bad.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t struggle too much with this boss... killed at my 2nd or 3rd attempt I’m not by any means a skilled player in this game. I used a strength build with the Hunter Axe +10. Before (and during) the encounter,  I applied electricity, blood beast pellet and keep moving and dodging. In my opinion you have to be aggressive in this fight

Edited by ShinySpidey
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.