How are people getting under 24 hour completions?

PIECREAM-4-U

24 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Is there something I'm missing? 

I'm about to report these accounts but there's some very low numbers in the top 10 that makes me think there's some kind of glitch or console?

This game is full of glitches and exploits you can use to skip parts of the game and speed things up (which is par for the course with Bugthesda titles) but there are also some cheaters out there who use hacked saves to give themselves an unfair advantage. I would PM a member of the CRT and have them look into any suspect accounts if you're not 100% certain they're cheaters.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

One should note that trophies for this game can be popped out of order as well. For example, you can talk your way out of doing the GOAT exam and have to get it in the next playthrough. Another example is after leaving the vault, you can go straight to where your dad is and rescue him skipping all the story quests in between. As for a sub 24 hour 100% that is quite the feat if legit.

• Like 3

I believe HoorayForTyler sitting at #4 is a known speedrunner on this site. #1 and #3 obviously belong to the same person and happened somewhat recently. I know that Tyler held #1 until very recently, so I suppose he's the guy to ask for how plausible the other guys' times are.

Now #2 literally just appeared after this thread started. He wasn't there last I checked when I saw this thread an hour ago. He has trophies since 2011 and already over 550 views on his profile without having a ranking on the leaderboard yet. Not sure how the site works exactly, I suppose it might be possible that he went that long without having been picked up, but last time I ran into the same thing it was actually a cheater, so might wanna poke MMDE or Birvine about that one.

Edited by NamoPh

15 minutes ago, Baker said:

So even though you have no clue about this game you’re just going to report people anyway? That’s just pathetic. You should be absolutely sure before reporting.

Because of people like you I’m all for a penalty for wrongfully reporting someone.

Thats why I'm asking ? 

I also played this game on both pc and xbox and it's a 100 hour completion on average on those platforms.

So yeah, 6 hour 100% with all dlcs does look suspicious even if I haven't played the game on playstation. 

Get a grip dude.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Thats why I'm asking ? 

I also played this game on both pc and xbox and it's a 100 hour completion on average on those platforms.

So yeah, 6 hour 100% with all dlcs does look suspicious even if I haven't played the game on playstation. 

Get a grip dude.

Just look up a speedrun.

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 10:13 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

Even if you skipped all the dialogue, finding the necessary locations for quests, completing all of them including every DLC questline (which clock in at minimum two hours each) plus collectibles I highly doubt you’d end up with under 24 hours. Yet 1st place got them all in 13 hours? Bullshit. Cheating to the extreme 

“Cheating to the extreme” huh? Yet another person in the forums who thinks they’re a Fallout expert.

I really wish people like you would actually do your research on the game before making baseless claims and whining bc you think a fastest 100% time is impossible.

You can cry and call bullshit all you want, I did my homework before I started practicing all trophies runs for the Fallout games and dedicated a huge chunk of time to obtaining the first place spot. Feel free to return to these forums when you can back up what you’re saying. ?

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 1:13 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

Even if you skipped all the dialogue, finding the necessary locations for quests, completing all of them including every DLC questline (which clock in at minimum two hours each) plus collectibles I highly doubt you’d end up with under 24 hours. Yet 1st place got them all in 13 hours? Bullshit. Cheating to the extreme 

You're correct good sir. 

8 hours ago, Dan-lives-here said:

You're correct good sir. 

You and your buddy are so bitter about seeing such short 100% times for Fallout 3 and it shows. And the fact that you were initially going to flag all of the top spots on the leaderboards just because they’re not to your liking—and with no substantial evidence to back up the flags—says a lot about you and your childish, immature nature. 

Words of advice: stop being lazy and watch speedruns for the game before jumping the gun and making baseless claims. When you can route a speedrun for Fallout 3 and put in the work like I did to achieve my time, then I’ll take you seriously. 

And also, you recently lurked on my profile so you must have obviously seen that I regularly do trophy speedruns, or are you going to say that I cheated in all of those as well? Stay mad. 

• Like 4

Yeah, if you follow the Fallout speedrunning community it's easy to see how achieveable HoorayForTyler's run is. I think people are getting hung up on the fact that playing normally it would be impossible to just run from mission to mission and 100% in those times. People like HoorayForTyler and those that speedrun Fallout have dedicated a serious amount of time to planning routes and tactics to achieve those times, it's impressive in it's own right!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KyleGM said:

Yeah, if you follow the Fallout speedrunning community it's easy to see how achieveable HoorayForTyler's run is. I think people are getting hung up on the fact that playing normally it would be impossible to just run from mission to mission and 100% in those times. People like HoorayForTyler and those that speedrun Fallout have dedicated a serious amount of time to planning routes and tactics to achieve those times, it's impressive in it's own right!

Thank you. And yes, I’m just going to assume it’s a case of blatant ignorance and these people think that it’s my first time playing the game or something.

I’ve also been accused of cheating in the Fallout: New Vegas forums by someone who claimed to know so much about the Fallout games, and I then proceeded to easily shut down each of their accusations.

It speaks volumes when I’m continuously seeing random Fallout experts make baseless claims in the forums time and time again when they seem like they wouldn’t know left from right in the games. 

@Dan-lives-here: next time you make an announcement that you’re going to angry-flag people for supposed cheating, make sure you have evidence to back up your bs claims. Or better yet, flag me and make sure that flag reason makes you sound like you know what you’re talking about.

• Like 3